Ebay is Unfair!

Old April 7th 07, 02:26 PM posted to alt.anti-ebay,alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting
steve

Default Ebay is Unfair!

just open a new account like everyone else?

"Kim" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Hi. My name is Kim and I was a powerseller on eBay. My account was
canceled for no apparent reason give, then an eBay representative wrote to
me and instructed me to fax certain documentation in then my account would
be reinstated. I did so but my account was not reinstated. Now I have no
income and it is due to eBay's unfair policies and business practices.
They cancel your account and don't even explain why --- meanwhile I have
lost, no doubt just like many others and owe Fed Ex fees, DHL fees which
are due at the end of the month--of which I could have paid had my bids
and account not been canceled. They, eBay gave no reason why but just
exerted their "No ask..no tell why your account is being suspended".

Also, when I click on the above link to see a "printable copy" of the
lawsuit, a blank screen comes up. I would like to see a copy of that
lawsuit.

I have also been contacted by at least 9 - 10 others who need an attorney
along with myself, to sue eBay for the unfair business practices. I was
referred to Suzanna Gal from the San Jose District Attorney's Office, but
only after sending all my relevant paperwork and evidence to her, did she
not even respond and has done absolutely nothing on the case. She is a
foreigner and I have trouble understanding her English. I have nothing
against foreigners but I simply cannot understand her...only that she did
nothing on my case as well as many others, and she closed the case not
explaining to me what she did at all on my case. She only said "I cannot
force eBay into mediation"??? I wanted to see her office take much needed
prosecution and swift, harsh legal action against eBay..What a total waste
of time her office was. I even wrote to her supervisor and he sent me a
dear-john letter....nothing was ever done on my case. These people from
the DA's office are just as lazy and illegal in their conduct as eBay is.

We---myself and at least 10 others need a great attorney in that area or
whomever in the correction jurisdication has the know-how and much needed
follow-thru to sue eBay.

They have hurt me and damaged me for the last time! I have outstanding
bills and monetary obligations and I was doing great on eBay.

The other matter regarding eBay's outrageous feedback & shill-bidding
policies need to be filed within this same lawsuit.

Someone contact me for serious legal action against eBay. We (all 10 of
us) need a diligent, ethical attorney who will give eBay what they need
most---a kick in their legally constipated ass!

Kim

(541) 705-2856

Old April 7th 07, 04:49 PM posted to alt.anti-ebay,alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting
Don Lancaster

Mr. Clean wrote:
On 6 Apr 2007 18:49:01 -0700, "Jerry Dennis"
spake thusly:

There are many other online auction sites
available.

but can you sell anything on them? that's the real question.

Their main advantage is their stunning savings in bubble wrap and
shpiping tape.

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073
Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552
rss: http://www.tinaja.com/whtnu.xml email:

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at
http://www.tinaja.com
Old April 7th 07, 05:34 PM posted to alt.anti-ebay,alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting
[email protected]

In alt.anti-ebay Bruce Remick wrote:

I never buy or bid on anything at a price I'm not satisfiedd with. Never
had an item I won not show up. Lucky maybe?

LIAR! Everybody looses money on eBay!
Old April 7th 07, 05:43 PM posted to alt.anti-ebay,alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting
Roberto Pirezzi

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

"Roberto Pirezzi" wrote in message

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

"nofeestillyoulose" wrote in message
news4yRh.216$Lm.63@trndny05...
ebay is a maze that gives someone something to do. Its like they set up
a puzzle and intrique you to lose your money with tens of ways of doing
it. yes you can get some decent buys but lets bet you eventually see
this as a money losing obessision.. Count yourself lucky they helped
you leave.
If your worried about some fees. your not probably doing so great as
power seller.

If one can occasionally get some decent buys on eBay, how does a buyer
end up losing money?

By buying 1 item from 1 seller dirt cheap, and a 2nd from another seller,
about on the money. Only 1 turns up, therefore buyer loses money lol

I never buy or bid on anything at a price I'm not satisfiedd with. Never
had an item I won not show up. Lucky maybe?

