Question

Old June 28th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,soc.culture.greek,soc.culture.mongolian,soc.culture.turkish

Default Question

http://snipurl.com/mwah

http://snipurl.com/dilp

http://seanie.eu

gogu wrote:
? "choro-nik" ?????? ??? ??????
.uk...
"gogu" wrote in message
? "choro-nik" ?????? ??? ??????
. uk...
"gogu" wrote in message

=============

Copied and pasted passage omitted by gogu.....

No, I'm not wrong. And If I search for more, I will
find out that the word "hatir" comes from the
ancient aramaic, and if I search a little more,
I will find out that the aramaic language comes
from the Greek language, and then you won't
be happy.

And why don't you?

'Cause you ****?!

===================
Above passage copied and pasted from my previous posting which you
discarded, thus quoting me out of context. It is obvious to anybody that
she
("Karipidu Marianna") was being rude, very rude and very discourteous to
me.
If she has proof, let her provide the proof. If she hasn't, then she'd
better shut up.

????
Why she was "discourteous" to you?!
She said she can do something, you could ask her to prove her sayings!
But replying calling her a "****", well, that's above my understanding...

'Cause you ****?!

This is the bit that you quoted from my posting, thus quoting me out of
context!!!

Nope, I stand in what I wrote above!
What was the reason to call her that way?!
Do you really believe that what she said "entitles" you to reply in that
manner?...

You do take everything seriously, don't you, gogu?

Not at all when they are coming from a***les but when they come from
people
I use to have a certain respect, then yes, I do take everything
seriously!
There are so few Greeks and Turks to be able to talk, so it's
discouraging
to see that even those "moderates" gradually they are slipping to the
extremes...

I can say the same thing about you.

No, you can't!
I never gave you such a motive!

I certainly am not slipping into
extremes. In fact I am trying hard not to slip to extremes in view of the
great provocations I am facing by extremists on your side.

Yeah sure, and they are saying the same about you, so what is the
solution?...

Hey, you sensitive soul! You don't know Cypriots yet. Greek or Turk they
are or rather they can be rather rude and crude. For us it is an art
form.
You mainlanders are cold fish when it comes to cracking rude jokes
amongst
friends.

Something tells me that I must take this with much precaution...
Sorry but I don't believe it.
I can be rude, too, if I want it but I try to keep a level with certain
persons.
Obviously those persons don't think the same...
Pity.

There is no harm in occasional throwing caution to the winds, as they say.

Well, if you say so....
But I still disagree.

Greeks can be rude, too, even in a sophisticated manner as you say but
the
question here is not if they can be or not
rude, the question is what was your motivation to use the c word with
Marianna who at the bottom line was polite with you?!

I felt she was being extremely discourteous to me especially since she had
no proof that I was wrong in stating that "hatir" is a Turkish word.

Not true!
You throw the "c" word at her face, *before* asking her to provide proof of
what she said!
And even if she sustained something you disagree, I don't fond it enough
cause to treat her that way!
Sorry...

As for your obsession that she is the old Marina (yes, I remember her, I
also
remember you making the same remark to Marianna some time ago...) I can
assure you she is not!
Marianna is a Pontian Greek just like me, Marina was not.

I may be wrong. I freely admit that. But somehow there was a similarity
between their attitude towards me.

She spoke with me in Pontian, so she can't be Marina which IIRC was a
Cypriot, right?...

It is a very highly developed art form which you can observe from time
time on stc providing you know Turkish of course.

:-)
I do my best but I don't want to give up all my qualities;-)

It is healthy to throw caution to the winds sometimes. And the anonymity
of
the Usenet provides that opportunity. In real life we are all, I would
hope,
a bit more careful about what we say.

I was trying to say that I *do* understand some Turkish!

You obviously don't know Cypriots

I know them a bit but yes, I am not saying I am an expert on them.

It is not enough just to know a Cypriot or two.

Well, more like 20 or 30 but I say that the numbers do not count.
I lived in the same flat for about six months with a Cypriot, so I assume I
know them a bit...

You have to be very close to
them before they will reveal their innate "abilities".

I was.
I had a Cypriot g/f at that time:-)

choro, now I am *sure* you know almost nothing about Greeks:-)))

If you say so...

Your assertions are driving me to that conclusion!

And we DO have a rude but healthy sense of humor.

So do we but we are trying (at least me) not to show it here and
especially with
persons that haven't offended me!
As for Marianna understanding your strange idea about humor, just read
her
replies to me and you'll see she is not understands/appreciates your
"humor" at all...

She was rude to me,

No, she was not.
Only you perceived what she said that way.
Now note, you were saying you have the sense of humor, so if she says it was
a humorous answer how you will defend your reaction?...
Or maybe you think you only have the right to "humor" but nobody else?...

so I returned her sentiments in rather cruder terms,

Which is correct in your book?...
I think not!

I say that we have many rude people in here, at least let's try and keep
lever between people who are not rude, is this so bad?!!!

I only gave her the "lever" she deserved.

I don't think so, but hey, I don't expect you to admit you were wrong, you
are a Cypriot after all;-)))
(BTW, I haven't met more stubborn people in my life!).

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

Coins, travels and mo http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/golanule/my_photos
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html

--
choro-nik