Jefferson Nickels ...Where to buy?

Old June 9th 05, 09:12 PM
xaviery4

Default Jefferson Nickels ...Where to buy?

Hello All,

I am trying to upgrade my set, but it seems a lot of dealers do not really
handle or sell Jefferson Nickels in mint state...they are only concerned with
the proofs and that is barely.

Like I said, I am looking for the rare dates in Full Step and the die varieties
in Full Step. Also looking for Full Step rolls! Most of the are cheap in lower
grades but I am looking for higher graded examples and generally know about how
much to pay.

Thanks for your time with this endeavor.

Best Regards,
Xavier

Old June 9th 05, 11:26 PM
reality

xaviery4 wrote:
Hello All,

I am trying to upgrade my set, but it seems a lot of dealers do not really
handle or sell Jefferson Nickels in mint state...they are only concerned with
the proofs and that is barely.

Like I said, I am looking for the rare dates in Full Step and the die varieties
in Full Step. Also looking for Full Step rolls! Most of the are cheap in lower
grades but I am looking for higher graded examples and generally know about how
much to pay.

Thanks for your time with this endeavor.

Best Regards,
Xavier

I heard that this guy Jim Wild says that Littleton has rolls and rolls
of them at bargain prices.

Old June 9th 05, 11:58 PM
xaviery4

"reality" wrote in message
oups.com...

xaviery4 wrote:
Hello All,

I am trying to upgrade my set, but it seems a lot of dealers do not really
handle or sell Jefferson Nickels in mint state...they are only concerned with
the proofs and that is barely.

Like I said, I am looking for the rare dates in Full Step and the die
varieties
in Full Step. Also looking for Full Step rolls! Most of the are cheap in
lower
grades but I am looking for higher graded examples and generally know about
how
much to pay.

Thanks for your time with this endeavor.

Best Regards,
Xavier

I heard that this guy Jim Wild says that Littleton has rolls and rolls
of them at bargain prices.

Nope...don't want anything from Littleton!

:-)

Xavier

Old June 10th 05, 01:32 AM
bri

"xaviery4" wrote in message
Hello All,

I am trying to upgrade my set, but it seems a lot of dealers do not really
handle or sell Jefferson Nickels in mint state...they are only concerned

with
the proofs and that is barely.

Like I said, I am looking for the rare dates in Full Step and the die

varieties
in Full Step. Also looking for Full Step rolls! Most of the are cheap in

lower
grades but I am looking for higher graded examples and generally know

about how
much to pay.

Thanks for your time with this endeavor.

Best Regards,
Xavier

Heh--'38 PCGS MS66 Jeff gets around 650-700. You want a whole roll of those?
These sites have a large inventory of all kinds of nickels--

http://www.jakesmp.net/index.html
http://coin-shop.com/
http://www.davidlawrence.com/
http://www.cheapslabs.com/index.php
http://www.northeastcoin.com/inventory.jsp
http://www.heritagecoins.com/

I seriously doubt you could get any rolls of scarce high-grade FS Jeffs.
They'd charge you for some that may end up not FS.
You could always send an e-mail to a dealer and tell them what you are
looking for.
Or start buying mint sets--some guy had to look thru about 1000 sets to find
a single early 70's late 60's Jefferson--can't remember the year--but anyhow
you get the idea. For certain years there's only been dozens found with full
steps and they are very expensive and no doubt encapsulated.
So for example if you wanted a roll of '70D's that were both above MS66 and
with full steps you would probably have to find more than what is known to
exsist to make a whole roll up.
HTH--happy hunting ;-)

Old June 10th 05, 04:19 AM
frank wight

Try Anthony's BH (baseball heaven) he sells really
great coins ( and at full price). You can find his
advertisements in CoinAge Magazine and on the
web if you're a little persistent.

Old June 10th 05, 03:02 PM
xaviery4

"bri" wrote in message
ink.net...

"xaviery4" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you. I know what you mean about searching and putting together rolls. I
did that for several rare date rolls of the early to mid 1950's. It was money
well spent & of course I have all of these "duds" or no-steppers that I would
like to sell, but cannot seem to find the time for selling (too busy trying to
find quality original rolls).

Don't get me wrong, I am not wealthy by any means. When I was much younger I
use to collect rolls of Morgan's and singles too. When I find a few rolls worth
buying I sell a dollar or two for compensation. The last coin show I went to
offered a lot of opportunities for my collection, but I made a good choice of
going without a single intention of buying at that time.

I like to see dealers who are honest and have a good understanding of business
ethics without trying to be a pushy salesperson. Then I view their offerings,
get the business card (if they don't have one, that is no problem...I have a
very good photographic memory, so a name works as well). So far, I've contacted
several by phone and have ordered from them with great success and plan on
making some purchases at the next local show.

Thanks again,
Xavier

Old June 10th 05, 03:41 PM
Jim Wild