Guess what. I don't know what it's like to die from cancer. Does that mean
it doesn't happen?

Just because it's not happened to you, means it doesn't happen?

If someone sets up a business that is dependant on
auctioning their goods on eBay, and they lose money, they either have
crappy products that people don't want, or they set their starting bids
near retail which scared potential bidders off.

Or they may not make their listings appealing. I know a friend who had a
load of unwanted gifts he was selling, and didn't attract a single bid
worth anywhere near a reasonable price.

Happens all the time. But then all your friend lost was some listing
fees. He might have hit paydirt selling the stuff he otherwise didn't
want.

Money is lost if they sell under value (if my friend needed a new engine for
his car which cost £300 and the value of his items was, £400, and he makes
£200, he has lost in sales. Bids are final. end of story.)

I've never lost money as a buyer and
seller over about ten years.

It's easier to lose money as a buyer. Losses are instant.

Like I've said, I never lost money as a buyer. I paid what I wanted to.

That is ****ed up. If you pay £100 for something I pay £50 for, you have
lost £50 whether you care to admit it not!

With selling, losses are cumulative over periods of time - i.e if you
make a loss selling 5 items on Monday, but sell 20 items at higher profit
on Tuesday, by Wednesay, overall, you have profited.

You seem to be describing someone who depends on using eBay for their
business.

You started it! see your own post.

QUOTE " If someone sets up a business that is dependant on
auctioning their goods on eBay"

I'm thinking more of people who sell collectibles, junk, misc.
stuff on eBay. I don't put collectible items up for auction without
first researching to see what similar items usually bring. If the prices
are attractive, I might put my stuff up. I always make a modest profit,
and sometimes a large one. Business people who rely on eBay have to
contend with lots of variables, not the least of which are competition and
lack of interest-- same as they would in a shop.

What exactly is a antique shop if it's not a business?

Out of say, 1000 items, it is fine to lose on some, if they help make a
gain on others. (repeat business, browsers - impulse buyers etc). High
feedback scores are dependant on selling by VOLUME (and psychologically,
people will pay more if there is a lot of business going through one
user).

Sometimes I didn't get what I'd hoped for
selling an item. Other times I got several times more than I expected.
I'm not in it to make money, even if I sometimes do.

If you're not in it for the money, then you can't have any expectation
what you will get for items.

You sure can if you do some research. I'm in it to get the going value
for whatever I'm selling, coins or otherwise. Any profit is a bonus. I
usually get what my research tells me to expect. I usually plan to use
that money for something else, often something I see on eBay.

If your research says you will likely make x. and you fail. How is that a
success story?

Which class of person is in it for the money:

A) eBay Sellers.

B) People who give their items away to charity shops

What's your point here? Some people like to take a crack at selling stuff
on eBay they might otherwise throw away. Sometimes what they make is a
jaw-dropping surprise. Other people may give their stuff to charity shops
and will keep an itemized list in order to take a tax deduction. Still
others just give their stuff to charity to be done with it. The choices
are always there.

Anyone who gives items away are not in it for the money. You say a profit is
a bonus. If you think that way, you're in it for the money. I don't see you
saying, any profit I make I donate to charity, no sir, you like the fact you
can make money from selling your items, so just admit it, and stop expecting
me to believe someone who talks about research for item value isn't in it
for the money. You're not the type of person someone wanting to re-sell
would use. You research too hard, and you need the extra money from each
sale. If you were not in it for the money, ANY sale is a sale. So what if it
was under value!

I can't picture someone
able to get rid of junk from their garage or attic on eBay and then
whining about the fees they charge. Maybe they shoulda held a yard sale
and hoped for a customer or two.

Bruce

You only whine when things don't sell at all. It's like someone winning
the lottery jackpot, then moaning and groaning about the price of the
ticket. Pointless.

Anyone attempting to sell their garage or attic junk on eBay is gambling
on a surprise result.

