Wurlitzer 3200 select problem

Old February 24th 10, 03:38 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken G.

Default Wurlitzer 3200 select problem

Wurlitzer 3200 americana II 1968 year .

Having trouble figuring out a selection problem . First one of these i
have worked on .

Someone has made it free play . I need to push both buttons at one time
to select . I need to push the selection several times to get it to go .
Sometimes its 2 times , sometimes its 10 times then it plays fine .

I have all the coin parts . How do i get it back on coin ?

Thanks all

Old February 24th 10, 05:29 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Ken G. wrote:
Wurlitzer 3200 americana II 1968 year .

Having trouble figuring out a selection problem . First one of these i
have worked on .

Someone has made it free play . I need to push both buttons at one time
to select . I need to push the selection several times to get it to go .
Sometimes its 2 times , sometimes its 10 times then it plays fine .

I have all the coin parts . How do i get it back on coin ?

Thanks all

The 'Operator' (Jukebox Route Operator) way to set this vintage of
Wurlitzer machine to Free Play, was to simply move the return spring on
the credit wheel so the wheel was always pulled to the maximum. To
return to Money Play gently lift one end of the spring off its pin and
move it so it goes around the spindle on the opposite side (do NOT
stretch the spring!!) so the cancel solenoid steps the wheel down to
open the 'Key Switch', and return to the pin.

As for having to press the buttons several times to activate the
selection you probably have either badly adjusted/dirty blade switches
on the 'Latch Solenoid' section, or the keyboard bank switches are
breaking down and need to be either bypassed for the defective section
or replaced with new bank switch (lots of soldering and wiring if needed!)

John :-#)#
www.flippers.com
Old February 25th 10, 01:11 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken G.

Ok where is the latch solenoid ?

I guess the other switch banks you speak of are the whole keyboard . Are
you saying .. if one of those is going bad it will affect the rest ?

Does tis select problem have anything to do with the lower mech or
junction box ?

I tried putting the the parts back in the little box at top that someone
removed and it works manual but i still have to push 2 buttons at once
..

Old February 25th 10, 09:17 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Ken G. wrote:
Ok where is the latch solenoid ?

I guess the other switch banks you speak of are the whole keyboard . Are
you saying .. if one of those is going bad it will affect the rest ?

Does tis select problem have anything to do with the lower mech or
junction box ?

I tried putting the the parts back in the little box at top that someone
removed and it works manual but i still have to push 2 buttons at once
..

Latch solenoid is located at the keyboard. Pushing two buttons together
may simply mean that the latch solenoid is open or has been disconnected
or even removed. Can you make any selection you want by pressing the
appropriate letter and number key combination?

You really need the service manual to fix this machine. It has some
troubleshooting, schematics, adjustments etc. and is the only way to do
the job right.

We have original manuals in stock - $45US or you can get full size
reprints for $35US plus postage.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old February 26th 10, 04:09 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken G.

Ok i fiddled around with it more and found the latch parts you mention
all behind the keyboard .
The latch solenoid is there . When the machine is powered on and
credited the solenoid energizes and the make selection light comes on .
When i push one button of any kind the solenoid lets out then back in
and the button never stays down .
If i hold one button down after it clunks and try pushing another button
nothing happens .

If i quickly push 2 buttons down the solenoid lets out then right back
in and the machine starts playing , again no buttons stay down at all .
And as before i still have to push the 2 buttons several times to get it
to take off & play .

The whole machine is in real good clean condition , better than usuall
No messes .
All those parts behind the keyboard look almost like new .
I did try adjusting a few thngs by loostening their screws and moving
the part a little . I also made sure all those contact blades are moving
correctly and making contact
It does select a little better but not right ;
I have restored many jukeboxes but this one has me stumped a little .

Thanks for yor info !

Old February 26th 10, 09:50 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Ken G. wrote:
[...]

Check the latch switches, I suspect the problem is there. You do need a
manual to set them up correctly...there are even downloadable manuals if
you hunt around a bit...

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old February 27th 10, 01:03 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken G.

Thanks John . I agree a manual would be the quickest way to do this .
This jukebox is almost wortless in value so i`m trying to avoid large
costs on it .

do appreciate your help .

Tech: Wurlitzer 3200 RKP Juke Boxes 1 May 16th 10 07:52 PM
Rockola Rhapsody 408 Select Problem GottliebDomino Juke Boxes 0 August 9th 07 04:22 AM
Rock-Ola 442 select motor problem [email protected] Juke Boxes 2 October 27th 06 03:26 AM
Help Needed... Wurlitzer 3200, Records Eject Early Markgee33 Juke Boxes 2 September 18th 06 08:59 PM
Seeburg 100 select problem Ken G. Juke Boxes 1 April 19th 06 01:53 AM