$2

Old April 11th 07, 04:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
[email protected]

Default WARNING - $2

Daniel wrote:
A WARNING. If you live the Pontiac, Michigan area, and if you go to
the Old Country Buffet restaurant there, they may refuse to take
your $2 bills. That happened to me a few weeks ago. I was pretty
dumbfounded when it happened, and did not ask the manager at the
time. I called the next day and talk with "a manager", who said YES, they
do take $2 bills since they are "legal tender". He said the
casher probably never saw a $2 bills before. It is pretty amazing how
there are so many ignorant people out there in our society - Very
Scary
Dan

girlfriend and I went out of town Easter weekend, and we were both armed
with lots of $2s, and the new dollar coins.

we "spread the love" all over western Arkansas, and SW Missouri. no
problems with acceptance, or people not recognizing what they were

Old April 12th 07, 06:27 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Daniel

Good for you. I was out at a Target store today and the cashier just loved
when I gave her (4) fresh $2 bills. When I asked her what she was going to
do with them, she said "give them to her grandkids when they lose there
teeth" She also mentioned that they are valueble, since they do not print
them anymore. I laughed and just told her she can get as many as she wants
at the bank - they never stopped printing them.

Dan
le"

Old April 13th 07, 06:29 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Harvey

Tried to spend my $2s at Wal-Mart. Big conference ensued with the
supervisor called over. People were ticked behind me as the line built up.
Finally they decided to accept them. Same experience at Tops supermarket.
Twentyish cashier had never seen nor heard of them but finally did accept
them.

news:kYadnTzQBfm2XoDbnZ2dnUVZ_tGvnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...

Old April 13th 07, 09:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Padraic Brown

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 05:29:20 GMT, "Harvey"
wrote:

Tried to spend my $2s at Wal-Mart. Big conference ensued with the
supervisor called over. People were ticked behind me as the line built up.
Finally they decided to accept them. Same experience at Tops supermarket.
Twentyish cashier had never seen nor heard of them but finally did accept
them.

I'm wondering what parts of the country all these horrible problems
are encountered in. I've never experienced anything but glaze eyed
acceptance of any cash, $2 notes or otherwise.

Padraic

Old April 25th 07, 06:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Daniel

Maybe you should try a little harder to spend MORE $2 bills every day. I
guarantee you will find your share of "idiots" that seem to think $2 are
special, or are not printed anymore. You might even find a few people that
actually believe your $2 bill is FAKE and use that silly pen to check them
out, or even refuse to take them.

Dan

Old April 25th 07, 02:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Padraic Brown

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 01:36:13 -0400, "Daniel" dcxdanATyahooDOTcom
wrote:

Maybe you should try a little harder to spend MORE $2 bills every day.

Why?

I guarantee you will find your share of "idiots" that seem to think $2 are
special, or are not printed anymore. You might even find a few people that
actually believe your $2 bill is FAKE and use that silly pen to check them
out, or even refuse to take them.

I've spent enough in the area to conclude that they're accepted
without much comment beyond "oh I didn't know they still made these)
or "haven't seen one of those in a while" or the ubiquitious "been to
the race track?" and without any violent reaction (like calling in the
police).

Padraic

Dan

.. .

Old April 26th 07, 04:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Paul Anderson

In article ,
"Daniel" dcxdanATyahooDOTcom wrote:

Maybe you should try a little harder to spend MORE $2 bills every
day. I guarantee you will find your share of "idiots" that seem to
think $2 are special, or are not printed anymore. You might even find
a few people that actually believe your $2 bill is FAKE and use that
silly pen to check them out, or even refuse to take them.

Upon spending a $2 bill at a place I've never been to before, the clerk
yesterday had to ask his manager if they took $2 bills. The manager
said "yes" and muttered, shaking her head, "...these young people...".

I once asked a clerk, after she used the counterfeit-sniffing pen on a
$2 bill, if she did that for $5 bills too. Her answer was confusing,
and I asked her why she thought anyone would counterfeit a $2 bill.
She said they have received counterfeit $5s and $10s, but despite her
claims, I don't think she really ran the pen across every $5 and $10
she received. She was so desperately trying to make up for the fact
that she didn't know what she was talking about that she made no sense
at all.

I have never had anyone refuse to take a $2 bill. And if someone
doesn't know we still make them, I don't consider them an idiot, but
just say that yes, they never stopped making them and that I get them
all the time at the bank.

Paul

--
Paul Anderson