How to get rid of an eBay fraudster

Old February 22nd 07, 03:09 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.marketplace.online.ebay
Salty

Default How to get rid of an eBay fraudster

duty-honor-country wrote:
Both the 78 Honda Civic and Accord were highly decent cars.
--

are you f-ing nuts ? a Honda is a ****box, in 1978, and today. You
must have a Japper mentality.

people fought and died to keep that junk out of this country- where's
your common sense ?

I am surprised that you don't like the Japanese. Most of the Eight Track
systems that you are so enamored of were of Japanese origin. You do
realise that the Motorola Players (and most of the others) were made in
Japan? Quatron was about the only non-Asian manufacturer.

Regards

Salty
Old February 22nd 07, 05:10 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.marketplace.online.ebay
Kurt

In article . com,
"duty-honor-country" wrote:

Both the 78 Honda Civic and Accord were highly decent cars.
--

are you f-ing nuts ? a Honda is a ****box, in 1978, and today. You
must have a Japper mentality.

people fought and died to keep that junk out of this country- where's
your common sense ?

LOL. You must be too young around then. US Cars were complete crap in
'78. Mid 70s to mid 80s were the worst years ever for US auto quality.
Common sense says stop blaming others for our own shortcomings.
Set the example by leading, not whining. US cars are much better now,
but still getting our asses kicked by industry arrogance and lack of
innovation.

Old February 22nd 07, 05:53 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.marketplace.online.ebay
Tony Cooper

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 10:21:47 +1000, Salty wrote:

duty-honor-country wrote:
Claims that they were
dominant in the seventies and eighties. As I recall they were popular in
the sixties and had died by the early seventies.

He seems to have a lot in common with you, I can see why he is on your
radar. A wacko full of misinformation.

Salty

well you're wrong there- 8-tracks were available in store until 1983,
and available through mail order clubs until 1988-89

I did not make any comment on availability, I said that they were
"popular" in the sixties and that popularity had died by the early
seventies.

I don't think the popularity of 8-track died by the early 70s. I'd
put it at the mid-70s. I had a 1973 (purchased in mid-1973)Chevvy
Nova with an 8-track player, and kept it for about three years. I had
no trouble buying 8-tracks while I had the car.

You can quibble on "the most popular" form of recorded delivery, but
8-tracks hung in longer than you give them credit as a popular system.

Read it a again. You are so obsessive in your defence of
technology that was old and tired by the early seventies that you don't
seem to notice the difference between available and popular.

You could still buy B&W televisions in those days too. Are you going to
tell that they were popular simply because they were available? Colour
was popular, B&W was what you accepted if you couldn't afford colour.
The same with eight tracks.

I had in laws who owned a Hi-Fi business in the late seventies and
certainly did not have any new model Eight Track *players* offered by
distributors after the early seventies. The fact that the cartridges
were continued for some time to service an existing market has little to
do with popularity. I did not see them offered as standard in new cars
after '71/'72, and I have always changed my car at least every two years.

most people in the late-1970's still had 8-track players in their cars
and homes as well

Most People? Absolute garbage. By the early seventies car cassette and
cassette radio combination players were common, not eight tracks. If you
wanted to purchase a new car with an eight track you had to order it
specifically. It wasn't a standard option as there was already enormous
difficulty in finding new release songs on eight track. You had to "burn
your own" for modern music.

you either are too young to know better, or too old to remember
clearly

Neither.

My very first new car (aged seventeen - graduation present) had an eight
track, all subsequent cars had radio/cassette players. I was unhappy
about the limitations of the eight track and replaced it with a car
cassette player in 1970. It was a second hand Panasonic player taken
from a three year old wreck. I was quite pleased with it.

My last eight track was a combination unit built into an Akai reel to
reel recorder. It didn't see much use. I still have it.

Regards

Salty

--

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL
Old February 22nd 07, 06:22 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.marketplace.online.ebay
Wereo_SUPREME

"Salty" wrote in message
duty-honor-country wrote:

[...]

domestic and foreign car mfrs. put 8-track decks in cars as factory
equipment and dealer installed options, well into the early 1980's

I am not saying that they didn't. I am saying that they were not a
*standard* option. They had been superseded by Radio/Cassettes and they
had to be ordered/requested. By the early eighties they were nearly
impossible to find.

They had an appeal to people who had invested money and time into
collecting eight track music. Anyone who had no existing collection (and
for many who had) a cassette offered more convenience and flexibility,
particularly once a few advancements in head technology, Dolby etc,. made
the smaller format outperform the larger older style heads,

you're pretty sharp on tax law, but on the 8-track history is not
accurate

It is *absolutely* accurate.

I have a (legal) music collection that exceeds three thousand albums. I
have strong associations with two prominent '70's rock groups, and a
lifelong enthusiasm and appreciation for music. I know what was available,
I know what was popular (the area where you seem to be lost) and I know
what was not.

at our local high school here during 1975-80, nearly ALL the kids
drove cars with 8-track decks in them- cassette was considered
somewhat of a joke-

Our experiences differ. In my college days, a person with an eight track
in a late seventies car was considered old fashioned or blue
collar/trailer trash. Not sure why. Maybe because they were more common in
Pickups and Muscle cars. Maybe because as the supply of new eight track
albums dwindled, the few readily available seemed to focus on R&B,
country/bluegrass and old Rock&Roll, not contemporary music. Pickups and
Muscle cars certainly were around, but they weren't the "norm". Like it or
not, the norm with regard to music in the seventies was disco. Try to find
concurrent popular label disco releases on eight track during the
seventies. It was pretty much Cassette and Vinyl LP. Not many cartridges
in the music stores.