Garage and attic junk is actually worth more than everyday commodities.
Antiques and collectables have a huge market, so it wouldn't be a surprise
result if something sells, it's a surprise when it exceeds all (financial)
expectations, and a clear dissapointment if it fails to sell.

Someone who buys a lottery jackpot ticket and doesn't
win doesn't usually whine either.

I can assure you, they do.

He expected to lose in the first place.

Just because someone expects to lose doesnt mean they are happy when they
do.

A win would have been a bonus surprise.

A win would be the REASON they bought the ticket. The HOPE.

The junk seller usually feels the
same way.

The junk seller has no expectation of anything, as a jackpot is a jackpot,
but there is no clear cut expectation from a piece of ****.

No big deal if their junk didn't bring much or anything on eBay.
They were going to dump it anyway.

Bruce

And that is why many people rumage through the tip. :-) So, let them carry
on failing to sell, as others manage it quite successfully.

l2oberto

Old April 7th 07, 10:13 PM posted to alt.anti-ebay,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting
Andrew Heenan

"Neil J Humphreys" wrote...
More like chances are it's another ****ing troll.

Time to get therapy for the tourette's?

--

Andrew
eBaY Weirdities

Norfolk & Way - Our Aim Is To Please
http://www.norfolk-and-way.com/

Old April 8th 07, 04:26 AM posted to alt.anti-ebay,alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting
Kent Wills

As I understand it, on Fri, 06 Apr 2007 10:44:55 GMT, "Kim"
wrote:

Hi. My name is Kim and I was a powerseller on eBay. My account was canceled
for no apparent reason give,

They gave you no reason at all? Just sent an email stating
your account is terminated?
What, exactly, did the communication they sent informing you
of the suspension/termination say?

then an eBay representative wrote to me and
instructed me to fax certain documentation in then my account would be
reinstated. I did so but my account was not reinstated.

When did you fax the copies? If it was just this morning, you
shouldn't be surprised that you've yet to be reinstated.

Now I have no income
and it is due to eBay's unfair policies and business practices. They cancel
your account and don't even explain why --- meanwhile I have lost, no doubt
just like many others and owe Fed Ex fees, DHL fees which are due at the end
of the month--of which I could have paid had my bids and account not been
canceled.

The fees owed are for past auctions. You already have the
money the buyers sent you to cover the cost of shipping these items.
Current auctions won't matter in this regard.

They, eBay gave no reason why but just exerted their "No ask..no
tell why your account is being suspended".

They surely gave you some reason. Even if it was somewhat
vague. Something like, "You violated rule number 478a." [NOTE: I have
no idea if there is such a rule. I just made up a number at random.]
The reason they gave may not have been specific, but I expect
one was given.

Also, when I click on the above link to see a "printable copy" of the
lawsuit, a blank screen comes up. I would like to see a copy of that
lawsuit.

You've lost me here. I see no link above.

I have also been contacted by at least 9 - 10 others who need an attorney
along with myself, to sue eBay for the unfair business practices. I was
referred to Suzanna Gal from the San Jose District Attorney's Office, but
only after sending all my relevant paperwork and evidence to her, did she
not even respond and has done absolutely nothing on the case.

That means there's insufficient evidence for a criminal
investigation. The San Jose DA's office is probably busy. Unless and
until there is evidence to support a *criminal* complaint, they can't
do much.

She is a
foreigner and I have trouble understanding her English. I have nothing
against foreigners but I simply cannot understand her...only that she did
nothing on my case as well as many others, and she closed the case not
explaining to me what she did at all on my case. She only said "I cannot
force eBay into mediation"???

Which is true. If she's with the DA's office, she can only
act on matters of criminal law. You are dealing with civil and
contract law.
Why would you even take a civil matter to the DA's office?

I wanted to see her office take much needed
prosecution and swift, harsh legal action against eBay..What a total waste
of time her office was. I even wrote to her supervisor and he sent me a
dear-john letter....nothing was ever done on my case.

Present evidence of *criminal* activity, not possible
violations of civil and/or contract law, and they can do something.

