FS:65, 66 & 67 SMS + BONUS

Old March 11th 06, 04:15 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default FS:65, 66 & 67 SMS + BONUS

I have a 1965, 1966 & 1967 Special Mint Set that I no longer need.

The coins are in their original mint packages and do not have any toning,
spots or flaws.

I would like to offer these to my fellow members of the R.C.C. group.

I know this is {NOT} an auction forum, but this is what I would like to do.

I {WILL} accept the highest offer for these three sets placed on this
newsgroup.

Here's how it works.

To keep it fair and square, post your offer on the newsgroup anytime from
03-11-06 through 03-18-06 {Ending at midnight}.

This way everyone will see what the highest price offered has been.

If your initial offer has been beat, you are welcome to place another offer.

I will accept payment via PayPal, Money Order or Personal check {Check must
clear bank before items are sent}.

If you are the winner of this offer, and you are not happy with the items.

I {WILL} return your money minus the shipping.

Shipping & insurance for these items will be a flat $5.25 for U.S. Priority
Mail and $12.99 for international.

Payment must be in U.S. dollars.

BONUS:

As a bonus, I will include a circulated set of the 1999-P State Quarters in
a Whitman Plastic Holder, a $1.90 value {face value plus holder}.

Contact me via e-mail at:

Call me at: {252} 241-0926

Write me at: Daniel Peart
P.O. Box 425
Newport, NC 28570

PayPal Account:

TIA,

Daniel :-}

Old March 11th 06, 06:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Daniel :-}" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Daniel,

Just wondering, this may not be the best forum for a live auction
with all the trolling going around lately, might it be better to just
have a best offer emailed to you directly? Or both? Verification otherwise
might be a bear... (I think I see the writing on the wall here..)

Anyway I believe these are the mint sets you have if anyone needs a pic:
http://tinyurl.com/hrmpd

JMHO - Good Luck
-Ron B.

Old March 11th 06, 06:50 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Ron Buelow" wrote in message

"Daniel :-}" wrote in message
[...]

Ron:

You are correct. These are the sets I have.

As I stated. this might not be the forum for something like this but, I
still would like to offer these to anyone here.

Some of the trolls might submit an offer but the proof is if they send the
money.

If not, it moves to next highest offer. That's how I will handle the trolls.

Thanks

Daniel :-}

Old March 11th 06, 03:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

A lot of rcc'ers express reluctance to bid against other rcc'ers. It will
be interesting to see how this goes. I will place a bid for $24.15 I am
betting my bid is sniped. 8)

Bill Krummel

Old March 11th 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"linxlvr" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 04:15:35 +0000, Daniel :-} wrote:

I have a 1965, 1966 & 1967 Special Mint Set that I no longer need.

The coins are in their original mint packages and do not have any toning,
spots or flaws.

I would like to offer these to my fellow members of the R.C.C. group.

I know this is {NOT} an auction forum, but this is what I would like to
do.

8----------------------------------------------
Daniel :-}

I'm probably just being a jerk today, but;
I don't think the NG should be turned into an auction place. As much as I
hate paying fees for using auction venues, that's the way it goes.

An "FS:" is a specific prefix meaning "For Sale", which would inply a
predetermined price.

--
dw

My intent was not to turn the NG into an auction place, nor am I trying to
avoid paying any fees.

I just wanted to offer these items to any interested member of the NG and
let them decide what the selling price should be.

You are correct on both of your points. However, when something is offered
"For Sale" it does not always imply that a "Fixed" price has been set.

When something is "Sold", it is done on the basis of what a willing seller
will accept and what the willing buyer will pay.

Daniel :-}

Old March 12th 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"linxlvr" wrote in message
news

I'm probably just being a jerk today, but;
I don't think the NG should be turned into an auction place. As much as I
hate paying fees for using auction venues, that's the way it goes.

I agree, but not about the "jerk" part. This newsgroup auction stuff could get out
of hand quickly.

jim menning

Old March 12th 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Bill Krummel wrote:

A lot of rcc'ers express reluctance to bid against other rcc'ers. It will
be interesting to see how this goes. I will place a bid for $24.15 I am
betting my bid is sniped. 8)

Bill Krummel

Yep... as a nice rcc'er I'll bid $14. Hell, I'll go as low as $0 just
for you.

Mike