A collecting forum. CollectingBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CollectingBanter forum » Collecting newsgroups » Juke Boxes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Seeburg G HELP

Old March 11th 12, 09:24 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Seeburg G HELP

This is a very long story and I am so confused. I bought a Seeburg G with awful sound - low volume and no depth (sounds like am radio). So I send the amp out to be rebuilt and test the cartridge to make sure its good. Oh by the way the cartridge is a red head with t-shaped needles. The amp comes back and sounds no better but the amp rebuilder says the amp is from a "B". I also own a "C" with the same cartridge and the sound would blow you away. The amp guy suggests that I put the amp in my C and see waht happens. It sounds great, I put the C amp in the G and it sounds awful. So my question is how can I get the G with the B amp to have great sound? And why am I so confused?
Ads
Old March 12th 12, 07:33 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Oldtimejuker
external usenet poster

Default Seeburg G HELP

On Mar 11, 5:24*pm, " wrote:
This is a very long story and I am so confused. I bought a Seeburg G with awful sound - low volume and no depth (sounds like am radio). So I send the amp out to be rebuilt and test the cartridge to make sure its good. Oh by the way the cartridge is a red head with t-shaped needles. The amp comes back and sounds no better but the amp rebuilder says the amp is from a "B". I also own a "C" with the same cartridge and the sound would blow you away. The amp guy suggests that I put the amp in my C and see waht happens. It sounds great, I put the C amp in the G and it sounds awful. So my question is how can I get the G with the B amp to have great sound? And why am I so confused?

Did you swap the cartriges? Also I would do an ohms check of the
large speaker and the field coil. Ray
Old March 12th 12, 08:13 PM

First recorded activity by CollectingBanter: Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
If you not get any help here, I would suggest you try he http://lists.netlojix.com/mailman/listinfo/jukebox-list

This is a great place for getting help on your jukebox problems. Good luck
Old March 13th 12, 08:38 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Rob in NYC[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Seeburg G HELP

Is your 'good' sounding juke also using a redhead? The newer needles
for the red one (bent) are said to have very low output, the older
black cart would not suffer from this.

If that reveals nothing, take out the poor sounding speaker and
examine it for rubbing or loose voice coil and torn cone. try it on
the good sounding machine.

Also, examine the cable that comes from the mech to the amp. Look at