Electrum

Old October 13th 03, 02:32 PM
Stujoe

A.Gent spoke thusly...

"A.Gent" wrote in message
u...
(I note the original post is showing on Google yet either - just my reply
and Phil's.)

sigghhhh
I meant "isn't"

Just for future reference...it won't show up on google because the
original post has the X-No-Archive header set to yes.

From the Google Help page:

12. I do not want you to archive my article(s)! How can I prevent
messages that I post from being archived on Google Groups?

Google supports the 'X-No-archive: yes' header, and we will not archive
any articles that contain this text either in the header or in the first
line of the message body.

http://www.google.com/googlegroups/help.html#prevent

--
Stu Miller
Visit the Virtual Coin Museum (over 100 displays):
Old October 13th 03, 03:02 PM
A.Gent

"Stujoe" wrote in message
t...
A.Gent spoke thusly...

"A.Gent" wrote in message
u...
(I note the original post is showing on Google yet either - just my

reply
and Phil's.)

sigghhhh
I meant "isn't"

Just for future reference...it won't show up on google because the
original post has the X-No-Archive header set to yes.

Thanks for that, Stu.
I didn't think to look there.

Old October 13th 03, 03:14 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Stujoe wrote:

A.Gent spoke thusly...

"A.Gent" wrote in message
u...
(I note the original post is showing on Google yet either - just my reply
and Phil's.)

sigghhhh
I meant "isn't"

Just for future reference...it won't show up on google because the
original post has the X-No-Archive header set to yes.

From the Google Help page:

12. I do not want you to archive my article(s)! How can I prevent
messages that I post from being archived on Google Groups?

Google supports the 'X-No-archive: yes' header, and we will not archive
any articles that contain this text either in the header or in the first
line of the message body.

http://www.google.com/googlegroups/help.html#prevent

I am going to be the model of restraint and not repost the Periodic
Posting Reid Goldsborough. But this is classic, simply classic.
Reid goes off on another attack of one of Mike's published articles and
makes sure his post has the archive turned off? Professional jealousy
has addled his pate.

Alan
'more than usual'
Old October 13th 03, 03:21 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 14:14:44 GMT, Alan & Erin Williams
is alleged to have written:

Stujoe wrote:

A.Gent spoke thusly...

"A.Gent" wrote in message
u...
(I note the original post is showing on Google yet either - just my reply
and Phil's.)

sigghhhh
I meant "isn't"

Just for future reference...it won't show up on google because the
original post has the X-No-Archive header set to yes.

From the Google Help page:

12. I do not want you to archive my article(s)! How can I prevent
messages that I post from being archived on Google Groups?

Google supports the 'X-No-archive: yes' header, and we will not archive
any articles that contain this text either in the header or in the first
line of the message body.

http://www.google.com/googlegroups/help.html#prevent

I am going to be the model of restraint and not repost the Periodic
Posting Reid Goldsborough. But this is classic, simply classic.
Reid goes off on another attack of one of Mike's published articles and
makes sure his post has the archive turned off? Professional jealousy
has addled his pate.

Alan
'more than usual'

Reid has used no archive since his sock puppets were outed long ago. Reid has
apologized for that and AFAIK has stopped using the socks. But the no archive
remains, so anybody who wants his old posts must use one of the pay services
that do not honor that flag.

Bruce (I'm glad I don't do ancients, you folks seem to fight a lot)
Old October 13th 03, 03:46 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Bruce Hickmott wrote:

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 14:14:44 GMT, Alan & Erin Williams
is alleged to have written:

Stujoe wrote:

A.Gent spoke thusly...

"A.Gent" wrote in message
u...
(I note the original post is showing on Google yet either - just my reply
and Phil's.)

sigghhhh
I meant "isn't"

Just for future reference...it won't show up on google because the
original post has the X-No-Archive header set to yes.

From the Google Help page:

[...]

