Seeburg STD160 help

Old November 14th 07, 12:45 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken G.

Default Seeburg STD160 help

I rebuilt the DCC and amp . DCC is putting out the correct voltages .

When i select a song the number lights act normal .The reset light works
normal . The mech wont start . If i flip the manual lever it will play .
Sometimes it will stop & play 2 or 3 records after the manual lever but
i didnt select them .

Old November 14th 07, 04:09 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken G.

Thanks Tony !!!! i saw that select pass switch and flipped it back &
fourth but did not understand what it was .

I will check what you mention .

Old November 15th 07, 12:42 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken G.

Default Seeburg STD160 fixed

It ended up being one of the little female metal sockets in one of the
plastic plug blocks that got pushed back just far enough to not make
contact .

Good grief

Old January 18th 08, 06:30 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
myname911

I am having a similar problem with my sps160 Olympian. When I make a
selection it won't start up until I flip the mech. start switch. After this
it hunts for the selection and works fine. If I were to make ten
selections, after flipping the mech. start switch it will play all ten.
When you mention the "selection pass switch" , where is it? When the
carriage is in the rest position is this switch supposed to be NC ?

When you mention the title panel ... what panel are you referring to? I
removed the strip that works the now playing lights but only see a strip of
contacts. I then lifted the disk assembly covering the TORMAT assembly and
checked out these contacts they all seem to be making appropriate
connections .. the two contacts at the blade switch in the lower rear makes
contact at end of carriage movement and rests in the open position.

Any help appreciated
MJ

PS:
I repaired and rebuilt Seeburg vending equipment for over 30 years (now
retired). Obviously, the equipment that I never touched was Jukeboxs.

"Tony Miller" wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 17:45:46 -0700, (Ken G.) wrote:

I rebuilt the DCC and amp . DCC is putting out the correct voltages .

When i select a song the number lights act normal .The reset light works
normal . The mech wont start . If i flip the manual lever it will play .
Sometimes it will stop & play 2 or 3 records after the manual lever but
i didnt select them .

This machine has a 'selection pass' switch that is supposed to be
automatically placed in the No position when the titlestrip panel is
slid back into the closed postion. Perhaps the switch or its wiring
is open, which will cause the mech not to start.

Scan start occurs by an output of the gray box going to ground, which
fires a transistorized flipflop on the small scan start board in the
DCC. This energizes the ass solenoid in the play control in the DCC.
Since the manual switch works, the solenoid must be good, so check the
scan start board and the selection pass switch.

Cheers,

Tony Miller