Morgan roll holders, separate coin chambers

Old October 19th 05, 04:47 PM

Default Morgan roll holders, separate coin chambers

I've seen some silver dollar roll "tubes" on television. The holder
opens lengthwise and has grooves for individual coins that keeps the
coins from touching each other. Does anyone know where I can buy these
holders? I'm putting together some rolls of Morgans that are, IMO, 64+,
so don't want them rubbing on each other.

TIA,
Anita

Old October 19th 05, 09:02 PM

JMark wrote:
You probably saw them at shopathometv. Add a dot com and click
accessories. While you're there, look around at their prices for
Morgans - a good laugh.

Thanks, JMark. I checked with the site and saw they were called "coin
vaults," which listed for $17.95 at Shop at Home. I found some similar
vaults on eBay for $2.50. It was no trouble after I knew what they were
called.

Thanks!
Anita

Old October 19th 05, 09:49 PM
Johnny Thunder

" wrote:

I've seen some silver dollar roll "tubes" on television. The holder
opens lengthwise and has grooves for individual coins that keeps the
coins from touching each other. Does anyone know where I can buy these
holders? I'm putting together some rolls of Morgans that are, IMO, 64+,
so don't want them rubbing on each other.

TIA,
Anita

These type of coin tubes are NOT recommended for long term storage. They
will allow air and the moisture it contains into the container.

These type of tubes are for shipping only.

If the coins are MS64 they should be stored in capsules or Eagle holders
to protect them.

http://www.eaglecoinholders.com/cata...c59e 21f8f191

http://www.vcoins.com/us/kointainer/...namicIndex.asp

http://www.air-tites.com/ATdirectfit.htm

JAM
Old October 19th 05, 09:49 PM

JMark wrote:

I think you could get 10 for $17.95...or maybe I was watching the travel
channel.

You're right. I though $17.95 was a bit high. Ah, well... I should have
bought 10 and sold the ones I didn't need, which is probably what the
seller I bought from is doing.

At least I won't get on the CV mailing list if they have one -- always
a bright lining.

Anita

Old October 20th 05, 03:00 AM
jcsuperstar

I have not seen these and in addition to the expressed concern with
regard to trapped moisture, I wonder about mechanical friction from
the container itself. Are they loose to rattle? What materials do
they appear to be made of? Are they easy to insert a coin into and
extract a coin from? Those inital willies where the coins first emerge
from a traditional tube are as unnerving as peeling a Pillsbury dinner
roll tube waiting for the pop.

Old October 20th 05, 05:21 AM
Jerry Dennis

jcsuperstar wrote:
I have not seen these and in addition to the expressed concern with
regard to trapped moisture, I wonder about mechanical friction from
the container itself. Are they loose to rattle? What materials do
they appear to be made of? Are they easy to insert a coin into and
extract a coin from? Those inital willies where the coins first emerge
from a traditional tube are as unnerving as peeling a Pillsbury dinner
roll tube waiting for the pop.

Here ya go, JC:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?T2A51230C

$17.95 for ten of 'em doesn't seem like such a bad deal, but I have to
agree with Johnny as far as their storage limitations are concerned.

Jerry

Old October 20th 05, 05:28 AM
jcsuperstar

Thanks. Interesting but I think I'd stick with the practicality of a
2x2 box with them in safe flips.