Kaweco "Eyedropper" Ink Rollers

Old May 20th 05, 04:38 PM
Chuck Swisher

Default Kaweco "Eyedropper" Ink Rollers

We now have a link to these pens on our What's New page so you can order
these pens on line. You will find photos and information about these pens
at the following link:

http://www.swisherpens.com/New_Items/New_items.html

We also have the large bottles of the Noodler's black ink with the
eyedropper built into the cap. This is one of the inks that Nathan Tardif
has recommended for use in these pens (the others are any of the Eel or
Swisher Pens inks).

I was also informed yesterday that there may soon be matching Kaweco Ice
"Eyedropper" fountain pens available soon to match these ink rollers. As
soon as I know more I will let you know.

Thanks for looking!

Best wishes,

Chuck Swisher -

Swisher Pens, Inc. -
www.swisherpens.com

Tele: (757) 471-7445, TF: 1-888-340-7367, Fax: (757) 925-2787

Old May 20th 05, 05:29 PM
KCat

"Chuck Swisher" wrote in message
We now have a link to these pens on our What's New page so you can order
these pens on line. You will find photos and information about these pens
at the following link:

http://www.swisherpens.com/New_Items/New_items.html

And if for any reason you want to try an inexpensive but excellent little
FP - not temperamental, very smooth nib, and a great fit to the hand...

check out the Kaweco Sport special at Swisher also. For $24 (that includes
teh shipping) for two pens, even if you decide you still don't like the FP
experience, it's not a huge loss and I guarantee you can sell it later on
one of the many pen boards.

possibly even to me, even though I just bought two more after a friend sent
me one as a BD gift. I'd stayed away from them thinking "what do I need
with another cheap fountain pen?" But i was so impressed that on day two, i
ordered another set.

Old May 20th 05, 06:27 PM
KCat

sorry - in my rush to scan the group I thought this was a response to
"casioculture".

still... love this pen!

Old May 20th 05, 11:35 PM
Bluesea

"Chuck Swisher" wrote in message
We now have a link to these pens on our What's New page so you can order
these pens on line. You will find photos and information about these pens
at the following link:

http://www.swisherpens.com/New_Items/New_items.html

I like the idea, but precisely how are these refilled? I know that a regular
Sport would get a new (or refilled) short int'l cartridge, but I can't tell
how to refill one of these pens. Is the cartridge modified to permit
refilling by eyedropper? From what I can see, it doesn't look like the ink
goes into the barrel w/o a cartridge. Do they hold more ink than an
unmodified ink roller?

Thanks.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old May 21st 05, 02:15 AM
Dave

On 2005-05-20 15:35:22 -0700, "Bluesea" said:

I like the idea, but precisely how are these refilled? I know that a regular
Sport would get a new (or refilled) short int'l cartridge, but I can't tell
how to refill one of these pens. Is the cartridge modified to permit
refilling by eyedropper? From what I can see, it doesn't look like the ink
goes into the barrel w/o a cartridge. Do they hold more ink than an
unmodified ink roller?

They are modified (by an O-ring and maybe some wax on the threads) to
be eyedropper filled straight into the barrel, no cartridge, and
therefore hold a huge amount of ink.

David

Old May 21st 05, 07:18 AM
Chuck Swisher

David wrote:

They are modified (by an O-ring and maybe some wax on the threads) to be
eyedropper filled straight into the barrel, no cartridge, and therefore
hold a huge amount of ink.

In regards to these Kaweco Eyedroppers, Nathan Tardif actually puts each one
on the lathe and cuts a groove out of the section so the O-ring stays put
and no wax is needed. It appears to me that he may put a little silicone on
the O-rings as a lubricant, but I don't believe this has anything to do with
preventing leaks in these pens. These do hold a lot of ink for such a small
pen and it takes a long time to use a full barrel of the Noodler's black in
one of these pens. I've been using one for about 5 days now for all of my
daily writing and I still have half a barrel of ink left in this pen.
Nathan has put one of these pens on a word count machine and hopefully will
post the results soon after the Boston Show (I doubt he will be on line much
until after the show this weekend). For those that manage to get one of
these pens I would sure like to hear your comments once you have a chance to
write with it for a few days. We hope to have a few of the matching
fountain pens in time for the Raleigh Pen Show (1st weekend in June). If
you prefer to try before you buy, please stop by our table at the show. Of
course if you can't make it to the show, our 2 week return policy would also
apply to these pens.

Best wishes,

Chuck Swisher -

Swisher Pens, Inc. -
www.swisherpens.com

Tele: (757) 539-2209, TF: 1-888-340-7367, Fax: (757) 925-2787

Old May 21st 05, 08:39 AM
Dave

On 2005-05-20 23:18:07 -0700, "Chuck Swisher" said:

David wrote:

They are modified (by an O-ring and maybe some wax on the threads) to
be eyedropper filled straight into the barrel, no cartridge, and
therefore hold a huge amount of ink.

In regards to these Kaweco Eyedroppers, Nathan Tardif actually puts
each one on the lathe and cuts a groove out of the section so the
O-ring stays put and no wax is needed.

Thanks for the clarification.

David

Old May 21st 05, 07:10 PM
Bluesea

Thanks!

BTW, silicone is great for keeping o-rings from drying out and cracking and
is used a lot with scuba equipment for that reason.

--
~~Bluesea~~