I just changed the colors on my home page

Old May 20th 08, 05:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
TheDimeMan[_2_]

Default I just changed the colors on my home page

Please tell me if it looks ok.

www.dewardt.net

The DimeMan

P.S. The top link takes you to me FREE Encyclopedia of Small Silver Coins

Direct link www.dewardt.net/encyclopedia.html

Old May 20th 08, 05:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tony Cooper

On Tue, 20 May 2008 00:25:57 -0400, "TheDimeMan"
wrote:

Please tell me if it looks ok.

www.dewardt.net

Far too wide. It requires the viewer to scroll back and forth to read
a single line.

While you're making that change, change that image of yours. It's
over-sharpened and makes it look like you have a severe skin
condition. Red-eye is easy to correct with any image editing program.

My sincere apologies if you actually do have a severe skin problem and
red eyes.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old May 20th 08, 06:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
TheDimeMan[_2_]

Tony, Hay thanks for the comments. You are right, I compose my web site on
my Toshiba notebook which has a 17" screen. In the past I always composed
my old web site on Geocities to the left as they would put up ads which I
did not wish to block my items.

I'll try and fix my home page based on your comments.

TheDimeMan

Old May 20th 08, 12:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tony Clayton[_2_]

In a recent message "TheDimeMan" wrote:

Please tell me if it looks ok.

www.dewardt.net

The DimeMan

P.S. The top link takes you to me FREE Encyclopedia of Small Silver Coins

Direct link www.dewardt.net/encyclopedia.html

On my browser much comes up in dark blue writing on a black background,
that is difficult to read.

My other comment would be that you seem to have large blocks of
garish colours, which are from 'At Our last Coin Club Meeting...'
onwards - see my screenshot at

http://www.tonycanalpics.co.uk/stuff/scr.html

I tried validating your page using the W3C Markup Validation Service,
and it came up with 31 validation errors....

Sorry, but you did ask!!!

Best wishes

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :
Old May 20th 08, 01:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tony Clayton[_2_]

In a recent message Tony Clayton wrote:

In a recent message "TheDimeMan" wrote:

Please tell me if it looks ok.

www.dewardt.net

The DimeMan

P.S. The top link takes you to me FREE Encyclopedia of Small Silver Coins

Direct link www.dewardt.net/encyclopedia.html

On my browser much comes up in dark blue writing on a black background,
that is difficult to read.

My other comment would be that you seem to have large blocks of
garish colours, which are from 'At Our last Coin Club Meeting...'
onwards - see my screenshot at

http://www.tonycanalpics.co.uk/stuff/scr.html

Sorry - should read

http://www.tonycanalpics.co.uk/stuff/scr.jpg

Silly me.

I tried validating your page using the W3C Markup Validation Service,
and it came up with 31 validation errors....

Sorry, but you did ask!!!

Best wishes

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :
http://www.coins-of-the-uk.co.uk
Sent using RISCOS on an Acorn Strong Arm RiscPC
.... When everything is relative, even relativity loses meaning.
Old May 20th 08, 06:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
TheDimeMan[_2_]

Tony...I can not thank you for enough for helping me. I have a local friend
"Jeff" in the stories, who tries to check what I put up. He is very good as
an editor. He knows the Kings English better than I do. But he never said
anything about my site layout.

Please take another look. I made it smaller. I'll work on the colors next.

Thanks

TheDimeMan

Old May 20th 08, 08:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tony Cooper

On Tue, 20 May 2008 13:58:01 -0400, "TheDimeMan"
wrote:

Tony...I can not thank you for enough for helping me. I have a local friend
"Jeff" in the stories, who tries to check what I put up. He is very good as
an editor. He knows the Kings English better than I do. But he never said
anything about my site layout.

Please take another look. I made it smaller. I'll work on the colors next.

Don't know which "Tony" you mean, but I'll chime in:

Much, much, better. No scrolling is required now. You look healthy.

About the colors...I think they're a bit garish, but that's personal
taste. They are not what I would choose, but they don't bother me.
Number 1 is readability, and you pass that test.

The early family pictures and family pictures are done tastefully.
The family story page is still too wide. No scrolling is really
necessary, but the line width makes readability a bit difficult.
About two-thirds of the width you have now would be more readable.

The Depression page requires scrolling to read a complete line. That
just doesn't encourage readership.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old June 1st 08, 09:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Starman

Don't you think it's time for you to change that old 12" screen you must be
using ;-)

wrote:

Please tell me if it looks ok.

www.dewardt.net

Far too wide. It requires the viewer to scroll back and forth to read
a single line.

While you're making that change, change that image of yours. It's
over-sharpened and makes it look like you have a severe skin
condition. Red-eye is easy to correct with any image editing program.

My sincere apologies if you actually do have a severe skin problem and
red eyes.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

The Tom Swift Unofficial Home Page Newly Updated Hardy-Boys.net Books 12 September 1st 06 08:40 PM
How Things Have Changed Juan Pens & Pencils 76 May 31st 06 02:46 AM
Has eBay Changed??????? Mike Hairfield Coins 12 April 8th 04 07:44 PM
Check out my home page Stan Basketball 0 November 11th 03 02:41 PM
Home page Stan Basketball 0 November 7th 03 02:28 PM