AMI Jukebox Value

Old February 26th 07, 11:06 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Radiola

Default AMI Jukebox Value

Hello All,

I'm about to take my first plunge into the world of Juke Box repair
and restoration, maybe. I have the opportunity to own an AMI jukebox
like the one pictured in the link. It's the G120 model, or very close
to it.

http://tomszone.com/Photos/AMI/AMI_G_55.html

Operating condition is not very well known. Owner says it lights up,
but doesn't know much about it.

So what should I expect to pay for something like this assuming it
needs restoration? What could I get for it restored and working? I
am into old radios and phonos mostly now, so the electronics I know I
could handle, but the mechanics may be another thing.

Thanks for your information and for reading.

GB

Old February 27th 07, 02:14 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Coinopwarehouse

I would try and be in it around $200 or $250 as they aren't too
desirable.

Old February 27th 07, 02:51 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Radiola

On Feb 26, 7:14 pm, "Coinopwarehouse"
wrote:
I would try and be in it around $200 or $250 as they aren't too
desirable.

Wow, that's about the price this person wants to part with it for. I
thought they would be worth allot more. I mainly want it not for
resale value, but just to have the experience of working on it,
getting some experience.

Appreciate your feedback.

GB

Old February 27th 07, 03:27 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
toucanf16

The G120 is a great first jukebox to work on. It has a simple
mechanism and selector. The amp is simple and the best part is its oe
of the best sounding jukeboxes of the era. I'd jump on it.

Old February 27th 07, 04:08 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken G.

I restored 2 of those type AMI . They are fairly simple . It has 2
rubber belts under the turntable you will probably need to replace . A
good cleaning and carfull adjusting .

200$ is a bargain

Old February 27th 07, 11:18 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

wrote:

I would try and be in it around $200 or $250 as they aren't too
desirable.

Wow, that's about the price this person wants to part with it for. I
thought they would be worth allot more. I mainly want it not for
resale value, but just to have the experience of working on it,
getting some experience.

Appreciate your feedback.

GB

Then that is the perfect deal Go and buy it, and a manual, and
you will learn a lot from the experience.

Even if you do make a total mess of it (which Im' sure you won't), or
find that juke repair is not for you, you have only lost $200 and not
thousands.

One thing I would do is replace all the mains wiring in it before you
do anything else. It tends to go brittle and fall apart with age and
can be a fire/shock hazard. The wires that connect the carriage to
the mechanism also suffer metal fatigue from the constant bending and
break internally, causing problems too.

200 CD Jukebox anywhere? D'Archangel Juke Boxes 3 August 31st 06 02:17 AM
Is this a Good Jukebox? Crosley Full Size Jukebox CR-12-10 [email protected] Juke Boxes 1 May 31st 06 11:18 AM
A1 jukebox Ken G. Juke Boxes 4 July 27th 04 12:44 AM
AMI MM1 JUKEBOX EM PINBALL Juke Boxes 1 May 21st 04 12:18 PM
FS: new CD jukebox Jan Svach Juke Boxes 0 November 6th 03 01:27 AM