Any experience with Stipula - especially the Ventidue withtitanium nib?

Old February 24th 04, 12:48 AM
Bruce Ammerman

Default Any experience with Stipula - especially the Ventidue withtitanium nib?

I'm very attracted to the Stipula Ventidue fountain pen with the titanium
nib advertised in Levenger's catalog. I've heard of Stipula but have no
personal experience with their pens. I'm also very intrigued with what I've
heard about titantium nibs -- that they're amazingly flexible. I'd welcome
any comments from people with personal experience to share about Stipula as
a brand, about this particular model pen, or about titanium nibs. Thanks.
Bruce

Old February 24th 04, 02:03 AM
Angela Moak

Bruce Ammerman wrote:

I'm very attracted to the Stipula Ventidue fountain pen with the titanium
nib advertised in Levenger's catalog. I've heard of Stipula but have no
personal experience with their pens. I'm also very intrigued with what I've
heard about titantium nibs -- that they're amazingly flexible. I'd welcome
any comments from people with personal experience to share about Stipula as
a brand, about this particular model pen, or about titanium nibs. Thanks.
Bruce

I have an I Castoni that I enjoy writing with. No experience with the
titanium nib or your particular model of interest.

--
Regards,

Angela

Remove "not" from address to reply.

Old February 24th 04, 02:11 AM
mz

Bruce Ammerman wrote:
I'm very attracted to the Stipula Ventidue fountain pen with the titanium
nib advertised in Levenger's catalog. I've heard of Stipula but have no
personal experience with their pens. I'm also very intrigued with what I've
heard about titantium nibs -- that they're amazingly flexible. I'd welcome
any comments from people with personal experience to share about Stipula as
a brand, about this particular model pen, or about titanium nibs. Thanks.
Bruce

See the link, below, for a discussion of this pen from 2002.
Seems a number of people have found the pen difficult to start
writing, a problem due to the physical characteristics of titanium.

http://tinyurl.com/25wyk

You might also want to check the Zoss archives.

Hope this helps,
Mark Z.

Old February 24th 04, 02:39 AM
zippy

Hi,

I have a Ventidue, and I love it. It's one of my favorite pens. It's beautiful, always reliable and writes wonderfully. And it holds gallons of ink (well, a lot, anyway).

However, I've got to warn you that my experience is apparently the exception that proves the rule. Many, many people report all kinds of ink flow problems with theirs and other quality control problems. And I've got an I Castoni of my own that dries out if left uncapped for more than three seconds.

The lesson, obviously, is that Stipulas are wildly uneven. If you get a good one, they're great. But the good ones can be hard to find. Happy hunting.

Old February 24th 04, 04:15 AM
Kenneth D. Schillinger

I must be an exception also. I liked my Ventidue so much that when they
appeared to be disappearing I bought two more!
I obviously think they are grrreat.
Ken.