Disney Stamps Question

Old August 24th 05, 03:48 AM
W Klofkorn

Default Disney Stamps Question

I was wondering (pardon my ignorance) but how is it that profit-making
enterprise (i.e. Disney, Inc) gets to have their jealouly gaurded
intellectual property conveniently advertised on USPS stamps? Last I
recalled that sort of thing was verboten. I mean ya had to be dead to get on
a stamp & so forth -- no financial gain. Walt may be long dead, but Disney
Inc goes to extreme lengths to maintain continued economic viability of
their tradmarked characters, some of which appear on these stamps. What
gives?

Thank you for your tolerance.

--
"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book. Inside of a dog, it's too
dark to read."

Remember to remove the "NoSpam" from my return e-mail address before
replying.

Old August 26th 05, 01:59 AM

If you run a business would you turn down free advertising? =20

Maybe the USPS paid royalties for the use of images?

You will have to contact Disney and the USPS to find the final answer.

--=20
Just my 2=A2 worth,
Jeff

"W Klofkorn" wrote in message =
|I was wondering (pardon my ignorance) but how is it that profit-making =

| enterprise (i.e. Disney, Inc) gets to have their jealouly gaurded=20
| intellectual property conveniently advertised on USPS stamps? Last I=20
| recalled that sort of thing was verboten. I mean ya had to be dead to =
get on=20
| a stamp & so forth -- no financial gain. Walt may be long dead, but =
Disney=20
| Inc goes to extreme lengths to maintain continued economic viability =
of=20
| their tradmarked characters, some of which appear on these stamps. =
What=20
| gives?
|=20
| Thank you for your tolerance.
|=20
| --=20
| "Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book. Inside of a dog, =
it's too=20
| dark to read."
| -- Groucho Marx
|=20
| Remember to remove the "NoSpam" from my return e-mail address before=20
| replying.=20
|=20
|=20