American Indian Silver Dollars

Old December 29th 04, 01:04 AM
Edward McGrath

Default American Indian Silver Dollars

A few years ago some of you might remember the Shawnee Indian nation
minted the first American Indian silver dollars. I just got my monthly
Coast to Coast coin magazine and came across another native American
Indian tribe who are minting their own silver dollars. The Poarch Creek
Indian Nation has two Silver dollars available. One coin is a "Peace
Dollar" dated 2004 and the other is a "Dancing Chief" Dollar dated 2004
both silver dollars come in BU and Proof. I wonder if this will become a
trend where every American Indian tribe will be selling their own silver
dollars. Ed

Old December 29th 04, 01:40 AM
Larry Louks

"Edward McGrath" wondered:
I wonder if this will become a trend where every American Indian
tribe will be selling their own silver dollars.

Heck, they might as well. If they produce an attractive coin, there are
those who will be happy to buy them...

Larry

Old December 29th 04, 02:34 AM
Edward McGrath

Larry wrote: If they produce an attractive coin. snip IMO the Shawnee
tribe have the Poarch tribe beat in attractive coins : )

Old December 29th 04, 05:18 PM
John Mason

Edward McGrath wrote:
A few years ago some of you might remember the Shawnee Indian nation
minted the first American Indian silver dollars. I just got my monthly
Coast to Coast coin magazine and came across another native American
Indian tribe who are minting their own silver dollars. The Poarch Creek
Indian Nation has two Silver dollars available. One coin is a "Peace
Dollar" dated 2004 and the other is a "Dancing Chief" Dollar dated 2004
both silver dollars come in BU and Proof. I wonder if this will become a
trend where every American Indian tribe will be selling their own silver
dollars. Ed

Edward,

Do oyu have a website that we can go and look at these Silver Dollars?
Thanks

--
Your Friend in Gold Mining............... John

Artifical Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity
Old December 29th 04, 10:21 PM

John Mason wrote:
Do oyu have a website that we can go and look at these Silver

Dollars?
Thanks

I just googled them, and they're at kelleyscoins.com and coinland.com

I think I may just pick up silver proofs of the first years of both ;-)

Old December 29th 04, 11:12 PM
Lawrence Sayre

For example:
http://www.coinland.com/show_category.asp?parent_id=19&category_id=67

Rather attractive and they don't seem to be exhorbitantly priced
either.

About three times the going price for a nice 1 Troy ounce .999 silver
round, as I see it.

Lawrence Sayre

--
My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as
a moral being, with his own happiness as the moral

Ayn Rand (in the appendix to 'Atlas Shrugged')

Old December 29th 04, 11:14 PM
Padraic Brown

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 12:18:45 -0500, John Mason
wrote:

Edward McGrath wrote:
[...]

Padraic.

la cieurgeourea provoer mal trasfu
ast meiyoer ke 'l andrext ben trasfu.
Old December 30th 04, 04:46 AM
Padraic Brown

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 23:12:40 GMT, Lawrence Sayre
wrote:

For example:
http://www.coinland.com/show_category.asp?parent_id=19&category_id=67

Rather attractive and they don't seem to be exhorbitantly priced
either.

About three times the going price for a nice 1 Troy ounce .999 silver
round, as I see it.

Sure -- you can get random silver rounds at wholsesale for about $7. I
suspect that you might be able to even find these rounds in a
secondary market for that price. Nevertheless...

Old December 31st 04, 12:41 AM
Ed Kelley

From what I understand, that is the plan. I know Kelley's Coins is one of
the key dealers involved and actually has 2 coins out of a total of 7 made
that only 1 or 2 other dealers will ever have due to a special arrangement.
Kelley's Coins has all 7 of them. The coins from the Creek Indians can be
found he
http://www.kelleyscoins.com/silver/american/creek.asp

Old January 4th 05, 02:43 AM
Randy Thompson

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 21:34:07 -0500, (Edward
McGrath) wrote:

Larry wrote: If they produce an attractive coin. snip IMO the Shawnee
tribe have the Poarch tribe beat in attractive coins : )

Since you mentioned the Shawnee coins....

I bought one of the 2003 MS Shawnee coins last year at issue price
(about $20). But look what I picked up on ebay last week.

It just arrived today. This is the 2002 proof issue. It also came
with the CoA and a felt pouch. These are selling on dealers sites in
the $50 range (at least that's what they are asking).

The SBA is just a bonus and it also came with the case and CoA.

--
Randy