OT Mette

Old April 27th 08, 09:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Default OT Mette

On Apr 27, 4:51*am, "Jan Doggen"
wrote:
Blair

same request from me ;-)

JanDoggen (at) planet (dot) nl

"Ralphael1" schreef in ...
On Apr 24, 11:43 pm, "Blair (TC)" wrote:

Yesterday I got a message from Mette, She is not well and could be
offline for
as long as six months. She sends greetings to members in this group.
But,
I think that she will need all of her energy to fight for recovery.

Blair

Blair, do you have her snail mail address? You can send it off line. I
would like to send a get well card.
Thanx

Ralphael, the OLD one

Update, I found an old addy for Mette. I am not sure it is still a
working address. I am a bit uncertain about using it.

Ralph
Old April 29th 08, 05:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Apr 27, 4:34 pm, Ralphael1 wrote:
On Apr 27, 4:51 am, "Jan Doggen"

wrote:
Blair

same request from me ;-)

JanDoggen (at) planet (dot) nl

"Ralphael1" schreef in ...
On Apr 24, 11:43 pm, "Blair (TC)" wrote:

Yesterday I got a message from Mette, She is not well and could be
offline for
as long as six months. She sends greetings to members in this group.
But,
I think that she will need all of her energy to fight for recovery.

Blair

Blair, do you have her snail mail address? You can send it off line. I
would like to send a get well card.
Thanx

Ralphael, the OLD one

Update, I found an old addy for Mette. I am not sure it is still a
working address. I am a bit uncertain about using it.

Ralph

Ralph:

I sent the address to your (old?) AOL email address (via email)
and got a message back that you would not be reading emails
until 2099.

Did you get my email?

Please send me your current email address if the AOL one is
obsolete.

Blair
Old April 29th 08, 06:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Mette

wrote:
[...]

Hi all,

Thanks for your concern about my health - I am touched - really :-)
Life has granted me a flaming lung cancer, which at the moment is
incinerating me from the inside, and treated with chemotherapy - subreinal
hormones - that transform me into a true "fatso" - being a non-smoker for
years did not not help *me* (!) - but the fatso-look will disappear when
treatment is at halt. The medication has eaten my hair, and I am totally
bald-headed - a true sight for sore eyes ...;-)) So many people have
contacted me privately, even with a new first prize of some kind for my
Slania-site. But at the moment philately and stamps are at halt too, and as
Blair has stated, it will need all my energy to come back to normal,
hopefully before Christmas.

To Ralph, and others who have asked directly. My snail mail address is
unchanged, and has been for at least 20 years, so it is safe to use. The one
Blair has sent you, is valid.

Best regards to everyone,
Mette

Old April 29th 08, 08:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
David French[_2_]

[...]

God Bless, Mette - I know what you are going through.

I had Cancer in my 'Teens' and had Radiotherapy and
Chemotherapy treatments for over 4 years, backed up
with Steroid Tablets etc. which turned me into a young
body-builder over about a year, and I felt amazing!

I am now 51, and have been on 'borrowed time' for
35 years, as I was told I had 6 months to live when I
was just 16!

Just shows that Doctors don't know everything....

All the best,

David. xxxx

Old April 29th 08, 09:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

wrote:
[...]

Blair- Hide quoted text -

Blair, AOL is what I use and the old address remains the same. The
message is a smart-aleck thing I put on th deter spam. (Didn't work)
Your message came through perfectly.
Since converting to free AOL I can't get the message off. With free
AOL I do not get any help or services, only email.
The address you sent for Mette is the same one I have in my old
storage bin.

Thanks for the up date and all.

Ralph
Old April 29th 08, 09:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Apr 29, 3:16*pm, "David French"
wrote:
[...]

David. *xxxx- Hide quoted text -

Congratulations David, you are a real trooper.
Great message of encouragement. As the old saying goes: "Hang in
there."

Ralph
Old April 29th 08, 10:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
David French[_2_]

[...]

Thanks Ralph...

I have always believed 50%+ of the 'cure' relies on
your own mental attitude to the illness. Some people
just give up, and no amount of treatment can succeed
unless you believe in it!

No Surrender!!

David.