8-tracks still outsold cassettes by a far margin until 1983

Not so, not even close. By 1983 CDs were in play, cassettes were
approaching Vinyl sales and eight tracks were museum pieces. They had
stopped making the players several years earlier. There were no new
model/technology releases with players after 1975, and by that time they
were all Asian manufacture. Between 1979 and 1983 all of the major labels
had officially declared eight track formats no longer supported. They had
been dying for years, they didn't stop supporting them because they were
popular, they stopped supporting them because they were more expensive,
less reliable and not as popular as cassettes.

Regards

Salty

I did the biggest Musical Event Stunt in 70s Music, I'm the only one
credited with recording the mighty 1974 CALIFORNIA JAM Mega-Concert.

No offense, but if I were you I wouldn't brag about having 3,000 record
albums. Due to my *other* musical Nuclear Warrior, all Rock and Roll is
invalid now.

Except for my World Exclusive on the California Jam and what I did there. I
am the only one who matters in Music and Film.

californiajam.com
nuclearwarrior.com

Old February 22nd 07, 06:29 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.marketplace.online.ebay
Wereo_SUPREME

Default BEWARE DESERTBOB-USENET AND EBAY TROLL BANNED FOR AUCTION INTERFERENCE

"duty-honor-country" wrote in message
oups.com...

DESERTBOB (not its real name) is a troll.
It regularly frequents at least twenty news groups,
including many rabid/sex/racist/liberal idiot/wannabee mechanic
groups.
Normally, it starts off with reasonable, even witty lines,
but rapidly drifts into lies, abuse and stupidity.
Check its details at Google Groups at this URL:

http://groups.google.com/groups/prof...Te82ZIng&hl=en

See it's pathetic picture and myspace page at this URL- as it searches
for companionship at age 50- looks like a quart of oil for the car in
that hair...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...did=303 21125

It had 2 Ebay usernames, both banned due to abuse, auction
interference, and harassment- they were VOXPOPPER and XCALIBER44- see
them here- search history of VOXPOPPER to see how it left (8) negative
feedbacks for a seller, for items that cost only a penny each !

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...erid=voxpopper

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...rid=xcaliber44

It is a sad creature, deserving of pity, not anger.
Any direct response simply feeds it,
but it will go away if you ignore it.

You're just a retarded boy, "NOODLES"

Old February 22nd 07, 07:58 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.marketplace.online.ebay
DeserTBoB

Default everybody check their emai- DeserTBob the rat

On 21 Feb 2007 09:22:29 -0800, "duty-honor-country" aka Charles M.
Nudo, Jr., Drums, PA, aka 66-catalina aka 66fourdoor
whined:

10-4 good buddy, SS DoucheBob sinking....

Why do you come back from psychiatric rehab, and then immediately go
back onto Usenet to show the world how mentally ill you are?

By the way, that little fabrication you told about me being a "phone
guy" was hilarious. You simply like to make your reality up as you go
along, don't you? Most paranoid delusionals do that.

Hey Noodles! Was Papa Nudo mentally ill as well? Did he beat you a
lot? Looks like someone should've chlorinated the Nudo gene pool back
in Italy before it became a problem.
Old February 22nd 07, 08:06 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.marketplace.online.ebay
DeserTBoB

Default why Charlie Nudo is so bitter-Ebay axed 3 of his accounts for fraud/shill bidding/misc infractions- he's insane

EBay accounts:

coolsitesnsounds
quad-dubber
66fourdoor

All trace back to:

Charles M. Nudo, Jr.
Drums, PA

So, to deflect scrutiny on himself, he goes and posts two accounts
that HE had killed for trumped up "transaction interference"
reasons...typical of fleaBay to back up a fraudster/petty crook like
this one.

The record tells it all. Take time to research, or shut up about it.
Old February 22nd 07, 01:19 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.marketplace.online.ebay
duty-honor-country

On Feb 21, 8:58 pm, Salty wrote:
duty-honor-country wrote:

[...]

Salty- Hide quoted text -

dude, with all due respect, 8-track killed cassettes all through the
1970's for the average teenage rock fan- no one bought a cassette
deck, they appeared to be cheap and inferior-

it wasn't until the 1980's that cassette really took off and 8-track
subsided

when people started buying metal and chrome cassette tapes, and making
their own recordings for in the car during the early 1980's, that's
when 8-track was done

8-track made a huge comeback on the internet and Ebay, and far
outvalues a cassette now- an 8-track tape sold for $4500 on Ebay last
year- the players are also selling for more than a new cassette deck
or CD/DVD player sell for- where have you been ?

see it here

http://electronics.search-completed....4999QQsbrsrtZd

Old February 22nd 07, 01:22 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.marketplace.online.ebay
duty-honor-country

On Feb 21, 9:09 pm, Salty wrote:
duty-honor-country wrote:
Both the 78 Honda Civic and Accord were highly decent cars.
--

are you f-ing nuts ? a Honda is a ****box, in 1978, and today. You
must have a Japper mentality.

people fought and died to keep that junk out of this country- where's
your common sense ?

I am surprised that you don't like the Japanese. Most of the Eight Track
systems that you are so enamored of were of Japanese origin. You do
realise that the Motorola Players (and most of the others) were made in
Japan? Quatron was about the only non-Asian manufacturer.

Regards

Salty

ever hear of Pearl Harbor and the Bataan Death March ?