advice/part for a rockola 2000x (3000x)

Old March 21st 13, 07:01 PM
augiedoggy augiedoggy is offline
Junior Member

Default advice/part for a rockola 2000x (3000x)

Hello,
I recently aquired a rockola 2000x that has a incomplete garbled display readout and does not play the selected songs accuratly, it seems to act up more the longer its been on until the point that its usless it appears the display p.c. board is at least one of the issues the part # is 55069-1A and it is the same as used in the mirage 3000. I am having a hard time sourcing one of theae as well as a service manual. I am a service tech for the wide format graphic arts, cad and newspaper industry so I rhink I can fumble through getting this thing working correctly with a little guidence. Does anyone know where I may find the board or manual?
Thanks,
Tim

Last edited by augiedoggy : March 22nd 13 at 01:05 PM.
Old March 25th 13, 02:11 AM
augiedoggy augiedoggy is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
Hello,
I recently acquired a rockola 2000x that has a incomplete garbled display readout and does not play the selected songs accurately, it seems to act up more the longer its been on until the point that its useless it appears the display p.c. board is at least one of the issues the part # is 55069-1A and it is the same as used in the mirage 3000. I am having a hard time sourcing one of theae as well as a service manual. I am a service tech for the wide format graphic arts, cad and newspaper industry so I think I can fumble through getting this thing working correctly with a little guidance. Does anyone know where I may find the board or manual?
Thanks,
Tim
Ok this is odd but the other side of the display board has a part # 55068-1
I have found if I push on the corner of the keyboard pad glass the keypad will work but other wise its hit of miss. the display also works except the top segment is out on the whole readout display......
...EDIT UPDATE, I figured out what was causing my display and keyboard to act up.... all of the segments were receiving around 4-5 volts except the voltage to the top section across all the display sections which was 11.2 volts? (Pin 9) Could this be caused from bad display IC control chips on the computer? I'd appreciate if some one with schematics could verify what I should be reading at pin 9.

I was able to put a piece of electrical tape over pin 9 at the ribbon connector and not the control panel and all functions work great except I still have no readout on the very top horizontal segment of each readout led. Strange how the keypad was effected before by applying force in the corner of the panel but now works great.

Last edited by augiedoggy : March 26th 13 at 02:27 AM.

Rockola 2000X tmcderm653 Juke Boxes 2 January 10th 11 06:26 PM
ROCKOLA 3000X "MIRAGE" JUKEBOX thevidkid Juke Boxes 3 April 19th 10 02:46 PM
rockola 2000X cd manual and info needed Dave Juke Boxes 2 July 23rd 07 02:14 PM
help: rockola 2000x problem [email protected][_2_] Juke Boxes 5 April 24th 07 03:17 AM
rockola 2000x jukeboxguy514 Juke Boxes 1 December 5th 06 07:34 PM