Do you have material to sell, but no time to sell it ? Consignments wanted.....

Old February 3rd 08, 04:08 PM posted to alt.rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
Mark Bardell

Default Do you have material to sell, but no time to sell it ? Consignments wanted.....

Do you have any philatelic material that you are no longer in need of, but
do not have time to sell yourself ?

If so, then I am currently looking for consignments / collections to sell on
Ebay.

I've been doing this for 7 years with great success. My Ebay selling ID is
'cobbie10' and I have virtually 100% feedback with well over 20,000 sales
under my belt.

I accept any size consigment from a single sets, to one country collections,
to whole inventories.

I charge 25% of final value fee for my time and this includes all Ebay &
Paypal fees associated with the sale. I can turn around the average one
volume collection within a week of receving it - on average I can list 40
lots per day.

Before listing I will give you an estimate as to what I think your
collection would sell for and, if you are unhappy with this estimate, I will
return the consignment to you.

Either reply to this posting or, for anonimity, email me at cobbie10 @
verizon dot net.

I am located in Baltimore MD and are also able to pick up collections as
long as you are within an hours drive.

Mark Bardell.

www.cobbiestamps.com

Old February 3rd 08, 08:43 PM posted to alt.rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
David French

[...]

How can you manage this?

Let's say that you list an item with a start of under $10 and it sells for
$25. The final value fee is $1.31.

25% of that is 33 cents, but the listing fee is 40 cents!

You just -=lost=- 7 cents !

Add in ****pUnk and you're really in the hole!

Hmmmm.... Could it be that he charges 25% of the bid price,
as in: "I charge 25% (of final value) fee for my time".

In which case it may be a bit expensive!

David.

Old February 4th 08, 04:02 AM posted to alt.rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace, rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
TL

On Feb 3, 1:43 pm, "David French" wrote:
[...]

David,
The guy's 'fee' is 25% of the final value which you and any other
reasonable person knows he stated (I charge 'a' 25%-of-final-value
fee). Kaputnik is splitting hairs, as usual (hope he isn't a lawyer).
"Twist a pig's ear and watch him squeal" (Liam O'Bannon - Miller's
Crossing).
Considering that fees are over 10% and can be as much as 25% the guy
could lose money.
Now that eBay has raised their rates, it now makes perfect sense to
sell better material through live auction houses.
TL
Old February 4th 08, 06:09 PM posted to alt.rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
Mark Bardell

My fee is 25% of the final auction price.

So for a lot ending at $10 I would take $2.50 and, as pointed out earlier,
wouldn't make a whole lot of money, but certainly wouldn't lose any.

I think my original post was worded incorrectly - and I see that now by
reading it back.

At the end of the day, I probably make arond 12 - 15% of final selling fee
after I've paid Ebay and Paypal.

Mark.

&

Old February 23rd 08, 03:27 PM posted to alt.rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
JohnBuchan

Whatever Mr. Bardell may charge for all his work, he seems to be an extremely
good alternative to being swindled by the large so-called auction houses in
the USA!!

As so many articles have detailed, the major firms seem to be nothing but
crooks, as the constant charges by the FBI against the luminaries of philately
constantly remind us!!

Old March 25th 08, 07:03 PM posted to alt.rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
Abelstamps

The problem is that Bardell is quite paranoid and has many on this
blocked bidder list which really hurts anyone that consigns to him
because there are lots of .

Old March 25th 08, 10:06 PM posted to alt.rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
39Steps

Sure sounds like an unhappy competitor.

Mark is doing a great job for those of us who no longer trust the big scammers
and auctions.

Old April 3rd 08, 12:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
Dave Hamilton

I have been using Mark and am very pleased.
He just does what he says and my stuff sells with much less work on my
part

collection for sell 1970's-90's pics/prices of everything for sell [email protected] Baseball 0 May 26th 05 05:21 AM
Gold - time to buy or sell? stonej Coins 0 December 20th 04 10:49 AM
Time to Sell?? Jim W Coins 9 January 26th 04 05:38 PM
I gotta sell more Blizzards. I gotta sell more cones. I gotta sell more hamburgers. I gotta sell more Peanut Buster Parfaits. I gotta sell.... Bill Krummel Coins 9 October 7th 03 05:57 PM