How many in brick?

Old February 9th 04, 08:04 PM
Coin Saver

From: dollarsavr

Coinsaver wrote:
Regardless of the denomination, there are 4,000 Notes in a brick, wrapped in

100 Note bundles.

I hope that you realize that I'm not sharp-shooting you. I just wanted to

point out that it is possible for you or some one else to "COIN" a name for
this item.

Huh?
8-?

Coin Saver
Old February 11th 04, 09:31 PM
Vinkjm

ED
I think it was 30 packs, I only had one brick ,that i brought to a memphis for
chuck O'Donnel ,i brought it in a brief case ,Don't think 40 would fit.??
It's been a while.
marty
Old February 29th 04, 09:47 PM
Anonymous Joe

"Malanutt 4 Life" wrote in message
There are 10 straps in a "brick", 1,000 notes. But I have also heard of
"blocks" so I wonder if those are what have 40 straps in them. I know

there are
packaged note bigger than bricks and that might be what a block is.

Someone
correct me if I'm wrong.

Tom

A block is something else entirely. I sure hope I'm right on this, but a
block has an unspecified amount of notes within it. It is the letters of
the serial numbers. So, a $1 with A00000000A is in the same block as
A56314521A, even though there are some 50 million notes between them. Then
again you could think of it as a block made in a specific month.
http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~dmoffitt/serials/ can tell you what notes are in
the same block from the same month. As you'll see, there isn't a set amount
of notes made in a month.....I'm also not sure if in a month that it says
A00000000A through A9600000000A was made if that means every note in between
was made as well....

Old March 1st 04, 11:28 PM
AnswerMan2

Here's the question and answer from my Bank Note Clinic column:

Q: I've read about "packs" and "bricks" of bank notes. What are they talking
about?
The Bureau of Engraving and Printing prints all U.S. notes. A pack of notes
contains 100 notes. The packs are made into a brick of 40 packs or 4,000 notes
for shipment to the Federal Reserve Banks. You can ask you bank for a pack, as
this would be the form in which they get them. The notes in the pack would
normally have serial numbers in sequence, with replacement notes - which
have a star instead of a letter in the serial number - filling in for any
defective notes caught during the printing process.
Alan Herbert
The AnswerMan

Old March 9th 04, 10:35 PM
patrick burk

NEED MONEY? A $6 investment can help you pay off your debts!!!

NEED MONEY? Find out how a small $6 investment can help you pay off
your debts !!!!

