Simon Wiesenthal's stamp collection

Old September 20th 05, 05:19 PM
Dag T. Hoelseth

Default Simon Wiesenthal's stamp collection

Simon Wiesenthal died this morning (20 September 2005), 96 yeas old

http://www.wiesenthal.com/site/pp.as...N8LzH&b=242921

"Wiesenthal lives in a modest apartment in Vienna and spends his evenings
answering letters, studying books and files, and working on his stamp
collection."

No details on what he was collecting, though.

--
Dag T. Hoelseth

http://www.geocities.com/dagtho/

Old September 21st 05, 03:58 AM
Rodney

G'day Dag,
thanks for that link, I look forward to reading it off line.

The Great Man collected only pre 1900 stamps.
his interests we
1. Early Sicily
2. 18th and 19th century pre stamp covers from the Republic of Venice.
3. Postmarks of Bavaria and Russian Local Mail "ZEMSTVO"

May there always be a Simon Wiesenthal for the bullies
and cowards of the world.

Old September 21st 05, 04:12 AM
Rodney

Simon Wiesenthal, Max Stern and Puschmann.
23rd June 1991 Vienna

http://cjoint.com/data/jvftuhOUQQ.htm

HTH

acknowledgement: Australian Stamp News September 1991

Old September 23rd 05, 07:28 AM
Yermiah

I heard of his passing on NPR. It fills me with deep, mixed, emotions.
He was a man of extraordinary talents and faithe. And loved and
appreciated by millions.
Jerry