FA: Set of Circulation Ikes

Old August 23rd 03, 07:26 PM
Art O'Connell

Default FA: Set of Circulation Ikes

OK gang. It had to happen sooner or later. So here's my very first coin
auction on eBay - actually the third thing I've ever listed for sale with
eBay. All three listed today.

Please take a look and feel free to critique. I didn't do pics because I
fooled around with my camera for a while, but couldn't get anything that
wouldn't be deceiving as far a the condition of the coins.

Wish me luck.

Art

Old August 23rd 03, 08:29 PM
Art O'Connell

Sorry, forgot to post the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...y=11 981&rd=1

Art
eBay id=Art02003

ink.net...

Old August 24th 03, 06:42 PM
Coin Saver

From: "Art O'Connell"

here's my very first coin auction on eBay - Please take a look and feel free

to critique. I didn't do pics because I fooled around with my camera for a
while, but couldn't get anything that wouldn't be deceiving as far a the
condition of the coins.

a link or web adress might be nice ... or at least an item number ...

8-/

Coin Saver
Old August 24th 03, 08:04 PM
Art O'Connell

Sorry, left the link off the original post. I posted it as soon as I
realized my error. Here it is again. Thanks for the help.

Old August 24th 03, 10:16 PM
George D

Art O'Connell wrote:
OK gang. It had to happen sooner or later. So here's my very first coin
auction on eBay - actually the third thing I've ever listed for sale with
eBay. All three listed today.

Please take a look and feel free to critique. I didn't do pics because I
fooled around with my camera for a while, but couldn't get anything that
wouldn't be deceiving as far a the condition of the coins.

Wish me luck.

Art

I will be watching this with interest. I have a roll set of these coins as you described them.

Are your 1976 ones type one or type two?

--
George D
Phoenix, AZ

AAA, AARP, ANA, NRA, RCC ?+1, PIA, PIAAZ, GATF 85006-3032-18-4

The reward for a good deed is to have done it.

Please use this address to mail me. Or remove the arizona in the link.
Remember there is no Arizona.

ALL emails incoming and outgoing are run thru Norton and AVG anti virus.

Old August 25th 03, 02:54 AM
George D

Art O'Connell wrote:
I went through hundreds of 76 Ikes -- literally hundreds and never found
one that I would say was a TI or TII. (At least from the pics in the Red
Book that I was looking at). So my honest answer is, I do not know. Probably
a mix.

I went through several thousand dollars worth of Ikes and put together only
six complete sets. Most of the coins were in pretty lousy shape. Very baggy,
lots of gouges. Had a number of UNC with big face gouges. I put the sets
together by cherry picking these rolls that I got from an guy in town. He
was getting rid of them and his Kennedy's. Had saved them in the late 1970s.
Frankly most of the stuff he saved was not really worth saving. (I got a
good number of his Kennedys as well). My main interest in putting together
the sets was (1) for me, (1) for my brother-in-law, and a few to offer to
some friends. I'm just selling the few that nobody really wanted to keep.

Art

Art I pretty much did the same thing. I did get a few rolls from someone here on RCC that were BU and I got one roll of BU
from the bank. other than that I just searched roll after roll from the bank and kept the better ones. Some of the dates wont
be solid rolls of EF but they are the best coins out of several thousand I looked thru.

Once you compare a type one with a type two you will see the difference immediately. The place I look is on the O of dollar
it is the best indicator.

Good luck on the auction.

Old August 25th 03, 03:43 AM
Art O'Connell

George,

Thanks for the O on dollar diagnostic. I'll dig through some of the
remaining Ikes this coming weekend and see if I can find any differences. It
would be good to have one of each for my collection.

Old August 25th 03, 04:00 AM
George D

"George D" wrote in message

Art O'Connell wrote:

[...]

If you can't find one let me know and I will get one in the mail to you.

Send me your snail mail of course. : ) (tm)

;.)

WBCC Newsmail 367 Martin Peeters Coins 0 August 23rd 03 07:41 AM
NGC now grades sealed Ikes Harv Coins 2 August 8th 03 05:42 PM
Circulation find report - 07/26/03 J. Tibbetts Coins 2 July 28th 03 10:54 PM
One Years Worth of Coin Finds from Circulation Scottishmoney Coins 1 July 24th 03 08:40 PM