Dear Interested Persons:
I've been looking long and hard for a way to make some extra money to
pay off my debts and be free from the slavery of a nine to five dead
end job. A few months ago I found this quick way to make some big
money and want to share it with all of you who are struggling in
today's economy and living paycheck to paycheck like me.
Desperate I read this add posted by someone and I thought it would
never work, but I gave it a chance. The directions posted here,look
long and confusing but it's really not. The directions are simple and
detailed, and you can't go wrong! Try it out, its only 6 dollars!
I Know what you are thinking, it just wouldn't work 'cause too many
people would scheme their way out of actually paying the $6. Well, let
me tell you, A LOT of people are willing to give up $6 in order to
make hundreds upon thousands.
So here's what you do. You have to ACTUALLY send the money or you
won't get yours. That's how it works. You send six people one dollar
each and ask to be put on their mailing list. You are paying for a
service which makes this legal, and they add your name to THEIR list
that they send out. This is a legitimate, money-making opportunity. It
does not require you to sell anything or to come in contact with
people. Best of all, you only leave the house to mail the letters. If
you have always believed that someday you would recovery financially,
and have money in the bank, then simply follow the instructions and
make your dreams come true.
NOTE: This service is legal - (Refer to title 18 section 1302 of the
U.S. Postal & lottery laws)What you are doing is requesting a
legitimate service and you are paying for it!
This is how it could work for you? When you send out 200 Posts, it is
estimated that at least 15 people will respond and send you a $1.00.
($15.00) Those 15 will Post 200 Posts each and 225 people send you
$1.00 ($225.00) Those 225 people Post 200 Posts each and 3,375 people
send you $1.00 ($3,375.00) Those 3,375 post 200 posts each and 759,375
people send you $1.00 ($759,375.00) At this point your name drops off
the list, but so far you have received $813,615.00.
Here's what you do...First, you need to print this out, or copy and
paste to your computer's notepad. That way, you can add your name
later and you will have all the info you need. Follow directions
EXACTLY and you will start receiving money within a week or two. Here
Goes....
STEP 1: Get 6 separate pieces of paper and write the following on each
piece of paper: "PLEASE PUT ME ON YOUR MAILING LIST". Now get 6 US
$1.00 bills and place ONE inside EACH of the 6 pieces of paper so the
bill will not be seen through the envelope (to prevent thievery).
Next, place one paper in each of the 6 envelopes and seal them. You
should now have 6 sealed envelopes, each with a piece of paper stating
the above phrase, your name and address, and a $1.00 bill.
Mailing Addresses :
: 1. A. Goss 1108 W 2nd st. Sioux City, Ia 51103
: 2. Jason Barone P.O. Box 1015 Glen Burnie, MD 21060-1015
: 3. Jonathon Markwood 3308 Birdsong Way Birmingham, AL 35242
: 4. P. Ortner 29 Briarlee Dr. Tonawanda, NY 14150
: 5. Heidi Young 7409 StHwy 206 Sidney Center NY13839
: 6 P. Burkhalter 3664 caminito carmel landing, San Diego, CA 92130
STEP 2: Now take the #1 name off the list that you see above, move the
other names up (6 becomes 5, 5 becomes 4, etc...) and add YOUR Name as
number 6 on the list.
STEP 3: Change anything you need to, but try to keep this article as
close to original as possible. Now, post your amended article to at
least 200 newsgroups. (I think there are close to 24,000 groups) All
you need is 200, but remember, the more you post, the more money you
make! PLEASE REMEMBER that this program remains successful because of
the honesty and integrity of the participants and by their carefully
adhering to the directions. Look at it this way. If you are of
integrity, the program will continue and the money that so many others
have received will come your way. NOTE: You may want to retain every
name and address sent to you, either on a computer or hard copy and
keep the notes people send you. This VERIFIES that you are truly
providing a service. (Also, it might be a good idea to wrap the $1
bill in dark paper to reduce the risk of mail theft.) FOR HOW TO POST
TO NEWSGROUPS--Step 1) You do not need to re-type this entire letter
to do your own posting. Simply put your cursor at the beginning of
this letter and drag your cursor to the bottom of this document, and
select 'copy' from the edit menu. This will copy the entire letter
into the computer's memory. Step 2) Open a blank 'notepad' file and
place your cursor at the top of the blank page. From the 'edit' menu
select 'paste'. This will paste a copy of the letter into notepad so
that you can add your name to the list. Step 3) Save your new notepad
file as a .txt file. If you want to do your postings in different
settings, you'll always have this file to go back to. Step 4) Log on
to any search engine like yahoo.com, altavista.com, google.com. Then
search with keyword subjects like money making message board, money
making forum,etc. You will find tons of message boards. Click one by
one then you will find the option: Post new message. Step 5) Visit
these message boards and post this article as a new message by
highlighting the text of this letter and selecting paste from the edit
menu. Fill in the Subject, this will be the header that everyone sees
as they scroll through the list of postings in a particular group,
click the post message button. You're done with your first one!
Congratulations...THAT'S IT! All you have to do is jump to different
newsgroups and post away, after you get the hang of it, it will take
about 30 seconds for each newsgroup! **REMEMBER, THE MORE NEWSGROUPS
YOU POST IN, THE MORE MONEY YOU WILL MAKE!! BUT YOU HAVE TO POST A
MINIMUM OF 200**