Any other rcc-ers with the same problem?...

Old July 2nd 08, 04:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_7_]

Default Any other rcc-ers with the same problem?...

Ο "note.boy" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
news

"gogu" wrote in message

Anyway, as I said I *think* I have an answer for what's going on but I am
not sure if it's valid...
Sooo, do you think that eBay has a mechanism to monitor from which
country you are logging in to your account?...
And when they "see" that you are logging in from a country which:
1) is not the country you usually access your account
2) is in the list of the "dangerous" (hacker-infested) countries (Russia,
Bulgaria, Romanian, etc)
then they are automatically going through this procedure...

Because if this is the case then it might be because I live and work the
last 8 months in one of these countries so I am accessing my account from
there...
Is it possible?...
Just a thought...

I live in Scotland but I accessed my ebay account from Canada two years
ago and ebay made me change my password, it must be some kind of automatic
security check, I was please to see it in action. Billy

Aha!
So my wild guess was not so wild after all!
Thanks Billy!

Old July 2nd 08, 05:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

In article , "gogu" wrote:
Ο έγραψε στο μήνυμα
m...
In article , "gogu"
wrote:
Ο "Robert" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
om...
gogu wrote:
This is a mail I've sent to eBay today, please read and you'll
understand;-)
--------------
Gentlemen!
Enough is enough!
I don't know why but about every month I receive the same stupid e-mail
from you, "...your eBay account may have recently become
compromised..."
bla bla bla and I can't access my account until I am not following the
same stupid routine of resetting my password!
I am a grown child, I use 10 firewalls and 30 anti-virus programs, I am
not giving my passwords to others, etc, so PLEASE stop harassing me
with
this stupid procedure!
My account is very well thank you, I can't understand why I have to go
through the same, stupid process every 30 days or so!
Enough is enough!
------------
Any other rcc-ers with the same problem?

Thanks!

Looks like you got yourself hooked to a phishing scheme. Ebay does not
send out that sort of message.

???
What's with you boys?!
I am more than 8 years with eBay and I know how to spot a phising e-mail!
NO, NO, NO!
The message was genuine, it was also in my inbox in my eBay account!
ebay also answered my question and admited it was a gebuine message!
What te f***k, I am not new on eBay!

relax, buddy. don't let the chuckleheads raise your blood pressure.
nice to see you back...

:-)))
Thanks buddy but these guys at eBay are unbelievable!
They are answering my questions by sending me back their safety rules:-)
And here in rcc one poster made of me a...troll;-)

Anyway, as I said I *think* I have an answer for what's going on but I am
not sure if it's valid...
Sooo, do you think that eBay has a mechanism to monitor from which country
you are logging in to your account?...
And when they "see" that you are logging in from a country which:
1) is not the country you usually access your account
2) is in the list of the "dangerous" (hacker-infested) countries (Russia,
Bulgaria, Romanian, etc)
then they are automatically going through this procedure...

Because if this is the case then it might be because I live and work the
last 8 months in one of these countries so I am accessing my account from
there...
Is it possible?...
Just a thought...

yes, i think that's the reason. their security is "protecting" you.
it seems that all of usenet is having pms. there are grumpy people in almost
every group this week. perhaps a midol and heat pad will help these groups.
i hear a lot of scammers are from ukraine now. it's the africa of europeon
scammers now.
you probably get an answerbot from ebay. or very lazy tech support.
Old July 2nd 08, 05:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

In article , "gogu" wrote:
Ο "Bruce Remick" έγραψε στο μήνυμα

"gogu" wrote in message

;-)
Thanks Bruce but I want to stay with eBay, what I don't need is to have
to go through password change procedure every month!
Am I asking for something difficult?!

Apparently, if eBay hasn't offered you an explanation
and solution to what's happening.

That's exactly my problem, they didn't!

I'm sure it's frustrating, but just put it in perspective and either live
with it or keep trying to resolve it.

Well, I lived with it the previous 3-4 months but how long should I wait to
solve their problem?!

I'm enjoying my own frustration trying to contact an actual person to
explain to me why we haven't received our stimulus tax rebate checks one
month after they should have been mailed.

