Grading on eBay

Old December 31st 04, 11:54 PM
Gene

Default Grading on eBay

Well, after 6+ years, I still laugh at the grading and the use of the
word "Rare" on eBay. There is one asshole from Tappahanock,
Virginia who calls Every single note he lists, even ragged CSA issues
that would be worth less than $10 retail, "Rare". Knowingly
telling a baldface LIE to induce bids to make money is no better than
stealing. Hell, IMHO, its worse. Then ~ there are the stupid
(or perhaps they are smart, and I am stupid for not doing it..)
sellers who put grades on their notes that are one to three grades too
high. Buyers, who are even more stupid, see these grades, and they
think "Well, he says its an XF, so it must be an XF", even when its an
"iffy" F+. Finally the super asshole who has the seller name of
bonnieblue-ms who sells nothing but replicas, and uses "type" in the
subject line. Ebay should make sellers who KNOW that they are
selling a replica or copy note it as such IN THE DAMNED SUBJECT LINE.
Then buyers would not have to look further, to see, hidden among tons
of bull****, that the note is a replica or facsimile. Comments???
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Old January 1st 05, 05:16 AM
Harvey

"Gene" wrote in message
news:1104537075.fed3dc166b16f3166d60ba76ea19eb3a@t eranews...
[...]

I went to my first currency show in October of this year. I was astounded
to see so many dealer calling notes that had clearly been run through the
dreaded bank counting machines, and picked up the smudge on the back top
borders, CU. If they are smudged, they are circulated. I do not think the
overgrading is limited to eBay.

Old January 1st 05, 07:40 PM
Jim Wild

My wisdom, :-), tells me that there is no way to put a stop to the BS
that exists in everyday life. This contraption called the web invites
every asshole in the world to see how they can rip us off. There will
never be any way to stop it, ever. You have to control it. As in when
you go to ebay, you have to have some basic intelligence and experience
to filter through all the deception and false truths.You can complain
all you want, but the sad reality is that crooks won't go away.
Historically, crooks aren't the smartest people around. Just avoid their
traps.

Here's what I find funny. You know the spam you get once a week
pertaining to a dead uncle in Africa with $127,000,000,000 in the bank?
Just send me your bank# and SSN and you will have 6 billion dollars in
your bank account on Monday. I forgot where I read it, but there is a
reasonable percentage of idiots who actually do that. Behold, a week
later, their bank account is empty. If a person is actually that stupid,
maybe they deserve it. But you can't say that, because these guys prey
on the elderly and other vulnerable type people.

But it's not just kids in the basement anymore. Now the mafia has got
there dirty fingers in it. And not only the American ones. They are off
the streets and away from breaking knee caps. Now they sit in a dark
room trying to rip everybody off. Pretty unrespectable of you ask me.

But we haven't invented a vacuum cleaner yet that will suck the scum
from the Earth.
Ramblings, by Jim

Old January 2nd 05, 02:19 PM
note.boy

I sold a note in fine condition on ebay, the buyer cleaned and ironed it
and offered it as "good VF or better", when I pointed out that the note
had been "improved" it was then described as "VF but washed", some idiot
then paid £23 for a note worth very little over the face value of £1.

There are more idiot buyers on ebay than there are dishonest sellers,
that's hard to believe isn't it.

Notes with vague grading with no meaning, e.g. "very good collectable
condition", sell for more than notes with accurate grading. I know this
to be the case because I have sold accurately graded notes on ebay only
to see them resold with vague grading for more money.

I'm beginning to think that the honest sellers are the stupid ones.
Billy

Old January 9th 05, 07:33 PM
Coin Saver

Grading Paper-Money is not nearly as precise nor as specific as it is with
coins.

8-|
- Coin Saver

Old January 11th 05, 08:49 PM
FBNeNotes

I guess it all depends on how you look at it :-)
Paper Money is "honestly" harder to grade than coins.
Now we have:-( 2 New Paper Money Grading services coming.. NGC and PCGS
just let them stay in USA paper.

World PaperMoney Auctions
http://stores.bidville.com/FBNeNotes
Thanks,