Opinions on Rock-ola Bubbler

Old March 16th 07, 10:07 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Robert Aker

Default Opinions on Rock-ola Bubbler

Actually both are second and third to the Rowe bubblers. Rowe units are
easier to service and more dependable. Buy the best - buy a Rowe.

"Keith Stelter" wrote in message
. ..
I gotta vote for the Wurlitzer over the Rock-Ola.
Both of them sound great.
The Rock Ola has a few metal trim parts that are plastic on the Wurlitzer,
but in a home setting it's NEVER going to matter.
Bottom line to me is that the Wurlitzer LOOKS better because of the

original
style buttons and hidden CD title pages.
The Rock Ola has CD title pages and buttons that stick out in front and

look
out of place on a 40's era juke. Plus the Rock Ola has more animation that
is a little overboard to me.
I shopped hard and went with the Wurlitzer about 5 years ago and I'm VERY
happy with it.
"kreed" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Mar 15, 11:08 am, "Vic" wrote:
I've had one for about 4 years and hasn't given me a bit of trouble. My

2
other Rowe/AMI CD100s sound much better to me though.

Vic

They do sound much better

Old March 16th 07, 11:05 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John P. Dayhuff

I got a Seeburg bubbler, and have had nothing but problems with it since the
day I bought it. Actually I wish I never had bought it if I'd known I was
gonna have so much trouble with it.

(

--
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.

Still looking for:
E.M. Charlie Angels pinball machine,$100 finders fee.....

"Robert Aker" wrote in message
[...]

"kreed" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old March 18th 07, 07:17 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 2007-03-15 16:08:02 -0700, Ken In Texas said:

Different strokes

I like the extra animation on the rockola...I also like the fact that
you have a title strip for each CD...

You are correct that the Wurlitzer looks closer to the original sesign
though...

FWIW I own one of each...

Don't forget to lube your machines! I have created a section on
flippers to cover this for the OMT (and other Wurlitzers):
http://www.flippers.com/wurlitzr.html (lubrication).

We also stock parts (or can drop ship) and can service the computer at
our shop...

John :-#)#

Keith Stelter wrote:

I gotta vote for the Wurlitzer over the Rock-Ola.
Both of them sound great.
The Rock Ola has a few metal trim parts that are plastic on the
Wurlitzer, but in a home setting it's NEVER going to matter.
Bottom line to me is that the Wurlitzer LOOKS better because of the
original style buttons and hidden CD title pages.
The Rock Ola has CD title pages and buttons that stick out in front and
look out of place on a 40's era juke. Plus the Rock Ola has more
animation that is a little overboard to me.
I shopped hard and went with the Wurlitzer about 5 years ago and I'm
VERY happy with it.
"kreed" wrote in message
ups.com...

On Mar 15, 11:08 am, "Vic" wrote:

I've had one for about 4 years and hasn't given me a bit of trouble. My 2
other Rowe/AMI CD100s sound much better to me though.

Vic

They do sound much better

--
(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup) John's
Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call

Old April 6th 07, 03:50 PM
burnedfingers burnedfingers is offline
Member

Location: Midwest
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Robertson View Post

Different strokes

Keith Stelter wrote:

I gotta vote for the Wurlitzer over the Rock-Ola.
Both of them sound great.
The Rock Ola has a few metal trim parts that are plastic on the
Wurlitzer, but in a home setting it's NEVER going to matter.
Bottom line to me is that the Wurlitzer LOOKS better because of the
original style buttons and hidden CD title pages.
The Rock Ola has CD title pages and buttons that stick out in front and
look out of place on a 40's era juke. Plus the Rock Ola has more
animation that is a little overboard to me.
I shopped hard and went with the Wurlitzer about 5 years ago and I'm
VERY happy with it.
"kreed" wrote in message
ups.com...

On Mar 15, 11:08 am, "Vic" wrote:

I've had one for about 4 years and hasn't given me a bit of trouble. My 2
other Rowe/AMI CD100s sound much better to me though.

Vic

They do sound much better

--
(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup) John's
Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call
www.flippers.com "Old pinballers never die, they
just flip out."
I purchased a used Rock-ola Bubbler a few months ago and it was non-working. I was lucky enough to come up with the manuals and a parts source.
The unit was in sad shape with broken bubble tubes and plastic panels not to mention it wouldn't function at all. After replacing the bubble tubes and plastic I disassembled the gripper assy and cleaned and lubed it. I then reprogramed the computer and cleaned the laser sled and it has been functioning flawlessly since. It had over 250,000 plays on it when I bought it and I have put on an additional 1000 or so plays. The Rockola machines are very easy to work on and I cannot say this about others.