Croatian queries.

Old March 5th 06, 04:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Default Croatian queries.

I am cataloguing my Croatia Issues, and have lots of queries.
The first two:

http://cjoint.com/data/dfeERaKE00.htm
Any idea the artist of this work? (St Mary's Zagreb 1650)

The 10th anniv set, 1941-1951, I cannot find anywhere,
perhaps my SG simplified is not up to task, can anyone offer Cat Nums?
(I found the Yugoslav Postage dues "Franco", under Croatia)

Thanks

pookiethai at iprimus.com.au

Old March 5th 06, 09:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Rodney" wrote in message
...I am cataloguing my Croatia Issues,
and have lots of queries.
The first two:

http://cjoint.com/data/dfeERaKE00.htm
Any idea the artist of this work? (St Mary's Zagreb 1650)

The 10th anniv set, 1941-1951, I cannot find anywhere,
perhaps my SG simplified is not up to task, can anyone offer Cat Nums?
(I found the Yugoslav Postage dues "Franco", under Croatia)

Rodney,

The name of the painter is Vladimir Kirin. He was a painter from Croatia.

BTW, I own for a long time this stamp (not overprinted, if I remember well),
and I like it very much.

--
Victor Manta

Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old March 5th 06, 10:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Thanks Victor,
my first issue for this painter then!
(I have both std issue, and overprinted)
I thought it a little odd at first, St Mary's seems to not be the main
focus,
until I read up on "Cistercian", then it became clear.
The engraving shows a somewhat "cartoon" feel, I'll
search Google for perhaps a coloured version.
A most apt stamp I thought for a Philatelic Exhibition.

Old March 5th 06, 10:59 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

BTW, check for the engravers secret signature
on your copy, (in the window with the broken pane, and on the door
sign)

http://cadot.free.fr/croatie/expophilat.htm

It only appears at position 22
I don't have them on my copies

That's after a babelfish transaltion of the French
of the above link.

Old March 5th 06, 11:54 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

wrote in message
oups.com...

BTW, check for the engravers secret signature
on your copy, (in the window with the broken pane, and on the door
sign)

http://cadot.free.fr/croatie/expophilat.htm

It only appears at position 22
I don't have them on my copies

That's after a babelfish transaltion of the French
of the above link.

Interesting page Rodney, thanks! Such a pity that the background makes the
reading somehow difficult.

--
Victor Manta

Old March 6th 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

The stamp without red opt. was issued on
Sept 12, 1943 for the Croatian Phil. Society
Exhibition in Zagreb. (grey violet)
Perf 14.5 18k + 9k Scott B39
$3.00 mint $3.50 used

Ditto but on souvenir sheet but black-brown
Sept 12, 1943 Perf 12.5 18k + 9k Scott B40
cv $6.50 mint or used

#B39 overprinted in red per Rodney's scan
is Scott B40 - Sept 12, 1943
It commemorates return of the Dalmatian
coast to Croatia, cv $7.00 mint or used.

Blair

Old March 6th 06, 01:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

CORRECTION
==============
I MADE A TYPO ERROR IN THE SCOTT #
FOR THE THIRD STAMP. THE POST
SHOULD HAVE READ.

The stamp without red opt. was issued on
Sept 12, 1943 for the Croatian Phil. Society
Exhibition in Zagreb. (grey violet)
Perf 14.5 18k + 9k Scott B39
$3.00 mint $3.50 used

Ditto but on souvenir sheet but black-brown
Sept 12, 1943 Perf 12.5 18k + 9k Scott B40
cv $6.50 mint or used

#B39 overprinted in red per Rodney's scan
is Scott B41 - Sept 12, 1943
It commemorates return of the Dalmatian
coast to Croatia, cv $7.00 mint or used.

Blair

Hungary queries. Rodney General Discussion 6 October 20th 05 06:03 PM
Austria queries. Rodney General Discussion 19 March 28th 05 08:58 PM
Anyone ID this Croatian note? (Error note?) Kat Paper Money 2 January 23rd 05 04:32 AM
US queries. Rodney General Discussion 4 August 26th 04 06:38 AM
Binding Queries Tom L-M Books 2 May 17th 04 02:28 AM