Mysonbrad wishes to post this

Old August 10th 03, 07:01 PM
Eric Tillery

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 17:41:27 GMT, "Davey" wrote:

Eric,

Good to hear your feeling better!

Yeah, me too! My oxygen level dropped, and I had to go in to get hooked up
on the machine that clears out the lungs. They kept me overnight for observation
and let me out Wednesday morning after confirming my oxygen saturation had become
stable.
--
K6AZ WEB PAGES

http://www.k6az.com/web_pages.htm
Old August 13th 03, 03:23 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Eric Tillery wrote:

On 08 Aug 2003 03:21:30 GMT, ospam (Ira Stein) wrote:

Stu Miller wrote:

I might have bid on a raw coin or two of his if given the chance
myself so dealing with him doesn't place you on the wrong side of any
fence I have. Posting here, however, might have placed you one the
wrong side of that seller's fence.

Just for the heck of it I decided to bid on one of Brad Hollender's auctions on
eBay, a 1953 Quarter slabbed by ACG. Well, well well. Seems I'm blocked too!

Brad wrote me aerlier that he has no connection with Hager and dioesn't know
who he is. Here's what he then wrote:

* IRA S. I THOUGHT YOU WOULD BE KIND ENOUGH TO LET THE GROUP KNOW THAT I BOUGHT
AN ESTATE OUT OF FLORIDA AND DIDN'T BLOCK ANYONE FROM MY LIST. ALSO, I WILL
OFFERsnip

Hogwash! Bought out of an Estate? Didn't block anybody? Well, mysonbrad is
blocked from my auctions and will forever remain thus. I hate liars!
Ira Stein

I'm sorry I didn't catch the posts about this guy when they were posted, but I had a minor
health setback Tuesday. I'm doing fine now.

This guy is well known in San Diego (at least he was when I left) and let's just say his reputation
is not stellar.

He is on my list of known ACG associates/submitters/dealers, and the fact that he is sharing a
blocked bidder list with Clayton Spencer ought to tell you everything you need to know.

Karma appears to be exerting it's full force in a powerful turn of the wheel.

A few years ago the question was "How do you alert all the coin
collectors in America that this company is misleading them?" Today they
have excluded the collectors from their auctions. ;-)

Could you ask for a tidier or more ironic result?

Alan
'nice, nice, very nice'
Old August 13th 03, 03:41 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 14:23:52 GMT, Alan & Erin Williams
is alleged to have written:

Eric Tillery wrote:

He is on my list of known ACG associates/submitters/dealers, and the fact that he is sharing a
blocked bidder list with Clayton Spencer ought to tell you everything you need to know.

I can't check to see if I'm blocked, since it appears that the gentleman still
hasn't had the time to repost his auctions. If I'm on the list, the only place
he could have got it is from Clayton.

Karma appears to be exerting it's full force in a powerful turn of the wheel.

Karmic backlash is a b***h. And I don't think the universe is done balancing
ACG, et al yet.

A few years ago the question was "How do you alert all the coin
collectors in America that this company is misleading them?" Today they
have excluded the collectors from their auctions. ;-)

Could you ask for a tidier or more ironic result?

Well, they are excluding the informed collectors. But informed collectors were
never realy part of their customer base in the first place. ACG needs clueless
newbies and Ebay is a ready source for such.

However, ACG is rapidly dropping off of radar. Very few acg auctions compared to
a year ago and outside of people directly connected with ACG there are no ACG
dealers left. All those who prefer looser grading standards are moving to NTC
and the new PCI.

It's approching time to retarget.

Bruce

Old August 13th 03, 04:04 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Eric Tillery wrote:

[...]

Without more 'serious' collectors to drive prices up, even the profit
margins have to be down. And we both know that RCC is filled to the
brim with 'serious' collectors (he said as he looked at his $107 Oregon
Trail Commem with the test cut on the reverse)

All those who prefer looser grading standards are moving to NTC
and the new PCI.

That would be people with collections like mine who would prefer to have
them in slabs?

Alan
'Submit-A-Grade gave my Oregon an MS-64'
Old August 13th 03, 04:24 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:04:41 GMT, Alan & Erin Williams
is alleged to have written:

However, ACG is rapidly dropping off of radar. Very few acg auctions compared to
a year ago and outside of people directly connected with ACG there are no ACG
dealers left.

Without more 'serious' collectors to drive prices up, even the profit
margins have to be down. And we both know that RCC is filled to the
brim with 'serious' collectors (he said as he looked at his $107 Oregon
Trail Commem with the test cut on the reverse)

RCC is full of informed collectors, but i don't know if you could call us
serious. :-) (He says as he looks at his shrunken Brass Buck)

All those who prefer looser grading standards are moving to NTC
and the new PCI.

That would be people with collections like mine who would prefer to have
them in slabs?

No, that would the people who have stock like your collection and want to sell
them for inflated prices. They'd seal their coins in jello if they thought they
could get another 1%.

Hmmm...maybe that would explain some of the rather suspect purple toning I've
seen recently. Dip the coin in grape jello, then slab it.

Bruce

Old August 13th 03, 04:25 PM
Ed Hendricks

"Bruce Hickmott" wrote in message
All those who prefer looser grading standards are
moving to NTC
and the new PCI.

Bruce

I know it has been covered here before, but I have taken a nap since then.
:-) How do you tell the difference between an old and a new PCI slab?

--
Ed Hendricks
ANA# R178621

Old August 13th 03, 04:31 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:25:23 GMT, "Ed Hendricks"
is alleged to have written:

"Bruce Hickmott" wrote in message
All those who prefer looser grading standards are
moving to NTC
and the new PCI.

Bruce

I know it has been covered here before, but I have taken a nap since then.
:-) How do you tell the difference between an old and a new PCI slab?

It's based on serial number and slab color. Gold bordered labels are new PCI,
but there are others as well. Somebody (Eric?) had detailed descriptions of the
differences between new and old. I wonder if we could get that added to the FAQ?

Bruce
Old August 13th 03, 05:18 PM
Ed Hendricks

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:25:23 GMT, "Ed Hendricks"
is alleged to have written:

"Bruce Hickmott" wrote in message
All those who prefer looser grading standards are
moving to NTC
and the new PCI.

Bruce

I know it has been covered here before, but I have taken a nap since
then. :-) How do you tell the difference between an old and a new
PCI slab?

It's based on serial number and slab color. Gold bordered labels are
new PCI, but there are others as well. Somebody (Eric?) had detailed
descriptions of the differences between new and old. I wonder if we
could get that added to the FAQ?

Bruce

Good idea. Thanks for the info. Maybe Eric or whoever will post the serial
number differences.

--
Ed Hendricks
ANA# R178621