Grill cloth installation help, Seeburg R

Old December 3rd 08, 08:41 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
t4613

Default Grill cloth installation help, Seeburg R

Installing speaker grill cloth on my R this weekend. Any suggestions
or procedures?
I assume I would just use a 3M spray trim adhesive? Or what other
product? Staples? Tuck edges?
The lower trim looks like it just pulls up to remove?
Can I lay the Box down on its back?
The box just has the lightning bolts and no glass or glass frames; I
will be installing them later.
Any suggestions would be great. Thanks, Ron
Old December 3rd 08, 10:29 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Dave Beck

Ron - Lay it down on its back. Make sure the mech is secure first if
it's still in the machine. First thing is get everything off the
speaker panel. Speakers too. Next - sand it down. I use wall paper
paste.Cheap. Doesn't set up immediately. Cleans up with water, even if
some oozes through the cloth. Apply a THIN coat. Put the cloth on.
You'll have all the time you want to wiggle it around, just try not to
force any paste thru it if possible. Staple the sides for a nice tight
fit. Let it dry over night. Take an exacto knife ( razor blade ) and
cut an X where every screw, bolt, goes through the cloth. This way
when you put the lightning bolts back on the bolts won't grab the
cloth and possibly rip it. A damp cloth is all you need to clean up.
Done.

t4613 wrote:
Installing speaker grill cloth on my R this weekend. Any suggestions
or procedures?
I assume I would just use a 3M spray trim adhesive? Or what other
product? Staples? Tuck edges?
The lower trim looks like it just pulls up to remove?
Can I lay the Box down on its back?
The box just has the lightning bolts and no glass or glass frames; I
will be installing them later.
Any suggestions would be great. Thanks, Roncan be substituted

Old December 5th 08, 05:25 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken G.

Why not just staple it around the edges without any paste or glue ?

Old December 6th 08, 01:06 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken Doyle

"Ken G." wrote in message
Why not just staple it around the edges without any paste or glue ?

1) It will look pulled.
2) It will flap with the bass notes when it stretches (and it will stretch).

Restoring means putting it back the way it was, and it was glued.

Ken D.

Old December 13th 08, 02:25 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
t4613

t4613 wrote:
Installing speaker grill cloth on my R this weekend. Any suggestions
or procedures?
I assume I would just use a 3M spray trim adhesive? Or what other
product? Staples? Tuck edges?
The lower trim looks like it just pulls up to remove?
Can I lay the Box down on its back?
The box just has the lightning bolts and no glass or glass frames; I
will be installing them later.
Any suggestions would be great. Thanks, Roncan be substituted- Hide quoted text -

Did it last night, came out ok. The speaker has a metal perforated
screen over the speakers; if you push too hard on the cloth you can
see every hole. I used the cloth form VG, it seemed very thin with
very little texture, almost looks like foil when you put it on. I have
to do a C in the next few days, thinking of backing it with a very
thin layer of foam or cloth to give it some depth. I used a 3m high
tack 76 it worked great.
Thanks for all the help.
Ron

I will put a pic up and post it later today.

Seeburg R grill glass frames Terry S Juke Boxes 0 October 31st 08 02:03 PM
Seeburg 222 grill screens wayne Juke Boxes 1 August 13th 07 01:33 PM
Rock-Ola Wallette Installation [email protected] Juke Boxes 1 February 7th 07 04:45 PM
Creases in new grill cloth Juke Boxes 7 January 6th 05 03:58 AM
New article on inverted die installation Mike Diamond Coins 0 October 29th 03 05:03 AM