"Shill" bidding, or Idiots????????

Old May 23rd 04, 10:32 PM
Gene

Default "Shill" bidding, or Idiots????????

This note, if genuine retails around $750 in Uncirculated. Strange
bids..?? Huh??
Old May 24th 04, 06:08 PM
Coin Saver

From: Gene

This note, if genuine retails around $750 in Uncirculated. Strange bids..??

Huh??
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&item=39128556

87&rd=1

Not so strange. On May 17th, coolwelder (the first bidder) bid a max of $200;
M22249 bid $25 on the 18th, then on the 19th bethigh2003 began with a $27 bid -
he was outbid, of course as the proxy took over.

bethigh then kept bidding in increments till he found coolwelders top bid. So
cool welder rebid some amount over 3,050. bethigh went back, trying to outbid
him again, but gave up at $3,000.

thats how proxy bids work (and look)

8-|
- Coin Saver

Old May 24th 04, 08:14 PM
Gene

On 24 May 2004 17:08:52 GMT, ojunk (Coin Saver)

From: Gene

This note, if genuine retails around $750 in Uncirculated. Strange bids..??

Huh??
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&item=39128556
87&rd=1

Not so strange. On May 17th, coolwelder (the first bidder) bid a max of $200;
M22249 bid $25 on the 18th, then on the 19th bethigh2003 began with a $27 bid -
he was outbid, of course as the proxy took over.

bethigh then kept bidding in increments till he found coolwelders top bid. So
cool welder rebid some amount over 3,050. bethigh went back, trying to outbid
him again, but gave up at $3,000.

thats how proxy bids work (and look)

8-|
- Coin Saver

I fully understand how Proxy bidding works, I have been on eBay over 7
years..... Its just strange to see a $700 item bring over 4 times its
value, with many of the same item available (then and now) on eBay for
the bidders to see.. (??????) Many times this is one of the bidders
helping the seller.... Gene

Old May 26th 04, 03:32 PM
Ned Flanders

Gene wrote in message ws.com...
This note, if genuine retails around $750 in Uncirculated. Strange
bids..?? Huh??

I have had the same thing occur with my auction—my item sold for fifty
dollars and the exact item in the same condition ended without a
single bid--with a starting price of one dollar. The person had about
200 more feedbacks than me too. So my vote is for idiots…

Cheers,

Ned

Ebay Liveauction Partner allows shill bidding! Unknown Coins 0 January 20th 05 02:43 AM
Booted from Ebay for shill bidding JSTONE9352 Coins 11 December 30th 04 12:58 AM
Auction Bidding Help f b Coins 16 December 13th 04 02:21 PM
Shill bidding? RW Julian Coins 3 September 23rd 04 02:27 AM
Shill Bidding Sandra Wise Coins 2 August 15th 03 07:44 PM