Peril of Joint issue collecting.

Old November 18th 08, 01:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Default Peril of Joint issue collecting.

Joint issues usually have two countries issueing a stamp commemorating
something they have in common. Sometimes there are more than one
stamp, i.e. the recent Japan-Thailand sheet of ten. No problem
collecting these, mounting is another story. The Canada-Japan Anne of
Green Gables issue, Canada, two stamps. Japan a sheet of ten but only
two of Annie. I took the two from the Japan sheet and mounted them as
singles with the Canadians. The other eight stamps are trash, self
adhesieve and part of a set that I can't use for postage.
Then there was the Dialogue Among Nations issue, 57 of those babies,
try corraling all of those, especially when they had several different
issue date.
The Europas were also a bit difficult to collect.
I have to keep reminding myself if I see an issue I need on sale, buy
it immediately or it will be gone in a cloud of dust, never to be seen
again.
My supplier just posted his mid November list of new joint issues,
seven of the suckers.plus another embroidery stamp. $32.14, blew the
stamp budget for the month.
Last month I waited a few days and one issue was sold out. cie la vie,
translation; Story Of My Life. G

Ralphael, the OLD one
Old November 24th 08, 04:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Milco

On Nov 18, 3:22*pm, Ralphael1 wrote:
[...]

Here You can ad one "illegal" issue from self proclaimed republic of
Kosovo - recently they issue USA B1 - identical, "Breast Cancer" -
still don't have information if USA Post give permission for it.

Scan of this You can see on my blogpage http://serbiastamp.blogspot.com

best regards to all
Milco

http://balkanstamp.blogspot.com
http://serbiastamp.blogspot.com
http://stampmusthave.blogspot.com
Old November 24th 08, 08:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Nov 24, 11:21*am, Milco wrote:
[...]

http://balkanstamp.blogspot.comhttp:....blogspot.com- Hide quoted text -

The Kosovo Breast Cancer is not an illegal stamp. Loosely, it could be
a joint issue however the date of issue is too great to qualify as a
joint issue.
There may be as many as 35 countries issueing a Breast Cancer
Awsareness stamp.
So far I have Belize, Hungary, Kenya, Kosovo and the United States
with identical stamp.
Gamba and Grenada issued souvenir sheets with and identical stamp.
The stamps are not all the same size.and so far the US stamp is the
only self adhesieve.

Thanks,

Ralphael, the OLD one
Old November 24th 08, 08:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

http://balkanstamp.blogspot.comhttp:...http://...Hide quoted text -

The Kosovo Breast Cancer is not an illegal stamp. Loosely, it could be
a joint issue however the date of issue is too great to qualify as a
joint issue.
There may be as many as 35 countries issueing a Breast Cancer
Awsareness stamp.
So far I have Belize, Hungary, Kenya, Kosovo and the United States
with identical stamp.
Gamba and Grenada issued souvenir sheets with and identical stamp.
The stamps are not all the same size.and so far the US stamp is the
only self adhesieve.

Thanks,

Ralphael, the OLD one- Hide quoted text -

Oops, forgot to add Micronesia to the souvenir sheet list.
A few can bee seen he

http://www.bombaystamps.com/full_pic.asp?img_id=38267
http://www.bombaystamps.com/full_pic.asp?img_id=43197
http://www.bombaystamps.com/full_pic.asp?img_id=43213