2009 American Silver Eagle Proofs & Lincoln Commemorative

Old March 12th 09, 04:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

Default 2009 American Silver Eagle Proofs & Lincoln Commemorative

According to the US Mint website they are suspended indefinitely due to a
shortage of silver blanks which are all being allocated to the bullion
strikes. :-/

And they STILL have not shipped any Lincoln commemoratives. The date has
changed so many times it is just silly. I am starting to wonder if the
production of these is going to be cut short.

Old March 12th 09, 12:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

On Mar 11, 11:05*pm, "PC" wrote:
According to the US Mint website they are suspended indefinitely due to a
shortage of silver blanks which are all being allocated to the bullion
strikes. *:-/

And they STILL have not shipped any Lincoln commemoratives. *The date has
changed so many times it is just silly. *I am starting to wonder if the
production of these is going to be cut short.

I received both Lincoln comms this week.

Jim
Old March 12th 09, 01:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj[_2_]

"PC" wrote in message
According to the US Mint website they are suspended
indefinitely due to a shortage of silver blanks which are
all being allocated to the bullion strikes. :-/

And they STILL have not shipped any Lincoln
commemoratives. The date has changed so many times it is
just silly. I am starting to wonder if the production of
these is going to be cut short.

If you mean the Lincoln $1 silver proofs, I got my 3 last
week, others got them even earlier.

I have a standing subscription for 3 AES $1 every year so I
don't worry about getting my order in. If the Mint does it
rationally - not a foregone conclusion - subscription orders
ought to be filled first.

Old March 12th 09, 03:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_10_]

On Mar 12, 7:03*am, "mazorj" wrote:

If you mean the Lincoln $1 silver proofs, I got my 3 last
week, others got them even earlier.

Damn! I ordered my within MINUTES of them going on sale. They still
have not shipped. Sheesh.

I have a standing subscription for 3 AES $1 every year so I
don't worry about getting my order in. *If the Mint does it
rationally - not a foregone conclusion - subscription orders
ought to be filled first.

Yes that would make sense... but we are talking about the US Mint ;-)
Old March 12th 09, 04:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"PC" wrote in message
On Mar 12, 7:03 am, "mazorj" wrote:

If you mean the Lincoln $1 silver proofs, I got my 3 last
week, others got them even earlier.

Damn! I ordered my within MINUTES of them going on sale. They
still
have not shipped. Sheesh.

I ordered on 2/13/09, they shipped 2/26/09, arrived 3/3/09.

I have a standing subscription for 3 AES $1 every year so I
don't worry about getting my order in. If the Mint does it
rationally - not a foregone conclusion - subscription orders
ought to be filled first.

Yes that would make sense... but we are talking about the US Mint
;-)

I think the Mint is just following a Congressional mandate, but
where's the logic in giving priority allocation of AES planchets to
common bullion coin production when they can turn a pretty penny for
the Treasury by diverting a few hundred thousand of the current stock
to proofs and uncirculateds for collectors? Yes, they were originally
intended to be bullion products, but still...

Old March 13th 09, 04:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"mazorj" wrote in message

"PC" wrote in message
On Mar 12, 7:03 am, "mazorj" wrote:

If you mean the Lincoln $1 silver proofs, I got my 3 last
week, others got them even earlier.

Damn! I ordered my within MINUTES of them going on sale. They still
have not shipped. Sheesh.

I ordered on 2/13/09, they shipped 2/26/09, arrived 3/3/09.

Yesterday I still had the option to cancel. Today I do not. That usually
means they have shipped or will in a couple days. Hooray!