$2 bills

Old September 24th 03, 02:43 PM
DavidJ

Default $2 bills

I have two $2 bills I'd like to sell one from series 1928 D and 1928 F
and I am not sure how to find out how much they are worth. both have
some writting on them and a crease through the middle. If you can help
me please let me know thanks for your time.
Old September 24th 03, 08:08 PM
Anonymous Joe

"DavidJ" wrote in message
om...
I have two $2 bills I'd like to sell one from series 1928 D and 1928 F
and I am not sure how to find out how much they are worth. both have
some writting on them and a crease through the middle. If you can help
me please let me know thanks for your time.

ebay will get you the most for each, but don't be surprised if they don't
sell for too much (maybe $30 for both? Better than the face of $4, but....).

One big thing to do is have scans of them, in a decent resolution, so ppl
know what they are getting. You will also want to give a grade on them, or
sell it as a "u-grade." If you just search ebay in the coins paper money
us, for "g" "vg" "f" "vf" then pick the category that your notes best fit in
(these are the grades, higher grades demand more money, but overgraded ones
will get less bids, and low grades won't get much money, so you should grade
what it really is...good, very good, fine, very fine....there's also
exteremly fine, about uncirculated, mint state, but there is 0 chance yours
is above very fine).

Just one thing to remember, you cannot take into account the age of the
notes, thinking that "well, it's pretty good for 75 years old." No, these
notes must be graded as if it were 1928 and you found this in your pocket
change. Think of the grungiest yuckiest note you've gotten in pocket
change, that's probably around G-4. Most of the money in your pocket is
probably in a F-VF grade. If it's white on the edges (mostly white anyways)
then it's probably less handled and less damaged, so it would grade XF,
maybe AU. A nice crisp new note from the bank without any folds or creases
or markings or anything is MS, atleast MS60, but probably more near MS64.
That's the same way these 1928 $2s are graded, and the same as the original
1862 notes would be graded.