YIPPEEEEEEE!!!

Old March 22nd 08, 07:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

Default YIPPEEEEEEE!!!

"randiR" wrote in message
. ..
"Harvey Bastacky" wrote in
:

I just got back from grocery shopping at Winn Dixie
and walked pass the Coinstar machine and saw a coin in the coin return
and picked it up....it was a 1964 XF silver quarter....

Life is Good........

while its a nice find, i ways wondered if taking it is not some form of
theft. this is not a pointed criticism. just my own leeriness of who the
true owner of these items belong to.

I once found six £1 coins in the tray of a phone box, I did not report it to
the police or Interpol. Billy

Old March 23rd 08, 01:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jon Purkey

On 22 Mar 2008 18:12:59 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 16:40:09 GMT, randiR wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote in
:

You've got to be kidding me. The silver quarter dropped out into the
reject tray on the coinstar, someone didn't scoop it out, and you're
saying it's theft to take it rather than try to find the "owner"?
You're wrong on so many levels here, from both an ethical and a
practical approach. How much effort do you suggest one should exert
to find out who lost $3.00 worth of silver due to their own ignorance?

i guess my "true owner" in this case, being the people who put the coinstar
machine at that location.

He obviously doesn't want silver coins, or his machine wouldn't put them
in the reject tray.

You would think the machine would just accept the quarter and give the
person who put it in their 25 cent credit. That's what I'd do if I
were in charge of those machines. I might even be generous and give
people a percentage of the melt value for any silver coins dumped in.

Old March 23rd 08, 07:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Paul Ciszek

In article ,
Dave Hinz wrote:
On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 16:40:09 GMT, randiR wrote:

i guess my "true owner" in this case, being the people who put the coinstar
machine at that location.

He obviously doesn't want silver coins, or his machine wouldn't put them
in the reject tray.

If the machine is using electromagnetic signature to recognize coins,
and since Coinstar machines take pennies as well, I wonder if it would
be worthwhile to build a version of the machine that shunts silver coins
and copper pennies off to a separate collection bin (after giving credit
at face value, of course).

--
Please reply to: | President Bush is promoting Peace and Democracy
pciszek at panix dot com | in the Middle East by selling Weapons to the
Old March 25th 08, 04:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Farley

When I was waiting for my sister to come down from her room in a Las
Vegas hotel I sat at a slot machine and found 7 dollars in the coin bin.
This was 10 years ago and I am still looking for the "true" owner. I
asked O J Simson to let me know if he found the owner while he was
looking for the real killer.
Bruce

note.boy wrote:
I was expecting to find that you had won the lottery. :-) Billy

. ..

Old March 25th 08, 06:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On Mar 25, 12:48*pm, Bruce Farley wrote:
When I was waiting for my sister to come down from her room in a Las
Vegas hotel I sat at a slot machine and found 7 dollars in the coin bin.
This was 10 years ago and I am still looking for the "true" owner. I
asked O J Simson to let me know if he found the owner while he was
looking for the real killer.

OJ is busy scouring every golf course in Florida in his desperate
search for the real killer, so I doubt he has much time to find the
owner of the $7.
randiR seems an officious type, why not ask him to look?
Old March 25th 08, 07:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Rusty

On Mar 21, 5:44 pm, "Harvey Bastacky" wrote:
I just got back from grocery shopping at Winn Dixie
and walked pass the Coinstar machine and saw a coin in the coin return and
picked it up....it was a 1964 XF silver quarter....

Life is Good........

Coinstar's slogan, "Your Daddies coin collection is accepted here." ;-)
Old March 26th 08, 03:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jon Purkey

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 16:48:23 GMT, Bruce Farley
wrote:

When I was waiting for my sister to come down from her room in a Las
Vegas hotel I sat at a slot machine and found 7 dollars in the coin bin.
This was 10 years ago and I am still looking for the "true" owner. I
asked O J Simson to let me know if he found the owner while he was
looking for the real killer.

I bet if you had spoken up and asked if anyone had left seven dollars
in the machine you would have found the owner. Probably several
owners.
Old March 27th 08, 02:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
The Young One

wrote:
When I was waiting for my sister to come down from her room in a Las
Vegas hotel I sat at a slot machine and found 7 dollars in the coin bin.
This was 10 years ago and I am still looking for the "true" owner. I
asked O J Simson to let me know if he found the owner while he was
looking for the real killer.

I bet if you had spoken up and asked if anyone had left seven dollars
in the machine you would have found the owner. Probably several
owners.

my best find in a coinstar machine was a 1902 indian head penny in a
F12.
Old March 27th 08, 03:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

wrote:
When I was waiting for my sister to come down from her room in a Las
Vegas hotel I sat at a slot machine and found 7 dollars in the coin bin..
This was 10 years ago and I am still looking for the "true" owner. I
asked O J Simson to let me know if he found the owner while he was
looking for the real killer.

I bet if you had spoken up and asked if anyone had left seven dollars
in the machine you would have found the owner. Probably several
owners.

my best find in a coinstar machine was a 1902 indian head penny in a
F12.

I never find anything in Coinstar machines ecept candian pennies.