(RCSD) Ping: Ralph

Old July 22nd 08, 08:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Mette

Default (RCSD) Ping: Ralph

Ralph,

If you still collect joint-issues, please pay attention to the j-i 20th June
2008 Canada-Japan, the first ever according to the write-up on the FDC.

http://cjoint.com/data/hwvH0T8WyQ.htm

The issue features Lucy Maud Montgomery's immensely popular youth book "Anne
of Green Gables" commemorating the 100th anniversary of the book's first
publication.

Please note also the very nice maple-leaf-perforation between the stamps. It
is only the third time this perf appears on a Canadian stamp. I am not (yet)
aware on which stamps it appeared the two first times.

The FDC comes in two versions: one with a sheet and the perforation as shown
on the image, and another with two single stamps and no special perforation.
The set contains also two prepaid official postcards. Very nice, and IMO a
must-have in a collection of joint issues, for mailing in Canada and
delivery world wide. The stamps are self-adhesives.

Mette

Old July 22nd 08, 09:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Mette" wrote in message
k...
Ralph,

If you still collect joint-issues, please pay attention to the j-i 20th
June 2008 Canada-Japan, the first ever according to the write-up on the
FDC.

http://cjoint.com/data/hwvH0T8WyQ.htm

Welcome back :-)

I wonder what it shown on the Japan issue. Does somebody know it?

--
Victor

Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/

Old July 23rd 08, 03:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Jul 22, 4:21 pm, "Victor Manta" wrote:
"Mette" wrote in message

k...

Ralph,

If you still collect joint-issues, please pay attention to the j-i 20th
June 2008 Canada-Japan, the first ever according to the write-up on the
FDC.

http://cjoint.com/data/hwvH0T8WyQ.htm

Welcome back :-)

I wonder what it shown on the Japan issue. Does somebody know it?

--
Victor

Art on Stamps:http://artonstamps.org/

Victor and all:

Here is the Japanese sheet for Anne of Green Gables.
ten designs x 80 yen .

http://yoicho29.hippy.jp/PA300011.JPG

The top two are the same as the two Canadian stamps.

Blair

Old July 23rd 08, 03:49 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Jul 22, 3:49 pm, "Mette" wrote:
[...]

There were two formats of the stamps.

The souvenir sheets of two had the Maple Leaf perf in the centre.
http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/co...08_aogg_ss.jpg

The regular stamps came in self adhesive booklets of five pairs.
(The booklets had simulated regular perfs).
http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/co...gg_booklet.jpg

Blair
Old July 23rd 08, 10:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Mette" wrote in message

k...

Ralph,

If you still collect joint-issues, please pay attention to the j-i 20th
June 2008 Canada-Japan, the first ever according to the write-up on the
FDC.

http://cjoint.com/data/hwvH0T8WyQ.htm

Welcome back :-)

I wonder what it shown on the Japan issue. Does somebody know it?

Victor and all:

Here is the Japanese sheet for Anne of Green Gables.
ten designs x 80 yen .

http://yoicho29.hippy.jp/PA300011.JPG

The top two are the same as the two Canadian stamps.

Blair

Nice too. Thank you, Blair!

--
Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old July 23rd 08, 04:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Jul 22, 10:26*pm, "Blair (TC)" wrote:
On Jul 22, 4:21 pm, "Victor Manta" wrote:

. dk...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-
Art on Stamps:http://artonstamps.org/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-

Victor and all:

Here is the Japanese sheet for Anne of Green Gables.
ten designs x 80 yen .

http://yoicho29.hippy.jp/PA300011.JPG

The top two are the same as the two Canadian stamps.

Blair- Hide quoted text -

Bingo, you have hit nail on the head..."The top two are the same as
the two Canadian stamps." Common design is what I like. I have torn
some sheets apart for the common design joint issues and also have
kept some intact.
I haven't seen this sheet at my source yet but then again I haven't
looked in depth.
Now if you send me the two stamps from your sheet and Mette sends me
her two stamps I won't have to spend my US$. :-)

Ralph

Old July 23rd 08, 04:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Jul 22, 3:49*pm, "Mette" wrote:
[...]

Many thanks for the heads up on the Canada/Japan joint issue.
My collecting now is limited to joint issues with emphasis on common
design.
I have not seen the Canada/ Japan issue. I have only one source for
new issues, Bombay Stamps. They do a good job but I have to deal with
sold outs and back orders a bit.
I have seen the Maple Leaf perferation and think I have one somewhere,
just don't know where to start looking. I am now looking at the new
Canada/France joint issue.
Japan has several joint issues involving sheets of stamps. It is
becoming quite costly to keep up to date. My biggest pain is the joint
issues that are not available, at anywhere at any price.
Now if you send me your Canada stamps and I can get Blair to send me
the Japan sheet it will save me my US$. :-)

Ralph
Old July 23rd 08, 04:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
antoine gelat[_2_]

When the reply to a message changes the subject, please show the new
subject, otherwise it may get overlooked.

Tony

Old July 23rd 08, 08:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Milco

"Mette" wrote in message

[...]

And if we talk about joint issue - Serbia and Japan made it on the end
of last year!

Scan You can see on http://serbiastamp.blogspot.com

best regards to all
Milco
Old July 24th 08, 02:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------**-
Art on Stamps:http://artonstamps.org/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------**-

Victor and all:

Here is the Japanese sheet for Anne of Green Gables.
ten designs x 80 yen .

http://yoicho29.hippy.jp/PA300011.JPG

The top two are the same as the two Canadian stamps.

Blair- Hide quoted text -

And if we talk about joint issue - Serbia and Japan made it on the end
of last year!

Scan You can see onhttp://serbiastamp.blogspot.com

best regards to all
Milco- Hide quoted text -

I do not see a Serbia joint issue with Japan on your link.
I do not have a Serbia/Japan joint issue on my list. I do however have
Serbia/Romania joint issue of November 11, 2007 in my album.

Ralphael, the OLD one