FOTL Sale Yesterday

Old May 5th 10, 07:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Scurvy Dog[_3_]

Default FOTL Sale Yesterday

Went to a local FOTL yesterday.
Lots of books but very little collectible items.
I did, however, get a box full of hardcover summer reading fiction plus some
very nice art books with nice color plates for a mere $5.

Old May 6th 10, 02:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
J[_2_]

It depends on your definition of collectible, of course, but a library
sale is usually not the place to find such things. Francis has done
very well for himself, though, at some of them...
Old May 6th 10, 12:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Scurvy Dog[_3_]

"J" wrote in message
It depends on your definition of collectible, of course, but a library
sale is usually not the place to find such things. Francis has done
very well for himself, though, at some of them...

Sometimes I strike gold at these sales, rarely but sometimes.
Anyway, I passed a pleasant hour or so poking thru the stock.

Old May 9th 10, 11:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Francis A. Miniter[_2_]

J wrote:
It depends on your definition of collectible, of course, but a library
sale is usually not the place to find such things. Francis has done
very well for himself, though, at some of them...

Connecticut is fertile ground for used books. I am lucky to
have a good location.

--
Francis A. Miniter

In dem Lande der Pygmäen
gibt es keine Uniformen,
weder Abzeichen, noch irgend welche Normen,
Und Soldaten sind dort nicht zu sehen.

Siegfried von Vegesack, "Es gibt keine Uniformen"
from In dem Lande der Pygmäen
Old May 11th 10, 03:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Jean B.

Francis A. Miniter wrote:
J wrote:
It depends on your definition of collectible, of course, but a library
sale is usually not the place to find such things. Francis has done
very well for himself, though, at some of them...

Connecticut is fertile ground for used books. I am lucky to have a good
location.

Yes, you are very lucky. I see the booksalefinder ads for huge
sales in Connecticut. I need to become a less-wimpy driver.

Still, here in Massachusetts we have some good sales coming up.
"Good", for one thing, means not picked over. Too much of that,
including at places that never engaged in such practices.
--
Jean B.

Got my v-200 yesterday.. Cheapfilm Juke Boxes 14 June 17th 10 09:30 PM
James Joyce FOTL Bob F.[_7_] Books 6 June 9th 09 10:40 PM
one yesterday Dave Routh Autographs 1 November 29th 05 04:56 PM
1 yesterday Mark S. Autographs 7 April 11th 04 10:18 PM
"Happy Find" at a FOTL sale ann greenfield Books 3 September 15th 03 02:19 PM