Any New News On Scrapping Or Redesigning The $1 Bill?

Old July 15th 03, 06:45 AM
Malanutt 4 Life

Default Any New News On Scrapping Or Redesigning The $1 Bill?

I just thought I would ask since its been a while and there could be changes in
the plans.
Old July 15th 03, 01:34 PM
Fred Shecter

Nothing official, but if you agree with the GAO that we could save $500,000,000.00+ per
year by not printing any more short lived $1 FRNs and instead using long lived Golden
Dollars, then write to your Representative and your 2 Senators.

-Fred Shecter
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...shreadv ector

--
""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.

Old July 15th 03, 04:14 PM
Coin Saver

From: elurio

The only thing we know is that they're not going to make any 2003

Twenties....but will have 2004 and 2004A's.

Uh ... make that 2004G's
8-/

Coin Saver
Old July 15th 03, 09:14 PM
John Stone

"Fred Shecter" wrote in message ...
Nothing official, but if you agree with the GAO that we could save $500,000,000.00+ per
year by not printing any more short lived $1 FRNs and instead using long lived Golden
Dollars, then write to your Representative and your 2 Senators.

-Fred Shecter
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...shreadv ector

Write them and probably get a worthless form letter back "thanking you for
your concern".
Old July 17th 03, 07:56 AM
Malanutt 4 Life

The series 2003 $2 bills will look like the series 1995s.
Old July 17th 03, 08:29 PM
Jason Ditz

"Fred Shecter" wrote in message ...
Nothing official, but if you agree with the GAO that we could save $500,000,000.00+ per
year by not printing any more short lived $1 FRNs and instead using long lived Golden
Dollars, then write to your Representative and your 2 Senators.

-Fred Shecter
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...shreadv ector

Long lived but God are circulated Sacs ugly. Those things goes stale
faster than a post 82 zinc penny.

Maybe they could design a new dollar coin without the manganese?

Better still, put a valuable mineral in them... so they are actually
worth something. That'd at least give me a little faith that they
aren't trying to flood the market with them as cheaply as possible.
How about a 2 oz. .999 fine dollar coin made of Nickel? I'd be all
about using those.
Old July 17th 03, 10:16 PM
Paul Anderson

In article , Jason
Ditz wrote:

Long lived but God are circulated Sacs ugly. Those things goes stale
faster than a post 82 zinc penny.
Maybe they could design a new dollar coin without the manganese?

I know the dollar's composition was designed so its magnetic
characteristics would be the same as the Anthony dollar and existing
vending machines would not have to be changed. But, in hindsight,
maybe we should have designed it to retain more of its luster.
Canadian dollars don't look as bad in circulation.

Perhaps rendering all the Anthony dollars useless for vending machines
would have meant the government would have been forced to recall them
and we would all be better off.

Or would the Golden Dollar not have flown at all if vending machines
had to be re-tooled?

It's all moot now.

Paul

--