:-)
LOL I know the feeling, I sent my tax declaration end January and still
waiting for the tax rebate;-)

rgrds

we wait also.
Old July 2nd 08, 07:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_7_]

Ο έγραψε στο μήνυμα
news
In article , "gogu"
wrote:

Anyway, as I said I *think* I have an answer for what's going on but I am
not sure if it's valid...
Sooo, do you think that eBay has a mechanism to monitor from which country
you are logging in to your account?...
And when they "see" that you are logging in from a country which:
1) is not the country you usually access your account
2) is in the list of the "dangerous" (hacker-infested) countries (Russia,
Bulgaria, Romanian, etc)
then they are automatically going through this procedure...

Because if this is the case then it might be because I live and work the
last 8 months in one of these countries so I am accessing my account from
there...
Is it possible?...
Just a thought...

yes, i think that's the reason. their security is "protecting" you.

Nice but...too much protection;-)

it seems that all of usenet is having pms. there are grumpy people in
almost
every group this week. perhaps a midol and heat pad will help these
groups.
i hear a lot of scammers are from ukraine now. it's the africa of europeon
scammers now.

Indeed...
Countries of the former Soviet Union are a paradise for the
scammers/hackers.

you probably get an answerbot from ebay. or very lazy tech support.

An answerbot, that's exactly what I get!
And that's where I am mad on eBay, I understand that they may have this kind
of "protection" but when a good client has a problem I expect to receive an
answer!
Oh well, maybe I must learn and live with this monthly nuisance (I am
spending 3 weeks abroad and one week home, s**t happens when or immediately
after I return home!).

rgrds

Old July 2nd 08, 07:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
clarkent

gogu wrote:
[...]

You might try contacting customer service (if such a thing actually
exists) and find out if someone is trying to hack your account. They
have a live chat feature available in the help section. If you could get
a hold of someone on live chat, they could check your account and tell
you if someone has been trying to get into your account. HTH.

--

Best Regards, O.E.Pepper

"Behind every successful man is a very surprised mother-in-law"

http://www.peppercoins.50megs.com/index.html
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZoepepperQQhtZ-1
Old July 2nd 08, 08:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
clarkent

gogu wrote:
Ο έγραψε στο μήνυμα
In article , "gogu"
wrote:
Ο "Robert" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
. ..
gogu wrote:
[...]

Ebay recently announced a new security feature, whereby if you use a
different computer or isp to log into your account, they would ask for a
secondary verification question. I received that in an email from them,
but they never have asked me for that question or response, so I don't
know if they have started that policy yet or not.

Old July 2nd 08, 09:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Teranews

"gogu" wrote in message
Ο "MJKolodziej" έγραψε στο μήνυμα

"gogu" wrote in message
[...]

Something is seriously wrong here. You must have someone repeatedly hacking
your account out of spite.

I've been using eBay for at least 8 years and have never had to change my
account passwords.

Old July 2nd 08, 09:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

In article , "gogu" wrote:
Ο έγραψε στο μήνυμα
news
In article , "gogu"
wrote:

[...]

try to stay ahead of them and change your password as soon as you change
countries. make them worry. they charge enough.
Old July 2nd 08, 10:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_7_]

Ο έγραψε στο μήνυμα
m...
In article , "gogu"
wrote:
you probably get an answerbot from ebay. or very lazy tech support.

An answerbot, that's exactly what I get!
And that's where I am mad on eBay, I understand that they may have this
kind
of "protection" but when a good client has a problem I expect to receive
an
answer!
Oh well, maybe I must learn and live with this monthly nuisance (I am
spending 3 weeks abroad and one week home, s**t happens when or
immediately
after I return home!).

try to stay ahead of them and change your password as soon as you change
countries. make them worry. they charge enough.

LOL
That's a good advise, thanks;-)

Old July 2nd 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Voltronicus

On Jul 2, 4:05*am, "gogu" wrote:

What a smart a**!
If you have nothing useful to contribute, please stay away!
We have enough idiots and trolls in rcc, we don't need one more!

So tell us gogu, are aliens controlling your thoughts too?
Or does your tin foil hat prevent that?

PLEASE HELP!! MM3 Problem sambora Juke Boxes 1 May 3rd 08 12:17 AM
Help with a problem qfwfq Coins 2 January 9th 08 11:58 AM
AMI I 200 Problem [email protected] Juke Boxes 3 June 19th 07 05:59 AM
Problem with r.c.c.? [email protected] Coins 6 March 24th 05 03:36 AM
Problem s Vinkjm Paper Money 1 November 13th 03 01:33 PM