Freebie Stamp Project On Hold...

Old July 8th 05, 05:35 AM

Default Freebie Stamp Project On Hold...

As the subject states, the Freebie Stamp Project is on hold - at least
for 1 month.

I'll be moving within the next 2 weeks (forced move, no choice) and
won't have ANY time to answer ANY snail mail or check in here for
about 1 month.

Far too much to get into... Suffice it to say I have some physical
issues that need dealing with, along with the move. (Torn retina,
sleep apnea, need I say more?)

If those people who have put up ads about this on their web sites can
mention that I'll be out of commission until about August 15th, I'd be
grateful for the task.

Thanks for your time. Thanks to those that have supported me in all
my endeavors.

I "may" still have my mohawky e-mail address, but I'm not too sure.
My ISP connection gets cut off Monday.

This is a very challenging time for me... Everyone have a great time
stamping! I'll be thinking of ya...

=======================
Tracy Barber
-----------------------
adirondack-pc
-----------------------
"Freebie Stamp Project"
=======================
Old July 8th 05, 07:49 AM
Pierre COURTIADE

Thanks for this notice, Tracy.

Please come back with us as soon as possible.
All our best whishes for this difficult period.

--
Kind regards,

Pierre Courtiade
courtiade at free dot fr

Old July 8th 05, 08:53 AM
Victor Manta

wrote in message

[...]

The whole SNA will miss you a lot, and wishes you a fast recovery.

Come back soon!

--
Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://www.pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://www.values.ch/
Romania by Stamps: http://www.marci-postale.com/
Communism on Stamps: http://www.values.ch/communism/
Spanish North Africa: http://www.values.ch/sna-site/

Old July 8th 05, 12:53 PM
Ralphael1

Yo bro; sorry for the maladies. If it weren't for my advanced age I
would offer some assistence with the lifting and loading should you
need it. (Even pay my way up to your digs.)
Don't even think about me operating your freebie project, I haven't
forgiven you for not sending me The Netherlands. I should have my want
list complete by the time you are back. It is about 2 gigs so let me
know when you are ready to receive....ROTF

Ralph, the very OLD one

Old July 9th 05, 05:05 PM

On 8 Jul 2005 04:53:37 -0700, "Ralphael1" wrote:

Yo bro; sorry for the maladies. If it weren't for my advanced age I
would offer some assistence with the lifting and loading should you
need it. (Even pay my way up to your digs.)
Don't even think about me operating your freebie project, I haven't
forgiven you for not sending me The Netherlands. I should have my want
list complete by the time you are back. It is about 2 gigs so let me
know when you are ready to receive....ROTF

If anyone knows Ralph, this would be an extremely funny scene seeing
him ROTF !!!!! Thanks for the offer to help, but I think I can pack
up the stamp stuff without losing the eye. (Read about how torn
retinas become detached quickly)

Internet goes off on Monday, so I have a small reprieve until then.
No phone though... Times are tough. Even SNA's budget could get me
out now! hehehehehehehe... (Thanks for trying, Victor)

You guys (gals) keep me laughing. Even in some tough times. So, I
thank you all once again! :^)

=======================
Tracy Barber
-----------------------
adirondack-pc
-----------------------
"Freebie Stamp Project"
=======================
Old July 10th 05, 04:51 AM

As they say in New Mexico, Tracy, "Y'all come back." We'll all be
waiting to see that Mohawky moniker again, or whatever new incarnation
it might take with a new ISP.

I'm don't know if Tracy recalls it or not, but he was one of the very
first stamp collectors I ever corresponded with by e-mail. I found rcsd
through the Prince George [BC] Freenet, a text-only dial-up service
that introduced me to Usenet and the Internet. That must have been
about 1986 or 1987. We've been corresponding ever since, and I have
certainly seen my collection grow, and my philatelic knowledge improve,
as a result of knowing him. Our best story concerns a crash cover that
he sent me as a gift several years ago. It resulted in what is
certainly one of my most successful web pages, in terms of the people
it has touched, among them the son of the airliner's pilot, who
previously knew little the crash itself, mainly that it had destroyed
his father's career and pretty much ruined his family's life. You can
see the web page at http://www.ingraham.ca/bob/prestwick.html.
Remember, it all started with Tracy's generosity.

I'm not checking in as often with rcsd as I used to. I have become
heavily involved with my stamp clubl, the BC Philatelic Society, to the
point that it seems like a full-time job on some days. But I always
enjoy dropping in now and then to see what's cooking, and always
appreciate the help that Tracy and you other groupies offer when stamps
and covers get too darned puzzling for me to figure out.

Anyway, hang in there Tracy, and steer clear of imbibing too much creme
de fennec!

Bob

Old July 10th 05, 07:09 PM

On 10 Jul 2005 05:12:46 -0700, "Ralphael1" wrote:

wrote:
As they say in New Mexico, Tracy, "Y'all come back."

( as Tom Bodet of Motel 6 says; "We'll leave the light on for you.")

and as Tracy would say: snip, snip......

Kodos Bob for the post, I can relate to all said.

Anyway, hang in there Tracy, and steer clear of imbibing too much creme
de fennec!

I doubt Tracy can "belly up the bar" for more of this powerful potent.

Diet Root Fennec for me... :^)

"The Fennec"

=======================
Tracy Barber
-----------------------
adirondack-pc
-----------------------
"Freebie Stamp Project"
=======================
Old July 10th 05, 07:13 PM

On 9 Jul 2005 20:51:20 -0700, wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the memory. It has improved my life as well, in at least 1
special way. Improved friendships also, as mentioned. I just can't
help but get sad when thinking of the card, the date and so forth.

I'm going out to get a Diet Root Fennec right now... ! Thanks!

=======================
Tracy Barber
-----------------------
adirondack-pc
-----------------------
"Freebie Stamp Project"
=======================
Old July 10th 05, 09:31 PM
Ralphael1

snipped it all....
OK Mr. Barber, you better behave yourself and do everything the
doctors say....otherwise I will hunt you down like the dirty low life
some of the newsgroup posters portray you to be.
BTW, I found your source of Netherlands stamps so you lose my business.
Anyway, since you are now out of deep doo-doo with me, get well soon so
I can hairass you some more.:-)
You better send me an email first thing when you get back in
circulation and let me know if all is repaired and restored to a
reasonable working condition.

The OLD one