Rock-Ola turntable grommets

Old March 8th 11, 12:12 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tony Miklos[_2_]

Default Rock-Ola turntable grommets

Anyone know a cheap source for these grommets? (also used on many 45
turntables) I see Victory Glass has them for $2/piece, anyone much cheaper?

Tony
Old March 8th 11, 07:26 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
newtjr

On Mar 7, 7:12*pm, Tony Miklos wrote:
Anyone know a cheap source for these grommets? *(also used on many 45
turntables) *I see Victory Glass has them for $2/piece, anyone much cheaper?

Tony

Tony, I have a Rockola starlet. What symtoms do you have when they
need replaced? Thanks, Jerry
Old March 8th 11, 10:42 AM
Alan Hood Alan Hood is offline
Senior Member

Location: Sheffield UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtjr View Post
On Mar 7, 7:12*pm, Tony Miklos wrote:
Anyone know a cheap source for these grommets? *(also used on many 45
turntables) *I see Victory Glass has them for $2/piece, anyone much cheaper?

Tony

Tony, I have a Rockola starlet. What symtoms do you have when they
need replaced? Thanks, Jerry
Hi

$6.00 for another 20 years or so, I recon that is cheap.
They cost 5.2 Euro on the Stamann website www.jukebox-world.de for the three grommets.

Regards
Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
Old March 8th 11, 02:00 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tony Miklos[_2_]

On 3/8/2011 2:26 AM, newtjr wrote:
On Mar 7, 7:12 pm, Tony wrote:
Anyone know a cheap source for these grommets? (also used on many 45
turntables) I see Victory Glass has them for $2/piece, anyone much cheaper?

Tony

Tony, I have a Rockola starlet. What symtoms do you have when they
need replaced? Thanks, Jerry

Normally the record plays slow, sometimes you get a loud hum. If you
lift and remove the turntable you will find the motor hanging from 3
grommets. They should be soft and pliable. If they get hard you can
get the vibration from the motor finding it's way to the needle and
cartridge and you have a hum. Most of the time they deteriorate and the
motor starts to hang sideways, that's when it plays slow. If you change
them, don't loose the spacer inside of them. (I think I just saw John
mention that not long ago) And when you replace the turntable, push the
idler wheel (the rubber wheel) in and under the turntable or it won't
play at all.

Tony
Old March 8th 11, 02:02 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tony Miklos[_2_]

On 3/7/2011 7:12 PM, Tony Miklos wrote:
Anyone know a cheap source for these grommets? (also used on many 45
turntables) I see Victory Glass has them for $2/piece, anyone much cheaper?

Tony

Good Gawd! I found someone else selling them for $4.66 a piece!
Old March 8th 11, 03:21 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tony Miklos[_2_]

On 3/8/2011 5:42 AM, Alan Hood wrote:
newtjr;673935 Wrote:
On Mar 7, 7:12*pm, Tony Miklos wrote:-
Anyone know a cheap source for these grommets? *(also used on many 45
turntables) *I see Victory Glass has them for $2/piece, anyone much
cheaper?

Tony-

Tony, I have a Rockola starlet. What symtoms do you have when they
need replaced? Thanks, Jerry

Hi

$6.00 for another 20 years or so, I recon that is cheap.
They cost 5.2 Euro on the Stamann website www.jukebox-world.de for the
three grommets.

Regards
Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

I suppose you are right. But why pay $2/piece when I just found them
for $0.56 a piece. $4.95 per PKG of 9
Old March 8th 11, 05:23 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Oldtimejuker

newtjr;673935 Wrote:
On Mar 7, 7:12*pm, Tony Miklos wrote:-
Anyone know a cheap source for these grommets? *(also used on many 45
turntables) *I see Victory Glass has them for $2/piece, anyone much
cheaper?

Tony-

Tony, I have a Rockola starlet. What symtoms do you have when they
need replaced? Thanks, Jerry

Hi

$6.00 for another 20 years or so, I recon that is cheap.
They cost 5.2 Euro on the Stamann websitewww.jukebox-world.defor the
three grommets.

Regards
Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

I suppose you are right. *But why pay $2/piece when I just found them
for $0.56 a piece. *$4.95 per PKG of 9

Some more of us have Rock-Olas and like good parts prices. Why not
share your info? Ray
Old March 9th 11, 02:09 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tony Miklos[_2_]

newtjr;673935 Wrote:
[...]

I left it out just as a tease. Or maybe I should buy them and sell them
for $1.50? Nah, here you go

http://www.tubesandmore.com/

click on "Rubber & Antenna Items/Phono" then to "Motor Mounting Grommets".

I bought 3 packs of 9, I repair jukes for a living. So one could
imagine the reason I didn't want to pay $2 a piece. If I only needed
them for one juke it wouldn't be too bad, but the difference between
$14.85 and $56. is quite considerable.

Tony
Old March 11th 11, 02:55 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

newtjr;673935 Wrote:
[...]

Tony- Hide quoted text -

Many thanks to Tony and others for the grommet source tip. I need
these for my 1455. My metal spacers are missing, and would appreciate
information and /or a source on the proper size so I can either make
3, or buy them.

I also need the 2 smaller grommets for my tone arm which I am
rebuilding and repainting. The grommets crumbled when I disassembled,
but were very dry and loose before I took this apart - lots of side
play on the pivot pin.

Does anyone know a source for the 2 small tonearm grommets? Or
perhaps the size I should look for at a radio supply store?

Thanks Jack