These people from the
DA's office are just as lazy and illegal in their conduct as eBay is.

You've offered NO evidence of any illegal activity form anyone
in your post. I do hope you have *something* to support the
accusation of illegal activity on the part of the San Jose DA's
office, lest you find yourself in court for libel.

We---myself and at least 10 others need a great attorney in that area or
whomever in the correction jurisdication has the know-how and much needed
follow-thru to sue eBay.

You are free to file suit, of course, and pay the money needed
to get it going, but based on what you've written here, I don't see a
winnable complaint on your end.
Still, speak with a lawyer who deals with civil and contract
law. S/He will review everything and be in a much better position to
evaluate your options.
Look in you phone book for attorneys in your area. You'll
likely find one who will give you a free initial consultation.

They have hurt me and damaged me for the last time! I have outstanding bills
and monetary obligations and I was doing great on eBay.

If you were doing so great, why do you have outstanding bills?
You should have paid them upon receipt, or, at the very latest, when
due.

The other matter regarding eBay's outrageous feedback & shill-bidding
policies need to be filed within this same lawsuit.

What, exactly, is outrageous about their feedback policy?
I've never had a problem as a buyer. Having never sold anything on
eBay, I can't comment as a seller.
Shill bidding is a problem with some auctions. I hope it's
not as common as some would have us believe.
I haven't seen anything that makes me believe any auction I
was involved with had a shill, but I must point out in five years of
using eBay, I've only won 30 auctions. I've bid on maybe 50.

Someone contact me for serious legal action against eBay. We (all 10 of us)
need a diligent, ethical attorney who will give eBay what they need most---a
kick in their legally constipated ass!

You've offered nothing in your post to make me think eBay has
done anything of a criminal nature regarding you. And I don't see any
actionable offense in a civil matter.

FYI: Posting your phone number (I presume that was your
personal phone number) to Usenet is a BAD idea.

--
Kent
No todos los que ven tus obras ven tus virtudes.
Old April 8th 07, 04:34 AM posted to alt.anti-ebay,alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting
Kent Wills

As I understand it, on Sat, 7 Apr 2007 09:13:18 -0400, "Bruce Remick"
wrote:

[...]

I've only had one item never show up. I was out $28.00.
The seller is no longer a registered eBayer since I was not
the only one he (I'm presuming male) did this to.

--
Kent
Bless me, Father, for I have committed an original sin.
Old April 8th 07, 05:02 AM posted to alt.anti-ebay,alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting
Kent Wills

As I understand it, on Sat, 7 Apr 2007 17:43:10 +0100, "Roberto
Pirezzi" wrote:

[various snips for brevity]

By buying 1 item from 1 seller dirt cheap, and a 2nd from another seller,
about on the money. Only 1 turns up, therefore buyer loses money lol

I never buy or bid on anything at a price I'm not satisfiedd with. Never
had an item I won not show up. Lucky maybe?

Guess what. I don't know what it's like to die from cancer. Does that mean
it doesn't happen?

Just because it's not happened to you, means it doesn't happen?

He doesn't say it doesn't happen. Just that it hasn't
happened to him.

[...]

Happens all the time. But then all your friend lost was some listing
fees. He might have hit paydirt selling the stuff he otherwise didn't
want.

Money is lost if they sell under value (if my friend needed a new engine for
his car which cost £300 and the value of his items was, £400, and he makes
£200, he has lost in sales. Bids are final. end of story.)

An item is only worth what someone is willing to pay. If your
friend is willing to pay £300 for the new engine and he gets it for
that price, he's not lost anything.

I've never lost money as a buyer and
seller over about ten years.

It's easier to lose money as a buyer. Losses are instant.

Like I've said, I never lost money as a buyer. I paid what I wanted to.

That is ****ed up. If you pay £100 for something I pay £50 for, you have
lost £50 whether you care to admit it not!

Only if he thinks the item is only worth £50. If he put in a
bid of £100 or more, then he see the item as being worth £100 or
more.

