1015 OMT's on Ebay from Germany

Old June 1st 05, 06:42 AM
PeteB

Default 1015 OMT's on Ebay from Germany

Just curious...does anyone have any info good/bad about these Wurlitzer OMT
jukeboxes that keep popping up on ebay? They're sold out of Germany
supposedly for about $4,000 'buy it now'... Seen them close as low as
$2,000+shipping.. just curious what the story with these was...something
just seem a bit odd about it to me...

Pete

Old June 1st 05, 10:42 AM
Keith Stelter

At least some of them are a scam. I don't know which specific auction you
are talking about, but there have been some recently with a $2,500.00 buy it
now price that supposed to INCLUDE shipping to the US.
I got curious about one of them and started emailing the guy. He would only
take Western Union payment, and the pictures and text in the auction were
EXACT copies of another auction from a known legitimate seller.
We traded a few emails back and forth until I emailed him saying that I had
a business associate in Germany who would inspect and pick up the machine
for me and give him cash at that time. All of a sudden the replies from him
stopped.

Old June 1st 05, 11:44 AM
Robert Aker

Stay away from the OMTs - buy a Rowe. In my area there are several OMTs
that are just sitting because no one can get them to work.

Old June 1st 05, 12:32 PM
Laamaman

This guys a scammer. What you will notice is the guy only takes western
union and you post the cash to Italy! He sold me the same machine twice in
less then 5 minutes!. In the UK he is using a Rockola Capri and selling for
about half normal price to get you interested. The easy answer is not to pay
with western union unless it is a family member or good friend.

Old June 1st 05, 04:01 PM
PeteB

I did some digging on past auctions and at earlier on, he didn't make the
auctions private and i was able to contact a couple folks in the US that had
completed auctions with him. Evidently he sells other items (pinball parts,
etc) and the auctions go through, so he keeps some positive feedback going,
although most of it is in germany with postive answers. I contacted a few
of the "Wurlitzer 1015" winners and one wrote me back that he's not actually
selling an original wurlitzer, but a 3/4 scaled down one from Germany. He
said that he was extremely disappointed in it, that he was being deceitful
trying to convince folks this was the original full size OMT, and then he
turned his song around and said that he'd offer them a partial refund if
they would leave him positive feedback. He did so, then they never heard
from him again, and no refund of anykind. Now he's stuck working things out
with ebay and paypal.

One other person had it shipped and it ended up being $270 more than his
estimates listed on the ebay ad, which weren't exactly "Cheap" to begin
with. Cheaper compared to buying a new *real* wurlitzer, yes... but again,
this wasn't a real full size wurlitzer anyhow...

Pete

Old June 1st 05, 04:01 PM
PeteB

I just don't like the Rowe style as much...I'd even be interested in a
broken OMT and work on fixing it or converting it to some sort of custom
player...i'm not putting it on a location or anything, just in the game
room...

Pete

Old June 1st 05, 06:53 PM
John Robertson

"PeteB" wrote in message
Just curious...does anyone have any info good/bad about these Wurlitzer

OMT
jukeboxes that keep popping up on ebay? They're sold out of Germany
supposedly for about $4,000 'buy it now'... Seen them close as low as
$2,000+shipping.. just curious what the story with these was...something
just seem a bit odd about it to me...

Pete

Hi Robert,

If you are looking to make some money you can consult with me about
those sick OMT's. They are usually quite easy to fix. I have some tech
info on www.flippers.com/wurlitzr.html

John :-#)#
--
(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup) John's
Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call