How much (on average) have values changed in 5 years?

Old March 5th 13, 06:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
[email protected]

Default How much (on average) have values changed in 5 years?

On Wednesday, July 6, 2011 7:19:25 AM UTC-4, AL_n wrote:
I am a dealer in world paper money. In 2006 I shelved my dealing activities
due to other commitments. I have kept my stock and I'm now ready to start
dealing agian. Rather than re-price everything, note by note, according to
the latest Standard Catalog of World Paper Money, (which would take days) I
plan to simply add (or subtract) a percentage to all of my prices in one
easy spreadsheet operation. I wondered if anyone could tell me what would
be an appropriate percentage to add or subtract. In other words, how much ,
i=on average, have the values of pre-2006 world banknotes changed, on the
collectors' market since five years ago?

Thank you,
Al

A bit late to this, but here goes...

The short answer is that you simply can't generalize. The majority of modern notes will not change much one way or the other. Some will go up due to scarcity; others down due to inflation. In general, the scarcer/rarer the note to begin with, the more significant the price rise. Honestly, if I were in your shoes, I'd do the homework. All it will take is a couple of notes to have significantly appreciated in value for it to be worth the effort.

Average Age sgt23 Coins 88 February 18th 08 06:22 AM
Lancaster, California- "hell on earth"- cost of living 22% higher than national average- health care 18% higher than average- overcrowded shithole ! Bill cigar Clinton 8 Track Tapes 3 May 23rd 07 04:14 PM
Lancaster, California- "hell on earth"- cost of living 22% higher than national average- health care 18% higher than average- overcrowded shithole ! Bill cigar Clinton 8 Track Tapes 2 May 23rd 07 03:34 PM
Lancaster, California- "hell on earth"- cost of living 22% higher than national average- health care 18% higher than average- overcrowded shithole ! Bill cigar Clinton 8 Track Tapes 0 May 22nd 07 01:46 PM
Yesterdays change find...much better than average Bruce Hickmott Coins 9 August 13th 03 03:07 AM