ebay help, added proof

Old August 2nd 03, 08:47 PM
REG.

Default ebay help, added proof

hi i think we understood the first one .what i dont understand is why you would
blackball a guy with one negative feedback when you probaly dont know the true
circumstances . because im sure there is not too many people willing to hand
out a weeks pay for two autos on a piece of card board . just a thought .
Old August 2nd 03, 09:32 PM
hof autographs

I E-MAILED THE GUY BEFORE I CANCELLED THE BID!

IT BOUNCED BACK WITHIN MINUTES AS UNDELIVERABLE, E-MAIL NO LONGER IN USE!

AND YOU EXPECT ME TO STILL SIT THERE ANMD LET THE GUY WIN THE CARD WHEN ITS
AN OBVIOUS THING LIKE THAT

ESPECIALLY WHEN THE NEGATIVE IS FOR ANOTHER HIGH DOLLAR CARD, WHICH SAYS NON
PAYER, NO REPLIES TO E-MAILS!

STRIKE 2 I AM NOT LEAVING THE BID THERE! HOW MUCH EXPERIENCE AS A SELLER DO
YOU PEOPLE HAVE!

Old August 2nd 03, 10:23 PM
JSokol1626

Why did you ask for opinions in the first place? What did you want everyone to
say? That the second bidder is a bad guy? Afterall he paid your fees, thats
more than most people would do.

The facts are clear. You cancelled your auction and now you're bothered that
the second bidder is bidding elsewhere and not buying from you. Am I missing
something here?
Old August 2nd 03, 11:06 PM
hof autographs

i did not cancel the auction

the auction ran its course, i cancelled a bid, a negative user!

the second bidder you are referring too in fact was the winning bidder

if you had looked you would have seen that i even gave the item number, bu
like said i am done with it!

Old August 2nd 03, 11:18 PM
Rob Matic

Then why bid in the first place?

"Flyersjrcujo" wrote in message
I went and looked up your seller on ebay. Did you notice that the other

sellers
that he purchased the two other Gretzky/Spezza's are American? Your

location
lists you from Burnaby, BC. With no dogs in this fight, I think that is

the
reason. From my American perspective, I think that it is a lot safer

buying
cards from within the US versus outside of it...probably the same can be

said
about being within Canada. I think you have to weigh the risk with the

reward,
recently I have bought a few cards from North of the border. (See

2743439781)
Personally speaking, I have had nothing but horrible experiences with

Canada
Post, more specifically their customer service. Three times this year

alone I
have received empty envelopes from Quebec. So what is my point: With some
people, location has a lot to do with whether or not to purchase.

Old August 2nd 03, 11:21 PM
Flyersjrcujo

Then why bid in the first place?

That is a good question. Maybe there was only one of the cards listed at the
time he bid and then the other two became available after the guy with the -1
feedback outbid him.
Old August 3rd 03, 01:59 AM
Flyersjrcujo

And you think the US postal service is any better for us, come on when you
bid you know where the seller is from or can easily find out.

Why don't you go reread my post, this time...read the WHOLE thing. It CLEARLY
states that I feel it is the same on both sides of the border.
Here...let me show you:
From my American perspective, I think that it is a lot safer

Old August 3rd 03, 06:15 AM
Steve Angel

He asked for opinions because he had this foolish hope that people might
be helpful for once. Fat chance it seems.

I agree 100% with cancelling bids from users with zero or negative
feedback. You don't need the bid that badly. And for those folks who
feel that once they've been outbid, the auction's no longer their
problem: WRONGO. Don't bid unless you plan to honor that bid - rule
#1. Doesn't matter if you bid $1 on 50 items and win them all - you're
legally and morally responsible for them.

Honestly, Christian's in the right here. I don't think reporting him to
eBay will accomplish much - it's a "no harm, no foul" situation, as C's
not out any money really.

--

"This next song doesn't go something like this; it goes EXACTLY like this."
- Steven Wright

Old August 3rd 03, 08:38 AM
JSokol1626

Steve
You're clueless on this one. There's no way the second highest bidder is held
responible when a dude cancels a bid.

I've checked through my attorney and a good friend in the auction business.
They both say the same thing, once you allow a bid its binding. If you cancel
it without stating the disqualifiers up front then the contract is null and
void for all bidders.

This guy's auction needed to state those terms up front. Feedback sucks, bids
rejected. Period.