ROWE CD-100 OBA NOISE

Old March 18th 04, 02:09 AM
Spookshow

Default ROWE CD-100 OBA NOISE

My OBA seems to causing a staticy pulsing sound on my speakers, which can be heard before a song starts and after it ends (or during quiet sections of the song itself). If I disconnect the bill acceptor from the controller the sound goes away. Any suggestions as to what I can do to eliminate this noise?

Thanks,
-Mark
Old March 18th 04, 06:39 AM
Ken Layton

Over the years I've had several of the "transport to controller" cable
assemblies develop breaks inside the wire harness. Replacing the cable assembly
cured it.
Old March 18th 04, 11:30 AM
Spookshow

I see what you mean about the harness. There's exposed wire all over the
place. That's got to be the problem, thanks.

-Mark

Old April 3rd 04, 12:04 AM
Spookshow

Well, it turns out the problem wasn't the harness after all (although I went
ahead and blew the $70 bucks on a new one anyway). After replacing the
harness, the speaker noise was still evident. So, I pulled the bill acceptor
off it's track and set it aside (leaving it connected to the controller,
however). Lo and behold the noise went away. So I tried isolating the track
mounts with rubber washers, remounted the acceptor, and voila, no more
noise. I don't even rate as an amateur at this stuff so I'd hate to even
hazard a guess at what problem I solved. Then again, I guess I won't lose
much sleep over it at this point :-)

-Mark