With selling, losses are cumulative over periods of time - i.e if you
make a loss selling 5 items on Monday, but sell 20 items at higher profit
on Tuesday, by Wednesay, overall, you have profited.

You seem to be describing someone who depends on using eBay for their
business.

You started it! see your own post.

It was someone named Kim who started the thread.

QUOTE " If someone sets up a business that is dependant on
auctioning their goods on eBay"

I'm thinking more of people who sell collectibles, junk, misc.
stuff on eBay. I don't put collectible items up for auction without
first researching to see what similar items usually bring. If the prices
are attractive, I might put my stuff up. I always make a modest profit,
and sometimes a large one. Business people who rely on eBay have to
contend with lots of variables, not the least of which are competition and
lack of interest-- same as they would in a shop.

What exactly is a antique shop if it's not a business?

It's a business that would be in competition with the auction
on eBay as described in the hypothetical above.

[...]

If you're not in it for the money, then you can't have any expectation
what you will get for items.

You sure can if you do some research. I'm in it to get the going value
for whatever I'm selling, coins or otherwise. Any profit is a bonus. I
usually get what my research tells me to expect. I usually plan to use
that money for something else, often something I see on eBay.

If your research says you will likely make x. and you fail. How is that a
success story?

One might be likely to make x, but that doesn't mean they
will. If the auction closes at a price the seller likes, then it's a
win for the seller. And if the seller wants to ensure a minimum
amount, s/he will set a reserve.

[...]

If the other option is to throw the item away, getting no
money for it, then it's fair market value wouldn't matter.

[...]

Someone who buys a lottery jackpot ticket and doesn't
win doesn't usually whine either.

I can assure you, they do.

I've not heard anyone whine because they didn't win the Power
Ball. And I used to work in a convenience store that sold tickets
(years ago).

He expected to lose in the first place.

Just because someone expects to lose doesnt mean they are happy when they
do.

While they probably wouldn't dance a jig from losing, few
people would be so unstable as to let their losing the lottery cause
them to get angry about it. If they do, they most probably have
issues that need to be addressed with the aide of a competent mental
health professional.

A win would have been a bonus surprise.

A win would be the REASON they bought the ticket. The HOPE.

They buy it in hopes that, despite the odds, they'll win.
They're buying the "right" to dream about winning.

[...]

No big deal if their junk didn't bring much or anything on eBay.
They were going to dump it anyway.

Bruce

And that is why many people rumage through the tip. :-) So, let them carry
on failing to sell, as others manage it quite successfully.

That's the way of business. Some make it, some don't.
Everyone has the right to fail at business.

--
Kent

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old April 8th 07, 05:04 AM posted to alt.anti-ebay,alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting
Kent Wills

As I understand it, on Sat, 7 Apr 2007 20:46:00 -0400, "AMUN"
wrote:

[...]

I never buy or bid on anything at a price I'm not satisfiedd with. Never
had an item I won not show up. Lucky maybe?

Guess what. I don't know what it's like to die from cancer. Does that mean
it doesn't happen?

Just because it's not happened to you, means it doesn't happen?

You just have to wonder about people who search out, and post to a newgroup
like ALT.ANTI.EBAY
Only to question or critique everyone who posts anything with less than
glowing opinions of it.

There are several newsgroups included in the list.

--
Kent
"I most stonger than Darth Vapor!"
Old April 8th 07, 07:58 AM posted to alt.anti-ebay,alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting
Salty

Kim wrote:
Hi. My name is Kim and I was a powerseller on eBay.

Hi Kim.

My account was canceled
for no apparent reason give,

They always give a reason. Are you a person who likes lying or are you
someone who can't help lying? Is lying a chronic problem for you?

then an eBay representative wrote to me and
instructed me to fax certain documentation in then my account would be
reinstated.

Ah? So they DID give a reason!

I did so but my account was not reinstated.

You didn't give them the documentation that they requested. Why would
they reinstate you if you didn't do what they requested?

Now I have no income
and it is due to eBay's unfair policies and business practices.

