Spain question

Old July 12th 08, 01:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

Default Spain question

I was just asked a question off-line and I pass it along to the group as I
have no answer. A collector of Spanish stamps heard that there was a 1
peseta Macarena issue (also on May 31, 1964) perforated 15 or slightly more.
I have a mint and a used in my collection and both are 13x12.5. Has anyone
here ever seen a 15 or 15.25 issue of this stamp?
http://cjoint.com/data/hmoZsOhjEg.htm

Thanks in advance.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Old July 12th 08, 04:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On 12 Jul, 14:55, "Tony Vella" wrote:
I was just asked a question off-line and I pass it along to the group as I
have no answer. *A collector of Spanish stamps heard that there was a 1
peseta Macarena issue (also on May 31, 1964) perforated 15 or slightly more.

No mention of it in SG Part 9.

I have a mint and a used in my collection and both are 13x12.5.

Same here.

Chris

Old July 12th 08, 11:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Jul 12, 8:55 am, "Tony Vella" wrote:
I was just asked a question off-line and I pass it along to the group as I
have no answer. A collector of Spanish stamps heard that there was a 1
peseta Macarena issue (also on May 31, 1964) perforated 15 or slightly more.
I have a mint and a used in my collection and both are 13x12.5. Has anyone
here ever seen a 15 or 15.25 issue of this stamp?http://cjoint.com/data/hmoZsOhjEg.htm

Thanks in advance.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canadahttp://www.amedialuz.ca/

Could we see a scan of the stamp in question?
Old July 12th 08, 11:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Gerhard Reichert

Tony Vella schrieb:
I was just asked a question off-line and I pass it along to the group as
I have no answer. A collector of Spanish stamps heard that there was a
1 peseta Macarena issue (also on May 31, 1964) perforated 15 or slightly
more. I have a mint and a used in my collection and both are 13x12.5.
Has anyone here ever seen a 15 or 15.25 issue of this stamp?
http://cjoint.com/data/hmoZsOhjEg.htm

Thanks in advance.

Hi Tony,

my old Michel Europe also mentions only 13 : 12.5 perforation. Here it
is Michel # 1480.

kind regards

Gerhard
Old July 13th 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

"Gerhard Reichert" wrote in message
Tony Vella schrieb:
I was just asked a question off-line and I pass it along to the group as
I have no answer. A collector of Spanish stamps heard that there was a 1
peseta Macarena issue (also on May 31, 1964) perforated 15 or slightly
more. I have a mint and a used in my collection and both are 13x12.5.
Has anyone here ever seen a 15 or 15.25 issue of this stamp?
http://cjoint.com/data/hmoZsOhjEg.htm

Thanks in advance.

Hi Tony,

my old Michel Europe also mentions only 13 : 12.5 perforation. Here it is
Michel # 1480.

In 1988, for Holy Week in Malaga, another Virgin of Hope stamp was issued
commemorating the Coronation. But even this is not perforated anywhere near
15 or 15.25; it was 14x13.5. I do have one and it is definitely 14x13.5.
Other than these two stamps I cannot find any other Macarena on stamps of
Spain. My contact will be bringing up the question at his club (where he
heard the rumour in the first place) when next they meet; unfortunately they
only meet on the last Sunday of every second month so we'll have to wait a
wee while for an answer. Thanks for trying to help, guys!
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Old July 13th 08, 06:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Hi Tony,
edifil (if I am reading correctly) shows only 1 perforation
12.75x12.25