CAA "Cooking the BidBook"???

Old September 23rd 05, 07:36 PM
Gene

Default CAA "Cooking the BidBook"???

These mother****ers a CAA have finally got on my **** list. I have
heard bad things about them for years, but never gave it much thought.
I placed a bid on the Long Beach auction which closed on the afternoon
of the 22nd. The evening of the 22nd, the PRICES REALIZED were
posted, and I was the winner of the lot, at a good price, below my
max. bid. This morning I took a look at some other items, and they
have CHANGED the price realized on that lot, to just above my high
bid, and I am no longer the winner of the lot. After 4 or 5 calls,
numerous long holds, and finally getting someone with half a brain (I
guess...), they now tell me that it was a TYPO. They now say a Phone
Bidder won the lot ... How ****ING CONVIENIENT.... I have been around
this business almost 30 years, and I REMEMBER the days when I could
call the auction houses, who shall remain nameless, and find out what
the high book bid was. I was doing a LOT of business as a dealer
then, and the auction houses loved my $$$, if you get my drift. Now
that I am retired, and a small player, they dont have to cater to me
any longer. I cant prove they did anything wrong, but YOU think
about it.. I mean, the PRICE REALIZED for the CLOSED AUCTION ITEM was
POSTED on their website. That SHOULD be the final price.. But....????
YOU Think about it... I will NEVER bid with CAA again, unless I
receive that lot at MY WINNING BID.. Damned *******S....
Old September 23rd 05, 08:18 PM
stonej

Someone over on
the Collectors
Universe currency
message board
refers to CAA
as "the evil empire" Apparently he
raised a fuss with
them about something and they banned him
for life from bidding
in their auctions.

I have heard other
things about CAA...