$20 Note with Error

Old April 8th 05, 08:34 AM
Mike Sommars

Default $20 Note with Error

I have a $20 paper note that has printing from the reverse on part of the
front (right side). I collect coins but not paper money and know next to
nothing about paper notes -- especially errors.

I posted a photo of it to alt.binaries.pictures.numismatic. Can anyone tell
me if it's worth anything? Should I get it certified?

Thanks.

Mike Sommars

Old April 8th 05, 01:12 PM
Shawn

id say its worth having it taken to a dealer or someone who knows value of
errors, thats quite significant.

news

Old April 14th 05, 05:52 AM
Ed. Stoebenau

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 07:34:59 GMT, "Mike Sommars"
wrote:

I have a $20 paper note that has printing from the reverse on part of the
front (right side). I collect coins but not paper money and know next to
nothing about paper notes -- especially errors.

I posted a photo of it to alt.binaries.pictures.numismatic. Can anyone tell
me if it's worth anything? Should I get it certified?

It's a partial offset from the back to the front, as can be seen
from the reversed image of the back. It certainly has value, but
I'm not sure how much off-hand. I see no reason to get it
slabbed however; its quite clear what it is and paper money
collectors like to look at and inspect their notes, which slabs
make much more difficult.

--
Ed. Stoebenau
a #143