No it isn't. It is due to your life choices.

If I decided that the only thing that I wanted to do was be president of
the US and I wasn't elected, could I claim that my lack of income was
due to the White House's policies?

This is basically what you are claiming.

They cancel
your account and don't even explain why

They always explain why. You either ignored or didn't like their
explanation and are now whining. I suspect that you have had a lifetime
of experience at whining and blaming others for your mistakes.

--- meanwhile I have lost, no doubt
just like many others and owe Fed Ex fees, DHL fees which are due at the end
of the month--of which I could have paid had my bids and account not been
canceled. They, eBay gave no reason why but just exerted their "No ask..no
tell why your account is being suspended".

Why keep on with this BS? Anyone with experience of eBay knows that they
always give reason. You may not like or agree with the reason, but
none the less, it exists.

Also, when I click on the above link to see a "printable copy" of the
lawsuit, a blank screen comes up. I would like to see a copy of that
lawsuit.

Maybe that blank screen really does contain the substance of the "lawsuit".

I have also been contacted by at least 9 - 10 others who need an attorney
along with myself, to sue eBay for the unfair business practices.

You should have inserted some music here. You know, suspense music so
that others realise that this is where you are really stretching the
truth to breaking point.

I was
referred to Suzanna Gal from the San Jose District Attorney's Office, but
only after sending all my relevant paperwork and evidence to her, did she
not even respond and has done absolutely nothing on the case.

Only after sending...?

So she was responding but stopped when you sent the "relevant"
paperwork? Maybe she can't laugh and type at the same time?

She is a
foreigner and I have trouble understanding her English.

She can't speak white trash? That could be a problem for people like
you. The San Jose's DA office should have considered that when they
hired her. Fluency in white trash should be a prerequisite.

I have nothing
against foreigners but I simply cannot understand her...only that she did
nothing on my case as well as many others, and she closed the case not
explaining to me what she did at all on my case.

Maybe you didn't HAVE a case. Has that thought occurred to you?

She only said "I cannot
force eBay into mediation"???

Of course she was lying. She could have called out the National Guard or
diverted troops from Iraq and forced eBay if she really wanted to -
couldn't she?

I wanted to see her office take much needed
prosecution and swift, harsh legal action against eBay.

I'll just bet you did. Much the same way that you would like members of
the opposite sex to stop laughing at you and doormen to allow you to
enter buildings. Unfortunately none of these things is ever likely to
happen.

..What a total waste
of time her office was. I even wrote to her supervisor and he sent me a
dear-john letter....nothing was ever done on my case.

I wouldn't be too sure of that. It may have provided a great deal of
mirth for bored office workers.

These people from the
DA's office are just as lazy and illegal in their conduct as eBay is.

So it is the whole world that is out to get you, not just eBay?

We---myself and at least 10 others

Ten? it was nine or ten a few paragraphs back. Now it is at least ten.
Are these others doing naughty things in the darkness of your intellect?

need a great attorney in that area or
whomever in the correction jurisdication has the know-how and much needed
follow-thru to sue eBay.

You can sue anybody, but in order to win and avoid costs, you actually
have to have grounds. You seem to have overlooked that little item.

They have hurt me and damaged me for the last time! I have outstanding bills
and monetary obligations and I was doing great on eBay.

Obviously some of the people who you were dealing with didn't agree.
They complained to eBay and eBay, being the caring, concerned entity hat
it is, listened to them and then chopped you off at the knees.

The other matter regarding eBay's outrageous feedback & shill-bidding
policies need to be filed within this same lawsuit.

So they caught you padding your feedback and shilling your listings up?

Someone contact me for serious legal action against eBay.

No. I might be interested in frivolous legal action, but not serious.
Frivolity is much more fun than seriousness. They have balloons and
party favours with frivolity.

We (all 10 of us)
need a diligent, ethical attorney who will give eBay what they need most---a
kick in their legally constipated ass!

Never going to happen.

Have a good (eBay-free) day.

Regards