$1000 1934 Hawaii Note?

Old January 16th 04, 05:20 AM
Greg

Default $1000 1934 Hawaii Note?

Newbie, forgive me please if this seems like a dumb question

I haven't been able to find any information on a note we have. It's a
$1000 bill from San Francisco and has the words Hawaii on the left and
right of the front and in Large, outlined letters across the back. It
has some signs of wear and I guess we should have it proffessionally
appraised. Any recommendations for Southwest Chicago of where to get
trustworthy, good appraisals?

Thanks!
Old January 16th 04, 05:39 AM
whohah

Howdy, Greg, & welcome to r.c.p-m.!!

No such note ever issued... If it has green seals and numbers, its an
altered note.

OTH, if you left a decimal out of your description of the note and it has
Hamilton on the front and it has brown seals and numbers, it is worth
between $25 to 'a lot more' depending on its condition. Paper collectors
are really picky when it comes to condition...

Jay in Garrison, TX

reply, if ya' wanna, to

om...

Old January 16th 04, 03:33 PM
Vinkjm

No $1000 bills were made,My guess its a $10 note Most are quite common
The star notes have a nice premium
condition of your note means a lot
These are ww2 notes
Go to the coin show in lemont ,its the 1st sunday of the month . ask the
dealers
Old January 16th 04, 04:20 PM
Coin Saver

From: vinkjm

$1000 1934 Hawaii Note ... No $1000 bills were made, My guess its a $10

note

There were Series 1934, 1934-A, and 1934-C $1000 Notes printed, Krause-Lemke
Catalogue Nos. 2997 through 3021; none were overprinted with "HAWAII" on the
reverse, although it's possible that someone added that later (not the BEP).

8-]
Coin Saver