Stamp Shows Canada+US - Blacklisting Edmonton?

Old April 23rd 06, 06:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace

Default Stamp Shows Canada+US - Blacklisting Edmonton? Good!

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 14:35:51 GMT, Asterix
wrote:

It seems that the poorly attened show this year may be the last one
for Edmonton.

Guess that enough dealers heeded the call for a boycott, and the lack
of good publicity discouraged so many potential attendees, that the
attendance was abysmal!

I'm taking a break from a heavy research paper, so I need an
unconscious diversion from the task at hand.

So, Mr. Asterix (who is not fooling anyone with his nym), did you
stand outside the Edmonton show with your sandwich board signs draped
around your neck, to show the entire world that you are removing all
doubt as to your sanity?

I can see Mr. Asterix in the shopping lines, instead of talking about
the weather or saying something nice to the person next to him, "Did
you hear about the Edmonton show this year?" Person next to him looks
extremely perplexed and backs away.

-Or- "Excuse me, I must check the rest room for those smart stamp
thieves. They could be just about anywhere, you know."

-Or- When Mr. Asterix goes to bed, he must play back a complete series
of his warnings, rants and diatribes on a tape player that loops.
This gives him the subliminal message and courage needed to keep the
faith in the morning.

-Or- While reading the morning paper, Mr. Asterix is disturbed not to
see anything about the Edmonton show and implications thereof, he must
hurry and post a message on rcsd so that he can feel in touch with the
media.

-Or- As Mr. Asterix walks his dog, of diminutive size no doubt, he
allows the dog to advertise for him about the show. Silent pride with
a task so great, he needs subordinates to dominate because of his
immense task at hand.

-Or- As Mr. Asterix sits down to dinner, he asks "Please pass the
Edmonton - oops - Worcestershire sauce please."

Mr. Asterix's walls must be plastered with used tickets and
memorabilia of the Edmonton show, neatly lined up as trophies of the
bygone good old days before the alleged thieves came to town.

On his daily errands, Mr. Asterix must be putting up billets whenever
possible, thinking that Joe Public truly cares about someone else's
stamp losses. He probably has been ticketed by the police for wanton
stapling of these posters on poor telephone poles.

Before he hops into his car, he checks the magnetic signs on the sides
of his car "Boycott Edmonton!" and the bumper stickers "Edmonton Sux!"
to see if they've been stolen or had graffiti written on them.

When Mr. Asterix looks in the mirror, he has a hard time shaving
because of the image of the Penny Black that keeps staring back at
him. How can we deface the Queen! :^P

One thing that Mr. Asterix cannot see is that the people of rcsd are
not duped, stumped or otherwise bewildered by this caped crusader of
stamp hobbyists. We realize that this person has a serious
obsessive-compulsive disorder and presents it here because of his true
fear of his real life.

Sad... If we were to take all of Mr. Asterix's postings, make a book
out of them and send them to a psychotherapist, he may be able to
diagnose a new disorder. But - why waste the time and effort? He has
no sense of reality, but rather would live in a fantasy world of his
choosing - the vaunted halls, bourse and rest rooms of the Edmonton
Show.

This is not a person who wants help, but needs help. Serious help. I
hope that someday he may get the help he justly deserves.

Back to the research paper now. By the way - it is about the
megalomaniacs, kleptocrats and other sordid and sundry peoples that
abused the Congo. This has been one of my collecting areas of choice.

I'll let Mr. Asterix keep collecting Edmonton...

=======================
Tracy Barber
-----------------------
adirondack-pc
-----------------------
"Freebie Stamp Project"
=======================

Old April 24th 06, 03:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 22:19:02 GMT, "Al G."
wrote:

You are feeding the trolls...

I know. Read the message... :^P

You've not needed a diversion?

=======================
Tracy Barber
-----------------------
adirondack-pc
-----------------------
"Freebie Stamp Project"
=======================
Old April 24th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 22:19:02 GMT, "Al G."
wrote:

You are feeding the trolls...
Al

Perhaps, but at the same time keeping awareness of the THIEVES
involved with Edmonton Stamps Show before the readers, who seem to
have heeded the warning to BOYCOTT the show!

All those dealers who have had their items stolen when they attended
the show in past years have also ensured that others were being
warned.

Old April 28th 06, 02:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace

The only theif at the show was a certain grossy taking time from dealers
when they wanted no part of the fool.

Old April 28th 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 08:19:47 -0500, Paul
wrote:

The only theif at the show was a certain grossy taking time from dealers
when they wanted no part of the fool.

And which dealers at the so-called show told you this fabrication,
Paul? Thanks for continuing the warnings.

Old April 29th 06, 04:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 15:04:54 -0700, J. A. Mc.
wrote:

At least the good news for this year is, no dealers who atteneded
reported to the police any thefts of their stock!!

Either that or no reputable dealers attended the so-called show!

It seems that the poorly attened show this year may be the last one
for Edmonton.

Guess that enough dealers heeded the call for a boycott, and the lack
of good publicity discouraged so many potential attendees, that the
attendance was abysmal!

Yep, typical Yuppie attitude ... don;t fix (or help fix) the problem,
-=kill=- the 'sufferer'!

Reporting on the ongoing thefts of out of town dealers, to discourage
attendance, is a good thing. People used to attend shows, for fun, NOT
TO HAVE THEIR MATERIAL STOLEN, probably by show insiders!!

Ah well, it's your Asterix.

Old April 29th 06, 11:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace

Al G. wrote:
You are feeding the trolls...

Al

Yes, Al, but in a very funny fashion.

Bill

Old May 5th 06, 06:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace

Our correspondent is, of course, the renowned "Grosvenor" the scourge
of normality everywhere and a thorn in the side of respectability and
responsibilty worldwide. His posts are to be seen on boards between
Vancouver and Vladivostok. I quote from a student of his rants (yes, I
believe there will shortly be a thesis completed on his behavious over
the past 10 years on the internet).
"Grosvenor, 48, has a criminal record for assault and
extortion, that he was diagnosed at Riverview Psychiatric
Hospital in British Columbia in 1973 as suffering from a
paranoid personality disorder, and that his harassment of
the Ghermezians is only the latest in a 20-year series of
vendettas against corporations and individuals, including
leading figures of the British Columbia legislature and
judiciary.[26]"

Says it all!