If that's the case, its a very inconsistent useage.

http://tinyurl.com/qqjr

Apparently its a selective editing of what he does/does not want to be recorded.

Alan
'you should have seen the ancients go after each other'
Old October 13th 03, 04:21 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 14:46:00 GMT, Alan & Erin Williams
is alleged to have written:

Bruce Hickmott wrote:

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 14:14:44 GMT, Alan & Erin Williams
is alleged to have written:

Stujoe wrote:

A.Gent spoke thusly...

"A.Gent" wrote in message
u...
(I note the original post is showing on Google yet either - just my reply
and Phil's.)

sigghhhh
I meant "isn't"

Just for future reference...it won't show up on google because the
original post has the X-No-Archive header set to yes.

From the Google Help page:

[...]

Huh, never noticed that. No archive doesn't really matter to me, I have access
to a couple of pay repositories.

Posters choice, I suppose, but selective NO ARCHIVE would be a negative to
credibility in my book.

Bruce

Old October 13th 03, 04:50 PM
Lyntoy1

I believe
electrum is being used to terrorize heroin addicts in Panama.
Here I quote Alan Williams directly that he believes that electrum is being
used to terrorize heroin addicts in Panama (HIS words, not mine). The point I
am making is that NOWHERE does he state whether it is the silver debasement or
the lack of gold purity that harms the drug addict. Pliny is strangely silent
regarding Panama, and Michael Marotta is hiding from this issue altogether. I
will read further...:-)
Mike
Actually learning good stuff you guys
Old October 13th 03, 04:59 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Lyntoy1 wrote:

I believe
electrum is being used to terrorize heroin addicts in Panama.
Here I quote Alan Williams directly that he believes that electrum is being
used to terrorize heroin addicts in Panama (HIS words, not mine). The point I
am making is that NOWHERE does he state whether it is the silver debasement or
the lack of gold purity that harms the drug addict. Pliny is strangely silent
regarding Panama, and Michael Marotta is hiding from this issue altogether. I
will read further...:-)
Mike
Actually learning good stuff you guys

Well that's got me dead to rights. Alloy issues in Panama without a
referent in Pliny and no comment from Tom Ridge. ;-) Mea Maxima Culpa.

Alan
'a girl I dated once'
Old October 13th 03, 05:28 PM
Reid Goldsborough

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 10:21:07 -0400, Bruce Hickmott
wrote:

Reid has used no archive since his sock puppets were outed long ago. Reid has
apologized for that and AFAIK has stopped using the socks. But the no archive
remains, so anybody who wants his old posts must use one of the pay services
that do not honor that flag.

This is not true, not true at all. But this doesn't stop you from
saying it. So what else is new. I've used the no-archive header for
years. But I've never used it for all my posts. If you do a Google
Groups search, you'll see old and new posts of mine there, both from
this and other newsgroups. The newsreader I use, Agent, lets you very
easily set this, though sometime I have it set one way when I want it
set the other way. Google Groups gives people the right, as it should,
to decide for themselves which of their posts Google Groups archives
and which it doesn't, and I've always used this option. The oldest
adage online is that you own your words. Not anybody else. You get to
decide, or should, where they appear.

--

Coin Collecting: Consumer Guide: http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Glomming: Coin Connoisseurship: http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Old October 13th 03, 05:31 PM
Reid Goldsborough

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 17:21:58 +1000, "A.Gent"
wrote:

Close but no cigar - you're confusing bimetallic with bimetallism.
(seriously)
Bimetallic = those appalling silver (or whatever) coins with a gold (or
whatever) middle bit.
Bimetallism - the ability of a currency to allow equivalence between coins
of different alloys; e.g. one gold blazoo = 16 silver widgets. This
requires an abstract unit - like "dollar"

Both the words "bimetallic" and "bimetallism" are used in reference to
the issuing of coins in relatively pure gold and silver. The former is
simply an adjective, the latter a noun. Look through the literature.
Or do a Google search.