Need contact in Brazil

Old January 18th 10, 11:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

Default Need contact in Brazil

Just before Christmas I lost a good friend of 30 years, a fellow translator
who came originally from Portugal, translated Portuguese for the federal
government for many years, retired in Rio and took up stamp collecting (and
Chopin). We both retired in '95, drifted apart but stayed in touch. Mário
was also my last contact in Brazil.

I now have a request: If anyone here, visible or lurking, can get me in
touch with someone else in Brazil who would like to correspond with me
mainly about stamps and/or music, I would be very glad and thankful. I
would prefer someone more or less my own age (65) and definitely not a
dealer in either stamps or music.

Eu ficaria muito feliz corresponder em português se o inglês apresenta
problemas.

Thanks in advance. - Obrigado de antemão.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada -- http://www.amedialuz.ca/

Old January 19th 10, 06:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Toke Nørby

"Tony Vella" wrote:

Just before Christmas I lost a good friend of 30 years, a fellow translator
who came originally from Portugal, translated Portuguese for the federal
government for many years, retired in Rio and took up stamp collecting (and
Chopin). We both retired in '95, drifted apart but stayed in touch. Mário
was also my last contact in Brazil.

I now have a request: If anyone here, visible or lurking, can get me in
touch with someone else in Brazil who would like to correspond with me
mainly about stamps and/or music, I would be very glad and thankful. I
would prefer someone more or less my own age (65) and definitely not a
dealer in either stamps or music.

Eu ficaria muito feliz corresponder em português se o inglês apresenta
problemas.

Thanks in advance. - Obrigado de antemão.

Maybe a Dane can help!
"Klerman Wanderley Lopes" (Rio de Janeiro) is one
of my personal friends. He was a commissioner at our stamp exhibition
HAFNIA 2001 in Denmark and a very nice person. Send him an e-mail and
say hello from me, please! He will answer you for sure!
Mvh Toke

--
My book "30-øres provisorierne fra 1955-1956"
was published ultimo January 2010:
Old January 19th 10, 09:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

"Toke Nørby" wrote in message
"Tony Vella" wrote:

[...]

Hi Toke. Thanks very much for Mr. Lopes's address, I shall certainly drop
him a note med hilsener fra dig. My main interest is in the Education,
Railroad, Industry, Aviation, Navigation and Agriculture of the early 20th
century, and like the Danish Waves once I get my hands on a copy it never
leaves me again even if in time I end up with 10 pages of "the same stamp".
I hope Mr. Lopes can point me to places where these particular stamps are
occasionally available in quantities. I am also missing many other
Brazilian stamps in my pre-1960 collection. Well, hope for the best.
Thanks again. Mvh.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada