Road rage hazard for toll takers - assault and battery with coins

Old January 2nd 05, 03:24 PM
stonej

Default Road rage hazard for toll takers - assault and battery with coins

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/...s-ipass02.html

Old January 2nd 05, 08:18 PM
A.E. Gelat

That's what happens to people who read only the sports pages of a newspaper,
and do not listen to TV news.

Tony

"stonej" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/...s-ipass02.html

Old January 3rd 05, 01:57 AM
Wayland

"stonej" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/...s-ipass02.html

Those people are griping about an additional $.40? This weekend we paid
$1.00 at Rockford and $1.90 (!!!) at Dixon IL (TWICE!!!).

Highway robbery. :-(

Pat
'send me one frazratten Ipass'

Old January 3rd 05, 04:44 PM
Michael G. Koerner

Wayland wrote:

"stonej" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/...s-ipass02.html

Those people are griping about an additional $.40? This weekend we paid
$1.00 at Rockford and $1.90 (!!!) at Dixon IL (TWICE!!!).

Highway robbery. :-(

Don't drive in the Washington DC-NYC area, then. Those tollgates,
especially those on I-95 in Maryland and Delaware and the NYC area
bridges and tunnels, make those in northern Illinois, even the Chicago
Skyway, look downright CHEAP!

BTW, I have always wondered why that I-88 Dixon, IL tollgate is not an
even dollar amount.

--
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |
___________________________________________ | | | | | | _______________
Old January 3rd 05, 08:14 PM
A.E. Gelat

"Michael G. Koerner" wrote in message
Wayland wrote:

"stonej" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/...s-ipass02.html

Those people are griping about an additional $.40? This weekend we paid
$1.00 at Rockford and $1.90 (!!!) at Dixon IL (TWICE!!!).

Highway robbery. :-(

Don't drive in the Washington DC-NYC area, then. Those tollgates,
especially those on I-95 in Maryland and Delaware and the NYC area
bridges and tunnels, make those in northern Illinois, even the Chicago
Skyway, look downright CHEAP!

BTW, I have always wondered why that I-88 Dixon, IL tollgate is not an
even dollar amount.

Is it 99 cents, as it is fashionable to fool the average John Doe.

Tony

--
___________________________________________ ____
_______________
___________________________________________ | | | | | |
_______________

Old January 3rd 05, 11:28 PM
Bob Peterson

"Michael G. Koerner" wrote in message
Wayland wrote:

"stonej" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/...s-ipass02.html

Those people are griping about an additional $.40? This weekend we paid
$1.00 at Rockford and $1.90 (!!!) at Dixon IL (TWICE!!!).

Highway robbery. :-(

Don't drive in the Washington DC-NYC area, then. Those tollgates,
especially those on I-95 in Maryland and Delaware and the NYC area
bridges and tunnels, make those in northern Illinois, even the Chicago
Skyway, look downright CHEAP!

BTW, I have always wondered why that I-88 Dixon, IL tollgate is not an
even dollar amount.

The rate is supposed to be set at whatever amount it takes to pay off the
bonds. I guess the estimated how many tools would be paid in a year, then
divided that into what it costs to pay off the bonds.

--
___________________________________________ ____
_______________

Old January 4th 05, 03:20 AM
Michael G. Koerner

"A.E. Gelat" wrote:

"Michael G. Koerner" wrote in message
Wayland wrote:

"stonej" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/...s-ipass02.html

Those people are griping about an additional $.40? This weekend we paid
$1.00 at Rockford and $1.90 (!!!) at Dixon IL (TWICE!!!).

Highway robbery. :-(

Don't drive in the Washington DC-NYC area, then. Those tollgates,
especially those on I-95 in Maryland and Delaware and the NYC area
bridges and tunnels, make those in northern Illinois, even the Chicago
Skyway, look downright CHEAP!

BTW, I have always wondered why that I-88 Dixon, IL tollgate is not an
even dollar amount.

Is it 99 cents, as it is fashionable to fool the average John Doe.

It was $0.95, now $1.90 cash for a car. So now, instead of the
tolltaker carrying a large bucket of nickels into the booth when he/she
starts a shift, it is now a large bucket of dimes. Also, no 'baskets'
at that tollgate, IPASS or 'manual cash' only.

--
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Old January 4th 05, 04:32 AM
Wayland

"Bob Peterson" wrote in message

"Michael G. Koerner" wrote in message

BTW, I have always wondered why that I-88 Dixon, IL tollgate is not an
even dollar amount.

The rate is supposed to be set at whatever amount it takes to pay off the
bonds. I guess the estimated how many tools would be paid in a year, then
divided that into what it costs to pay off the bonds.

I figure that they know I'd have to drive 25 miles further to avoid the toll
booth at Dixon. I get about 25 mpg, and gas was $1.96/gal last Saturday.
They know I won't drive an extra 20 minutes to save six cents.

Pat
'Did I get that right Tim?'